NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Question for those of you who have already stopped!

Boltuschkin

After you guys stopped gaming did you instantly started to do productive things/ things you always wanted to do (eg. learn instrument, study for uni etc) or did you first just kinda did nothing like stare at a wall, read, lie in bed.

For some reason I find it very difficult to pick myself up and I was wondering if this was normal or if I should apply myself more.

Thank you in advance!

When I first stopped, I immediately began picking up other activities and focused on productive things. 

Doing nothing can cause your thoughts to wander back to gaming and your emotions will be running on the low end of things.

It will feel like a battle at first and you won't feel good emotionally at first. 

But trust me it gets better. I've been over 90 days free and it feels so good! :D

Keep going and remember we are all going through the same journey. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 1:36 PM, amchow said:

It will feel like a battle at first and you won't feel good emotionally at first. 

But trust me it gets better. I've been over 90 days free and it feels so good! :D

Thank you man, this is exactly what I needed to hear! I was just feeling really agitated and tired since I quit gaming and I thought that maybe if I did nothing and waited for a while it would just go away but it never did. But you telling me that I can just do whatever I planned on doing and those feelings go a way kinda changed my view. 

So thanks a lot!  

When I first quit I did whatever I felt like doing at the time. Often that was just sitting around and watching a movie, going for a walk, reading....whatever popped into my head. Slowly, after the first month, I started to add new things to my routine. Some of the things I added were just random things I tried in the first month. After a while those new things (walking, meditation, yoga) have become a part of my new routine. I suggest that you take it easy on yourself during the first few weeks. It's enough to have to deal with what's going on in your head.

All the best.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did nothing initially. And it actually felt really good, instead of my brain going flat-out all the time.

Then, after about a day, I started to be aware of other tasks or things I was interested in. For example, I became aware of always having dishes in the sink or the floor needed cleaning, instead of usually staring at my phone. So I did those. Then I noticed more and more things.

I didn't have excuses to not go running, and I had the energy because I was sleeping properly again. So I slowly started running more.

I recommend just being in the moment for a day or two. Take the time to appreciate the weather. Take the time to just be you. From that, not only will you feel more centered and focused, you'll know what you want to do next. Once you've got momentum, soon you'll always be on the move and will wonder how you ever found time for games.