NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A day at a time - Panda's daily journal

royal panda

@Jason70and @Commissar Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to it, especially with being bullied, when i entered high school i was nervous my bullies would tell potential friends their assumptions about me and no one would wanna be friends. College on the other hand is a fresh start, and i am excited to make school friends finally. 

For gaming i went off here and thought i could handle it myself i was incorrect. A few days after i relapsed and have been playing since, however i think my 40 days away from its been helpful as i have structured my thing so its the last thing i do. The rest of the day is working towards my dreams and other hobbies. Today i quit discord and this time for good, i feel so good. It was warm today, and even though there was snow, i loved it. One downside of more recent days though is i am dealing with itchiness on the tops of my second and third toe on my right foot, and only at night. Idk if it's athletes foot but hopefully it resides. 

For gaming in general since its not intruding, i have decided to play until the last week of july. The first time my mom tells me "its time to start packing for college," then that means i am done with games never touching one again. I plan to bring the consoles of mine though so i can sell them with the games when i am at college, not to play them. For now though I'm continuing with my current schedule.

I will keep you updated on any other great things that happen to me, any achievements i do. I don't feel the need to update this every day so maybe once a month i will do a whole achievements thing. 

Thanks for all the support 🙂

2 hours ago, royal panda said:

Today i quit discord and this time for good, i feel so good.

It sure does. Discord is literally the Greek Goddess of Drama. That app is set up to make it impossible not to argue.

2 hours ago, royal panda said:

For gaming in general since its not intruding, i have decided to play until the last week of july. The first time my mom tells me "its time to start packing for college," then that means i am done with games never touching one again.

Hopefully this plan works. I notice it relies on your mother. If you feel like she's not going to tell you to quit early enough, you can set your own quit day too.

• Like 2

Awesome stuff, Panda! You should be proud of what you've done and what's coming.

The problem with games for a lot of us isn't the games themselves - They can be a lot of fun! - But it's that they've become, for whatever reason, an obstacle to being happy and fulfilled rather than an aid. Super pleased for you for making this call and seeing where it takes you.

Best of luck with precalc and all that follows!

• Like 1

I really felt I conquered my gaming addiction between 6 months and 1 year. My cravings went away and I was able to focus on other things like journaling, climbing, work, and hockey. It's ok to fail. It took me almost 14 years to be able to resist gaming urges etc. That's a long time. I even made it almost 6 months once and relapsed. The relapses just build your anger and determination to quit even more. You got this,

• Like 1