NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hey people!

Another soldier joining your ranks my people, It's time for me to quit, about myself, well:

My name is Andy, I'm currently 37 y/o, I've been a gamer nearly all my life, started at the very early age of 10 with an Atari 2600. Moon Patrool welcomed me to the world that would be both my blessing and my curse, the feeling I had when I first laid my hands on that controller and my eyes into that screen was undescribable, don't ask me how, but it was right there that I knew videogames would stay with me for a long run.

I've been the typical loner during most of my life, my social skills are lacking, I suck at sports, most of the kids on my neighb would only play sports so I would rarely show up to play, so not many friends. In school, I was the typical nerd who would know a lot, get some nice grades and never said no when someone asked for help with their homework, actually... throughout my life I have in fact helped a lot of people with all sorts of issues, I guess I'm gifted in a way, but that stopped one day, 8 years ago, the day I got very sick and ended up in hospital, wanna take a guess of how many of those I helped went to see me or at least bothered to call?..... yup. only one (who is to date my best friend).... ONE, that day I lost my faith in friendship and realized I wasted a lot of my life helping those undeserved and completely forgot about caring about myself.

Just like everyone else at some point, I've had to deal with a lot of shit on my plate, Anxiety, depression, stress, loneliness, lack of purpose, Illness, even struggled with my sexuality, and every single time an unbearable lightning of this thing called life strikes me, I always end up going back to my shelter, my place, VIDEOGAMES. So I realized I use videogames as an escape, a escape of my reality which feels empty, lacking, sad.....

I stopped having dreams, I don't have anything to fight for, I don't sleep well (these horrible eyebags can't let me lie), I feel tired most of the day, I'm driftless (But oddly enough, not really depressed, just sad), so I'm VERY positive quitting videogames is going to change my life for the better. I've tried quitting 2 or 3 times, but I always relapse 3 o 4 days later.

The thing is, when I quit videogames, I don't know what else to do with my time, I can't find ANY activities that get me excited or hooked enough to not want to go back to games, I've tried working out (which I still do but doesn't motivate me enough), singing, editing videos, playing instruments, etc, you name it. Also going out with "friends" is a no go either cause first of all, I don't have that many friends, second of all remember I have issues with trust due to what happened to me in the past with all the people that let me down, I find it very hard to fully trust people again, which complicates things even more.

But either way I'm very determined to start my life over, erase and rewind, wish me luck!

Hey Andy! Stoked you're here with us!

I've shared some thoughts with you on the reddit thread but just focus on the 90 day detox and things will start to get better motivation wise, etc over time. Remember, you have many years of habits to break through, but it can absolutely be done if you focus one hour at a time. I'd recommend reading Joe's journal for a good example of someone who's been able to make progress slowly each day by focusing on little changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya bro, welcome aboard

You are not alone my friend, use this law of attraction that people say, i did and it works!!

Also it would be a good option to start with a hobby, that involves meeting other people majorly and why not a lot of women. Dancing is a choice that covers these aspects + by selecting a dance you would enjoy more, gives you an energy dose of life by itself

I speak from experience here

Anyway whatever you need, you can be the one asking for help this time, if it is in my power I'll get it done ;)

Later

Hiya bro, welcome aboard

You are not alone my friend, use this law of attraction that people say, i did and it works!!

Also it would be a good option to start with a hobby, that involves meeting other people majorly and why not a lot of women. Dancing is a choice that covers these aspects + by selecting a dance you would enjoy more, gives you an energy dose of life by itself

I speak from experience here

Anyway whatever you need, you can be the one asking for help this time, if it is in my power I'll get it done ;)

Later

?Thanks, although I'm much more of a fan of singing but I guess I can give it a try, haha!