NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journaling barefoot

Barefoot Mitch

Second forum page get. 🙂

Day 16, Friday, 28 August, 2020

Good day at work. Web shop fixed, and we got the green light on a new project as well. I wanted to go for a run today, but as soon as I got ready it started raining, so another lazy day at home. The Kalimba arrived, I didn’t expect that playing one would be this hard. Practice makes perfect.

Our house got connected to fibre optics today. Something I've wanted every since I was a little lad. We used to have a really awful DSL connection (4mbit down) up until about 2014. All my friends (video game friends) had good internet and low ping, I had packet loss because I shared the connection with my sister that used to download a lot of junk. I've always wanted fibre optics, and now I'm not even excited about it any more. Sure, my latency to google is lower, and my download speed doubled (from 60 to 120mbit), but it's not like we needed more than that. Oh well, it was a free upgrade.

Edited by Barefoot Mitch
  • Like 3

Actually my original supervisor heard the second supervisor was getting on my case and complained about it for me. Then she found me two new supervisors who would see me at a discounted rate. So I was able to drop the supervisor that was causing me stress and get with a new supervisor who also provided me with a new job that pays more and I'm getting the ball rolling with her on Monday. Looking forward to it, I hope this new relationship works out.

Good awareness of your thoughts. Cravings come and go. You'll probably get better at letting them go with time. That's ironic you got fiber optics now. But like you said, oh well.

Edited by Erik2.0

On 8/29/2020 at 4:33 PM, Erik2.0 said:

Actually my original supervisor heard the second supervisor was getting on my case and complained about it for me. Then she found me two new supervisors who would see me at a discounted rate. So I was able to drop the supervisor that was causing me stress and get with a new supervisor who also provided me with a new job that pays more and I'm getting the ball rolling with her on Monday. Looking forward to it, I hope this new relationship works out.

Good awareness of your thoughts. Cravings come and go. You'll probably get better at letting them go with time. That's ironic you got fiber optics now. But like you said, oh well.

You have to pay to get supervised? That's quite strange. Hows your new supervisor? I haven't had the time to read through people's journals yet.

Day 20, Tuesday, 1 September, 2020

Missed a few days, no relapse though, just very busy. Went for a run Saturday night, took a bath, and as soon as I opened my laptop to journal my mom called me downstairs. She say something weird sticking out underneath one of our kitchen cabinets. Turned out to be a mouse tail, we got the mouse out by pulling on the tail with a pair of tweezers, unfortunately killing the animal. Didn’t feel like journaling after, as it was already quite late.

Went to the family member I mentioned earlier in my journal. Had a fun day, went shopping, bought a ton of clothes, and ate very nice food. Talked a bit with their video game obsessed son. Very smart guy despite only being 12. I can already notice that his posture is abysmal because of gaming though, so I’ll have to talk with his parents some time soon. Seemed a bit rude to mention my concerns immediately, and they didn’t ask (yet). No time to journal this day, came home pretty late.

Monday workday. Came home, ate dinner, went upstairs to journal, get called down, someone at the door. The same family we visited Sunday, they promised me some food they had left in the freezer but forgot on Sunday, so they came and brought it over. Ate it today (Tuesday), very nice stuff. They stayed until quite late, so no time for journaling again.

Another day of work today, came home, ate food, and went for a run. Here we are again, no relapse, just been busy. I should be less busy the coming few days, so I’ll journal more often.

• Like 1

It's standard for therapists to have to pay a supervisor while in their residency. The system for getting us licensed is not very good or easy to navigate. I worked for a year not knowing I could hire a supervisor, all those hours could have counted towards my 3400 hour requirement and now they're just gone in the wind. I have two new supervisors. They seem okay. I'm going to have to work with them for 2 years at least, probably more so I'm going to try to get comfortable. I've been journaling in the morning, although I have more time because I'm not busy. I haven't missed a day in a while. Once I'm working full time (if it ever comes) I might be only journaling every few days too. Sounds like you're doing good, keep it up.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:01 PM, Erik2.0 said:

It's standard for therapists to have to pay a supervisor while in their residency. The system for getting us licensed is not very good or easy to navigate. I worked for a year not knowing I could hire a supervisor, all those hours could have counted towards my 3400 hour requirement and now they're just gone in the wind. I have two new supervisors. They seem okay. I'm going to have to work with them for 2 years at least, probably more so I'm going to try to get comfortable. I've been journaling in the morning, although I have more time because I'm not busy. I haven't missed a day in a while. Once I'm working full time (if it ever comes) I might be only journaling every few days too. Sounds like you're doing good, keep it up.

I see. So if you decide to not pursue being supervised by someone you lose all your 'flight hours' with them? Sounds almost worse than how pyramid schemes string you along for more and more money. I hope everything works out well though!

Day 22, Thursday, 3 September, 2020

Busy busy busy. Skipped another day of journaling.. Working on a portfolio site mock-up in case I decide to look around for a different job. Also re-bought the web-domain I used to host my portfolio on. Will re-create my portfolio over the coming weeks.

Got an e-mail from an estate agent about a small studio apartment (40m2), quite affordable and allows me to save a bit of money every month. I’ll probably get a confirmation mail about a viewing opportunity tomorrow. Not the first time I viewed these studios, they’re small (no separate bedroom), but quite comfy. Didn’t get it last time, praying for a bit more luck this time.

No plans for the weekend yet, so I should be able to invest a lot of time into the portfolio website, playing music and exercising.

• Like 1

You get to keep your hours only after it's been 3 months. They report the hours every 3 month period. So if you work 2.5 months with someone and quit you probably won't get to keep those hours. It is a crappy system that screws you out of hours in many ways. I just hope my supervisors stick around and I'm able to comfortably work with them for two years to get this done. 

Good luck with your apartment hunting. Sounds like you have good things to do to keep busy.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, Erik2.0 said:

You get to keep your hours only after it's been 3 months. They report the hours every 3 month period. So if you work 2.5 months with someone and quit you probably won't get to keep those hours. It is a crappy system that screws you out of hours in many ways. I just hope my supervisors stick around and I'm able to comfortably work with them for two years to get this done. 

Good luck with your apartment hunting. Sounds like you have good things to do to keep busy.

What happens when a supervisor stops supervising you 2.5 months in? They take their cut for supervising you, and you get nothing out of the ordeal? 

Day 24, Saturday, 5 September, 2020

I really thought I wrote a journal entry yesterday.. Guess not. Yesterday was not the most productive day, typical case of the Fridays. Got quite a bit done throughout the week though, so I accept it. Went grocery shopping in a new supermarket with my mum, got myself a local ‘delicacy’ (kruidnoten).

Saturday was a decent day though. Enjoyed a bit of sun, got a confirmation message that I have a viewing for the apartment tomorrow, and I just got back from a 5.8km run. I can nearly run the entire route without stopping now. I think I ran a total of 5.6km out of 5.8km. Only stopped to clear some sharp stones from my feet. People are starting to notice me running barefoot, two ladies even asked if they could record me running for their Facebook or whatever, lol. It’s fun seeing people freed from their mind for the few seconds it takes them to process what I am doing.

Bit nervous for tomorrow, I’m not very good at new situations. I usually start sweating quite a bit when I’m feeling anxious or awkward. Still, there’s a chance I will be chosen as candidate for the apartment, so I will have to do my best to convince them I am not a sweaty neckbeard that cannot take care of the place.

• Like 1

Day 25, Sunday, 6 September, 2020

Went to view the apartment today. Really nice people (current renters), I can keep their current floor and curtains, and they have some small furniture for sale like lamps and a table which they won’t take to their new house. First floor, sun during daytime, nice big balcony and a decently sized storage box (might be able to build a teeny tiny home gym in there).

As far as they knew I’m the only candidate for this apartment, so I’m fairly excited that I might actually move out within the next two months. Lots to think about, already working on a list of stuff I need (like a washing machine, fridge, stove) before moving out. I also have set myself the goal to run the complete 5.8km without stopping before moving out. I should have at least this month to accomplish that goal.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, Barefoot Mitch said:

What happens when a supervisor stops supervising you 2.5 months in? They take their cut for supervising you, and you get nothing out of the ordeal? 

Yes I believe that's what happens. You gotta complete 3 month chunks to get credited. Unless maybe they're chill and they report the hours for you it might workout actually. Your barefoot running sounds cool and like you've been making strides (pun intended). 5.8km is a good milestone. I just go for hikes no running. I might start biking on paved trails though.

Edited by Erik2.0

Day 29, Sunday, 10 September, 2020

Nearing the one month mark! I must admit that I have cheated a little bit. I played a few rounds of haxball (some online soccer/airhockey flashgame) during break time with a colleague today. It didn’t ‘trigger’ any convulsive thoughts about playing video games, but it’s still something I should be wary of.

Work has been alright. Lots of programming, but also quite a few unnecessary meetings about stuff not ‘feeling right’ for people in other projects. Just let me do work, dangit.

I managed to complete the challenge I set myself last Sunday, I ran the entire 5.8km without stopping. That means it’s time to move out, and plan new running routes. :-P. I have to call the rental office tomorrow, to ask if they have processed my information yet. I heard the land lord that manages this property is currently on holiday, so it might take a little while longer.

• Like 1