NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

ADHD in the House!

Morrigan

Hey game quitters.

Any other ADHD-havers in the house?

In many ways I love having ADHD. It is central to my personality, and I can't imagine myself without it: energy, creativity, and hyper-focus on wonderful things are all part of the package. But it can also allow me to give into destructive impulses, especially in the face of the collective external stress of the pandemic.

I've been watching How To ADHD and looking up other resources like additude mag. I love the STOP method in the ADHD and Boredom video (stop, take a breath, observe, proceed) and advice on how to give my stimulation-hungry brain what it needs to function in a world built for other people.

If you have ADHD, suspected or diagnosed, do share! It can make quitting addictions challenging in different ways, but there are still so many ways to live a fulfilling and productive life with ADHD. If you don't have ADHD, there's still plenty to relate to in stories of of executive dysfunction and getting control of one's focus and energy.

Morrigan Out.

• 3 months later...

I will necro this because ADHD is a huge part of my identity.  I see it as a negative thing in a lot of ways because I make a lot more mistakes and have a hard time focusing whereas someone without it wouldn't have these problems.  I think this makes overcoming addictions exceptionally difficult.  Taking walks and writing in a journal helps me focus and have drive for the rest of the day.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone had improvements with ADHD related depression once they moved out and started living on their own? I am in school right now and living at home. Even though i hate school and it is extremely hard for me, I am much happier out of the house. When I am working is when I am happiest and feel most alive out of everything (which is why I am thinking of taking some time off of school).

Home is a place of feeling misunderstood and constrained, controlled. Any place like home where I am reminded I am a failure cripples paralyzes me.

Has anyone had improvements with ADHD related depression once they moved out and started living on their own? I am in school right now and living at home. Even though i hate school and it is extremely hard for me, I am much happier out of the house. When I am working is when I am happiest and feel most alive out of everything (which is why I am thinking of taking some time off of school).

Home is a place of feeling misunderstood and constrained, controlled. Any place like home where I am reminded I am a failure cripples paralyzes me.

Any feedback would be a great help, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Any feedback would be a great help, thank you.