NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Hi, I guess

Noor

Hello Game Quitters !

Name's Noor from Indonesia. 

I've been trying to quit gaming and excessive binge-watching for years (3 years exactly) since I started going to college. I often relapsed, especially when the tensions were high (usually near the end of a semester), when I usually spent hours, days even , to game or watch YouTube videos (about gaming). It helped me a lot to be relaxed as I always getting quite anxious at those times, but doing that does not exactly helping me with the assignments.  I skipped classes, ignored my assignments because I was too tired after staying up late for gaming or binge-watching.

Currently I'm in my last year, and I felt that I missed out so much from the real life. My life isn't on the rock bottom, but I'm not happy. Gaming, binge-watching are sure entertaining and help you fill your time, but it's not exactly what I want to do with my life. So, today I decided to join this forum and uninstall all of my games. Maybe going cold turkey and joining a game quitting community would make this attempt finally be the successful one. 

Also I want to gain information about gaming addiction. For me , It's quite an issue, yet I don't think people talk about it in my home country. 

Hey Noor! Great you're here and good luck with quitting!

I discovered a short meditation (e.g., Headspace/Calm) is a way better stress reliever for me. And substituting gaming with healthy activities, as Cam suggests.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Krugers said:

Hey Noor! Great you're here and good luck with quitting!

I discovered a short meditation (e.g., Headspace/Calm) is a way better stress reliever for me. And substituting gaming with healthy activities, as Cam suggests.

Thanks ! @Krugers
Just heard about the app, definitely going to give it a shot. And yeah,  I'm planning to pick a sport and try to stick with it. Definitely much healthier !