NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

XBox One just restarted and started up again angry anxious need help

Danforient

Hi,

I am trying to quit gaming as it causes me nothing but stress , anxiety and anger.

I lose my temper when things go wrong with my console, an Xbox One S and it causes stress and anxiety to my family.

I am prone to swearing loudly, punching walls and hitting myself in rages.

My Xbox One S console just randomly reset and turned off and then back on again whilst in the middle of a game of FIFA 20. It is gone midnight here in the UK so I cannot lose my temper but I feel angry anxious and stressed. I fear it may start doing this repeatedly and I will lose another Xbox. I had the standard version Xbox back in 2017 which I had from 2015 and in 17 it broke down completely with a black screen every time I turned it on. 

If this Xbox One S breaks down I will be angry, stressed and anxious and I am afraid I will explode with rage and cause my family stress and anxiety. How can I get through this? How can I keep calm? I want to quit gaming as it makes me ill and does not give me the fun and pleasure it did when I was a teenager.

Help please???

Edited by Danforient

It is time for you to turn everything off and have some water and get some rest. I am day 9 and I believe the key to not gaming is Being right now in this moment and doing what needs to be done in this moment. I also need to turn off my phone and clean up my space and myself for this day. Water, exercise, breathe. Good luck and large hug.

👍❤️

Anger is a tricky emotion, it can sometimes stem from fear, sadness, or something else. Recognize the emotions, sit with them and find out more about them. The feeling you have when your game was interrupted unexpectedly, it is a real feeling and also an omen. You are in control, how do you let yourself feel so strongly about it?

What do you gain from a game of FIFA 2020 versus what do you gain from doing something else?

13 hours ago, jakeyb540 said:

Anger is a tricky emotion, it can sometimes stem from fear, sadness, or something else. Recognize the emotions, sit with them and find out more about them. The feeling you have when your game was interrupted unexpectedly, it is a real feeling and also an omen. You are in control, how do you let yourself feel so strongly about it?

What do you gain from a game of FIFA 2020 versus what do you gain from doing something else?

I gain largely little from playing FIFA. 

It is true what you say.

Quit playing is my recommendation. I didn't play fifa, but I played the nhl games. I was the best player in the world from nhl 12 to nhl 15. I got nothing from it. I've achieved so much in life after quitting and I still see the same people online from time to time wasting their lives and dealing with fake drama and anger while ruining their sleep schedules. 

Read my post in the celebration forum about quitting for 500 days and see if you can relate. 

Edited by BooksandTrees