NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Starting over again

Reza

Hello game quitters . my name is Reza . 5 months ago i joined here and quit video games for a while . it was amazing . i don't want to bring any excuse and i admit i ruined it myself first by deleting my account here . this forum is actually really helpful . two month ago i started to reading books after reading 4 books now i am reading 7 habits of highly effected people . this book really changed me . people say that i am not the same person that i was two weeks ago and they see huge positive changes . still with all of that i believe video games and social media is pushing me back to old me witch was not good at all. so i decided to delete all of them . today i deleted telegram , instagram , all G-mails and every account i had and created a gmail only for this  and for  the big one , league of legends i am getting help from here . not only quitting games but also replacing it with useful stuff witch will actually help me . now it's 3 am at night i played 3 games of league of legends . i know myself , moderation will not work so i go cold turkey and delete all of it . here will be only community i am active because this actually helps a lot. i appreciate any advice  . thank you for reading :)

• Like 3

Hey Reza! Great to have you back on the forum. It sounds like you are really getting a lot of value from your life more recently which is awesome to hear! Congratulations! I myself have binged league of legends too many times and the only way I stopped playing games was purging my account from their servers and losing all my program. Yet I still have made 3 accounts, but each time it is easier. I still struggle with the notion of moderation as my brain has yet to fully rewire and restart so my addicted brain tells me I can play video games a little bit. Then during moments of low willpower I cave and binge for awhile. You have taken very serious steps by deleting everything and you have taken steps further than I have been able to. I still have my social media etc

• Like 1

@Quitter hey ! thanks for the reply .

i believe this time i am more experienced than last time so i kinda know better what to do 😄 ( the point of fails is we learn something at least)

so far I've known from videos and stuff gaming gives you feelings and when you want to quit you must find new things , new values and goals to replace them . for me personally i was just scrolling down into a website and i found myself in book categories and i said you know , why not and i ordered 4 books and then 5 more books . the books gave me new values , new attitude . i feel fresh when i read books . also not even pdf stuff , only paper a real book . and it's not just the matter of gaming , the whole social media too . social media like instagram didn't used to be THAT harmful like this days . dangerous people and bad habits get bigger and bigger every second  , the fake life styles and efc witch im sure you know all of that . so with all of that i deleted them too , life is just better without them , so much better 🙂

• Like 1

I also find that there is no comparing real books to screens! Its way easier for me to read and its a better experience. 😁 Yup failures can give us insight! You've given me inspiration to try a social media detox to see some benefits! I am also trying to get into more hobbies. I'm getting more into hiking and cycling and once things tone down I'll be trying to get together with some new groups that partake in those activities!

• Like 1

@Reza Welcome back. I struggled with league too. The best and one of the most painful decisions that I have made was to delete my account permanently. It meant that I was burying a considerable part of myself. But without it, the whole me would be slowly suffocated by gaming. For some people, moderation might work, but I have failed that way too many times to learn. Well, if we do something for several hours a day, the habit is so strongly engraved in our brain that it is easier to avoid it altogether. Reading is a great habit! Good job on deleting social media too. Keep up the good work 🙂

• Like 1