NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journey to Recovery

amchow

11/26/2020

Well, it's Thanksgiving and my parents are here. I am glad they are here. At least this time, they do not have to worry about me gaming as I am not doing that anymore. 

I am glad to be able to relax and enjoy a four day weekend and not have to think about work at all. 

Plus, I get to sleep in and catch up on sleep. 

Well, now I await the Chinese Roasted Pork and Chicken Rice that my mom is making for me for a very Chinese Thanksgiving meal. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. 

• Like 1

11/29/2020

It's been a good few days so far with my parents being here. 

I have been super spoiled with good food these past few days. Quite sure I've gained some weight but it is a worthy price to pay for good food. 

Now, I am just dreading work tomorrow as I have to deal with the usual nitpicky colleague of mine (if I can even call him that with the amount of picking he does). 

I just need to keep reminding myself that the best thing to do is let him nitpick and let the boss kick his butt over it. I have no power to do that. 

Just need to be patient and hold my temper in check. 

• Like 1

12/3/2020

Haven't written for several days as I kept my computer usage as minimal as possible since my mom is here. 

Have been spoiled with good food all week and I am very content with the time I have had so far. 

Treasuring all the time I have with her, watching movies and TV together. 

At the same time, also dealing with my need for independence and space while at it. 

Until next time, folks. 

12/7/2020

These past few days have been both good and a bit hard. 

My mom has breast cancer and is undergoing treatment that is painful both in the physical and emotional sense as it blocks the body's production of certain hormones. This causes bodily aches and pains as well as low emotional states. 

I've mainly been there for my mom, supporting her and trying to cheer her up as much as I can. 

I'm trying to enjoy my time and see this through. 

Until next time, folks. 

2 hours ago, amchow said:

My mom has breast cancer and is undergoing treatment that is painful both in the physical and emotional sense as it blocks the body's production of certain hormones. This causes bodily aches and pains as well as low emotional states. 

I am so sorry amchow. This is an awful thing, i hope the treatment helps, despite it blocking certain hormone production. 

I'm glad you're being there for her as support is crucial in these moments. I listened to an interview of a cancer survivor and I learned so much more than i had. The thing that came up most was support. Despite that I'm glad you're chugging along

I send my prayers to your mom and my best wishes to you

Jason

• Like 1

12/11/2020

These past few days have been very busy as it appears that having company presents something different every day.

For the most part, my food has been super good and my mom has been spoiling me with her excellent cooking skills to the point where I am often worried I may have gained weight. XD However, I know my weight will go back down once I return to my original food menu.

Other than that, nothing much else to report.

Until next time.

12/12/2020

Today was a good day. Had a good time with my mom + good food + good small group meeting that included a small baby smiling at me while I spoke with her mom + in general good social time.

I also am writing now to present to you all the Old Fishing Store LEGO model that took a LONG time to make but it was all worth it in the end.

See attached pic for the render.

Onto the next model. :D

Old Fishing Store.jpg

• Like 1

12/14/2020

Last week and a half of work before Christmas break. I can do this. 

Looking forward to a week and a half off from work to spend with my parents. It will be good in spite of all the Covid craziness. 

Aside from work, currently working on a model for the Disney Pixar character WALL-E. Will be a work in progress for a while. 

Will post when done. 

Until next time. :D

12/19/2020

Didn't write much these past 5 days due to being busy with work and spending time with my mom before my dad returns on Monday. 

Am really looking forward to Christmas break. 

Aside from what I've mentioned, everything else has been well. Safe to say, I've been incredibly spoiled by my mom's cooking and have certainly gained a few pounds from the Indian and Chinese food she has been cooking for me. I'm going to miss that when she and my dad leave on the 1st of January. 

Staying safe for the most part and keeping warm in this winter weather. 

Until next time, folks. 

12/25/2020

Haven't written for a while. Same reason. My parents are here and I've been keeping a lot of my attention on them. 

Here's the update: 

Quite positive that I gained weight over the past month or so. Been incredibly spoiled with food and some simple gifts for Christmas today. 

Food mainly consisted of fried chicken, potato casserole and some fried wontons for the Christmas meal. Was quite full and am heavily satisfied. Going to have leftovers tomorrow while my parents go shopping during post Christmas sales. 

Looking forward to having some time to myself. 

Until next time, peeps.

• 2 weeks later...

1/3/2021

Well, it was quite a good time with my parents. 

However, I am really missing them right now. Having the additional company and all the good food made me feel really good. Now that they are not here again, I have to deal with no company for a while again. 😔

I'll deal. It just feels hard is all.

Will just keep plowing on. 

1/9/2021

Not been writing much since there hasn't been much that happens when I live by myself. 

All I can really say aside from what I usually think about how things are now is "Midwest winters suck...." 

Mainly because of the below freezing temps up north and the snow and ice accumulation on my car. Couldn't go to a small group meeting tonight due to being too comfy inside to the point where I forgot I am in the middle of winter and that it takes much longer than 5 minutes to get several days of ice and snow off my car. 

Going to have to deal with that during the day tomorrow. 

Well, aside from that, there isn't much else to report. 

Stay safe all and stay comfy. 

Till next time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1/22/2021

Crap.... it's been nearly two weeks since I last wrote. 

I got so caught up in the news and world happenings + general busyness at work that i neglected to write for a long while. 

Apologies everyone. 

Anyway, work and keeping up with world happenings has been my focus. Miss my parents still and I am just going through the usual stuff with work. 

I am looking forward to a small group meeting this Saturday and I look forward to when the company I work for starts letting people return to the office at some point. From the update I got today, it sounds like a potential plan is in the works but I don't have any details yet. I'll see what happens. 

In the meantime, I am enjoying being in my comfy and warm apartment and keeping my time out in freezing temps to a minimum. 

Before I finish this entry, here's a LEGO model I finished some time ago of a character you may all be familiar with:

WALL-E.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

1/31/2021

Wow, it's the end of January 2021 already. Time is flying by fast. 

Well, in spite of time going by fast, the days are more or less the same. Maybe it's because its winter and I am inside most of the time due to Northern winters keeping everyone inside. Oh, well. Looking forward to the warmer weather. 

Aside from work, I've found myself more interested in staying informed and keeping up with the news in past year. In all honesty, when I was still gaming, I never imagined sitting down and listening to talks and podcasts would become a thing. But sure enough it has. And I am enjoying hearing different opinions and views on things. 

Meanwhile, I listen to Kpop, learn Korean, and am reading a rather thick book that contains the main Lord of the Rings Trilogy + the appendices. No matter how many times I have read the Trilogy, it never gets old. 

Until next time, folks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2/11/2021

Well, it's been WAY too long since my last post. Mainly due to having a ton of work to do with work and having to stay up later than usual to get work done. 

Although I am not getting paid for it, it feels good and a whole lot fulfilling working late instead of playing games late. After all, I did get a good comment from the boss when he noticed me working late during a time he was doing the same. :) 

The project I am on seems to not be ending as the project engineer seems to have no idea what project scope he wishes to go with (if he even has one to begin with). Plus, he knows management is pissed at him for the delays and has been doing a lot of ass covering and blame deflection as of late. 

However, it feels satisfying watching him squirm after he unprofessionally dragged me through the mud several months back. 

Anyway, it's late and I must be off to bed. 

Looking forward to the weekend and another Blue Bloods Friday. 

Until next time, folks. 

• 2 weeks later...

2/24/2021

Not been writing much lately as there hasn't been much to report. At least until last weekend. 

It had been a while since i had any in person contact as cell group was postponed for a while. Went to cell group, ate some REALLY good pasta, had good social time and had a good Bible study. In fact, I had no in person contact for so long, my brain took a bit to adjust to being in a social environment again. Guess that is one of the things about being an introvert. Takes a bit to adjust to social situations after being away for so long. 

Another thing... I also started attending church in person again. I went to a church closer to my apartment complex that is just a 5 minute drive away rather than a 15 to 20 minute drive. It felt good and I came home feeling mentally and emotionally refreshed. 

Plus, at the moment, I am working on a different project at work while the one I was working on previously is in the release process. It feels good and refreshing to be doing easier things for a while. Just need to not be so timid about technical detailing after my experience on the previous project. 

Overall, a lot of good things happening in one weekend compared to the two weeks that came before it. 

Until next time, everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

3/5/2021

Well, time is going by fast. It's already March and thus 1 month before my birthday has arrived.

Am 100000% looking forward to it as my parents have informed me that they intend to travel up to where I am for my birthday. I look forward to their company and even more good food.

Meanwhile, I am starting to settle down at the new church I started attending and again, it feels good to be around people in person again. I really needed it.

That's all there is to report for now.

Until next time, peeps.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, amchow said:

Am 100000% looking forward to it as my parents have informed me that they intend to travel up to where I am for my birthday. I look forward to their company and even more good food

That's good that your parents are coming up for your birthday. That will be nice to see them again. Especially, during a time where we have to be away from others as much as possible. The disconnection can weigh on you. So I am glad you are seeing people and that you will see family again!

• Like 1

3/13/2021

Thank God. Last week was over. It was just one of those really tiring weeks. 

I lay in bed for a long while and just rested... and it felt really good. 

Got up, did my weekly chores and listened to news. Listen to music afterwards. 

In general, i just relaxed. Nothing else one should do on a weekend after doing chores aside from that. 

Parents are doing well and everything seems to be at a bit of lull, but I am okay with that. 😄 

Until next time, folks. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

3/22/2021

Decided I will at least try to post and check in every seven days or so as only so much happens in a day whereas quite a bit happens in a week. 

Things are picking back up for me in terms of the in person interaction sphere. 

Aside from church, I am getting connected in small groups at the church I started attending about a month ago now currently I have at least one in person gathering a week from how things are shaping up. I am quite glad as I was craving in person interaction prior to that. 

Plus, my birthday is in 2 weeks and I am looking forward to my parents being here for that + I get to enjoy my mom's cooking yet again. :D

In summary, I am happy. Also I have a job interview for a direct hire position at the company I am working at. Hopefully I will get it but I have no idea what the outcome will be. At least this time, if I don't get it, I have my current job to fall back on. 

That is all for now. Until next time, folks. 

• Like 1

3/30/2021

Well, after a week of waiting, I finally get the news from HR. 

I got the job, folks. 

In two weeks I will be working as a direct hire employee! 

It feels good, better pay and more growth opportunities. 

However, all things have their obstacles. I will now have higher expectations and more than likely more stress. 

But I love what I do for a living and I love the company I work for so I am driven to meet those expectations and do well as a Design Engineer. 

Until that begins I keep doing well where I am at. 

Until next time. 

• Like 1