NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journey to Recovery

amchow

10/2/2020 - Day 125

Today was that Friday I wanted to have overwith since I was feeling a tad weary. 

Well, now work is done for the day and I am here writing early as I said I would. Things are more steady at work and I am doing my best (with a tad bit of "Am I doing this right?" uncertainty). Need to talk to a colleague and get feedback prior to submitting for review. 

As per my usual activities, will be doing my dailies and then settling down after exercising to watch Blue Bloods for the rest of the night. 

• Like 2

10/4/2020 - Day 127

Today and yesterday were both good days and in general very relaxed. I did chores here and there, watched Blue Bloods and listened to Kpop throughout the day. 

I also did some more simple cooking with plain Texas Toast, bacon and cheese. Toasted the bread and put cooked bacon and un melted cheese on top to make some Bacon and Cheese toast and enjoyed it for lunch on both days (with hashbrown as a side on Saturday only). Feels good cooking my own meals and when they come out tasting great, it feels even better. 

Watching one more episode of Blue Bloods to end the day before another week of work. 

• Like 1

10/5/2020 - Day 128

Today was a good day at work. In fact, there was a second incident with that one co worker of mine nitpicking on group IM and dragging me through the mud again. 

This time, I had come to anticipate it and it didn't affect me as much as before. Thankfully, my colleague who is in this project with me came to my defense and even got some hostility from this mean spirited co worker so I knew I wasn't alone in this. I was more so frustrated that the guy didn't let up and made two more attempts to drag me through the mud before finally stopping after failing both times. As far as I am concerned, I'll let him dig his own grave and I'll continue working and learning. 

Otherwise, I had a good rest of the day and I am just relaxing and listening to Kpop. 

10/8/2020 - Day 129

The days after Monday were a lot more uneventful than Monday with the exception of an office wide network outage for about half an hour today. 

In all honesty, I was okay with it as it gave me an extended lunchbreak. ;) Things came back up and I continued working until the end of the day. 

These past couple days, the routine has been roughly the same so I had nothing of significance to report on aside from the normal workday and evening routine. 

As in the past, I am daydreaming about the days when this Covid craziness is over and we can all go back to being social again. 

10/10/2020 - Day 131

Saturday feels good. In general, the weekend always feels rather good. 

Did my usual real life dailies..... 'usual'. Staying at home for the whole day. One of those times where I start wishing for restrictions to lift and for social stuff to be able to happen again.

*sigh*.... Feeling tired and my emotions like to mess around when I'm tired. 

Anyway, wanted to check in before the day actually ended for me and to show off this seemingly simple yet a tad complex model I had mentioned sometime back. 

Till next time, all. 

Apple Tree House V1.jpg

10/12/2020 - Day 133

Today was a pretty peaceful day with work. Nothing happened that was of significance (which I guess is a good thing). 

Did my usual real life dailies and finished up season 7 of Blue Bloods. Now i have to wait for the next three Season dvds I requested from my library to arrive and then I can keep watching through Season 9 and watch the BTS material for Season 10. 

Will be patient (despite it not being my strong suit). 

Meanwhile, I will enjoy what is left of this somewhat wonky warm and pleasant weather in the middle of fall before winter comes in a little over a month. 

Till next time. :D 

• Like 1

10/15/2020 - Day 136

Days are turning out more or less the same. Though that can be explained away and excused given the current circumstances with Covid and all. 

Have been really hankering for more social contact (and very much regretting not doing more of it pre Covid). Gives me something to look forward to once all the craziness comes to an end. 

The Blue Bloods DVDs finally came in yesterday and I started watching. Though then the thought of "What about after I finish the series?" comes into play. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

I also started on my next LEGO model this past weekend (Old Fishing Store from the LEGO Ideas set collection). Going at it slowly as it is a complex model in spite of it being a building and one missed step or brick in a step can mess up a lot further down the line. 

Until next time, nothing new to report. 

10/17/2020 - Day 138

I'm writing now as I am going to be busy with social stuff and cooking for the rest of the day. 

Finally, today is a day with lots of interaction. Zoom call with my women's small group and then an in person meetup in the evening with another group. 

I am satisfied. It'll refresh me lots and I'll feel better after the fact. I'm super looking forward to that plus the bowl of wonton noodle soup I'll be making for lunch shortly. 

Until next time, folks. 

10/20/2020 - Day 141

It's another one of those times that you have enough going on in life that I forgot to write again. Apologies again for that. 

Yesterday was a normal start to the week. Last Sunday felt good after having two social events that day. One was a Zoom call with the other being in person. I particularly loved the in person meeting as one of the children of my small group leaders gave me a picture she colored and I was rather touched by that. :)

Ate some good snacks and meatballs while I was there and did some catching up with friends. Then I came home and got a good night's sleep. 

Speaking of sleep, feeling like getting lots of sleep today as I am feeling rather tired. Today felt like a long day. 

Until next time, folks. :D 

10/22/2020 - Day 143

Today was another usual day at work as was yesterday aside from the Town Hall meetings that the company I work for held. 

Currently, I am eager to return to the office. However, all talk of that from management has stopped completely and I am quite certain this will continue for another few months at least. 

In the meantime, I do have something positive to look forward to. My parents are arriving in my town just a day or two before Thanksgiving. :D My mom is staying with me for a couple months. 

Thus I get to be spoiled by her skills as god tier level chef for that whole time and I am already daydreaming of Chinese roast pork and the varieties of butter chicken and Indian curries that my mom is planning on cooking. (*drools as the thought passes through the mind*) 

Oh, if only end of November would come already. I want my roast pork. T.T 

Gotta be patient until then. :) 

Until next time, folks. 

10/24/2020 - Day 145

Today is another usual Saturday. As it is my designed day of rest, I intend to spend it doing just that after what felt like a long week at work. 

Nothing much is going on this weekend. Hoping there will be small group again next weekend. 

Plus, I can't believe November is just around the corner. The past few months have felt like they didn't really exist due to it passing so fast. 

Oh well. Such is the nature of time. 

Until next time, folks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, amchow said:

10/24/2020 - Day 145

Today is another usual Saturday. As it is my designed day of rest, I intend to spend it doing just that after what felt like a long week at work. 

Nothing much is going on this weekend. Hoping there will be small group again next weekend. 

Plus, I can't believe November is just around the corner. The past few months have felt like they didn't really exist due to it passing so fast. 

Oh well. Such is the nature of time. 

Until next time, folks. 

I agree with how fast the months have gone. I feel like I was so dialed in during my exam that I just worked, studied, journaled, and went to bed. I'm trying to slow down now. Do you think you'd benefit from a slower pace to things or do you feel that it's just something you've noticed with how fast this year has been?

@BooksandTrees

It's just something I noticed and it's especially surprising when Covid restrictions had all of us locked up indoors on a daily basis for a good part of those months. 

Restrictions in my area are loose enough thankfully that we are all able to at least go out to run errands or meet in small groups so it's not super suffocating fortunately. 

• Like 1

10/27/2020

Just going to start putting the date I write from now on. Things have gotten so normal that I've lost count of the days. 

Today was a good day. Started a new set of tasks after finishing another set of tasks for work yesterday. Every time I finish a big set of items, it feels really good. 

November is approaching and the weather has gotten colder. Continued my daily routine of going out for a walk after work even when it's chilly. Tbh, I prefer colder weather. Hot weather is uncomfortable to walk in. 

Continuing to drool as I look forward to enjoying my mom's cooking for a couple months. 

• Like 1

10/30/2020

It's another one of those times i thought I sent an entry and then later realized I didn't. 

Today felt extremely productive. Maybe because it's Friday? I don't know really. What matters is that I ended the workday feeling good. 

Got a small group meeting tonight and I look forward to relaxing all day tomorrow. 

Until next time, folks. 

• Like 1

11/2/2020

Wow.... November has arrived. 

Time is passing fast.... and tomorrow is Election Day in the US. Already stocked up and prepped in case chaos decides to come here to my town and I am unable to go outside for safety reasons. 

However, I am not fond of the thought and neither do I want such a thing to occur. 

I hope things die down quickly should this happen. 

Hopefully, the chaos stays in the big cities and smaller towns are left alone. 

Till next time, peeps. 

11/4/2020

Today was a good and productive day. Got done with a lot on a technical drawing for work. Just need to fine tune and submit for review. 

It feels good when I get a lot done in a day. 

Despite that, I am now feeling frustrated. Currently, lots of blatant cheating going on with the US election. However, there is not much I can do about it. 

Just gotta keep living my life and let the appropriate people take care of things. 

Until next time, folks. 

11/8/2020

Didn't write for a while due to nothing new to report. 

Things are still going the usual way aside from the fact that I will be signing up for individual insurance coverage for myself this month. It really feels like you are taking another step towards being a true adult when you have to get off your dad's family coverage due to an age restriction. 

It's a good thing to me though. It's another cost to concern myself with and it gives me another reason to be financially responsible. 

In fact, having more costs to concern myself with really stresses the value of money and not being reckless with spending. More reasons to be responsible. 😄

Two more weeks until my mom comes and I get two enjoy a little over a month of Chinese and Indian food. 😍

11/10/2020

Today was another same old day with work. Working on system drawings and detailing in general. 

Learned a day ago that Blue Bloods Season 11 will be premiering on December 4th. Looking forward to it. I am just hoping they will not include Covid and all the rioting topics in it. We all don't need to be reminded of that as I am certain we will all not forget about these past several months. 

I am hoping things will calm down with everything going on. Not sure when it will happen though. 

Till next time, folks. 😄 

11/13/2020

Days are going by fast. It's again surprising considering I am at home 95% of the time. 

Yesterday, I had a chance to go out. Had a dentist appointment and spent the rest of the evening doing some more stock up errands before coming home to rest and go to bed. 

Glad today is Friday and I look forward to a small group meeting tomorrow. 

• Like 1

11/15/2020

Had a good small group meeting yesterday. It always feels good meeting with people in person. 

The bible study was good and I got to have a fun experience helping keep an eye on a couple of the <2 year old kids who were quite a handful. XD Hard to imagine that I saw them as < 1 year old babies in baby car seats quietly entertaining themselves just a few months ago. Now, they are scurrying everywhere, getting into things they shouldn't, you know. Normal 1 year old antics. 

In spite of the antics, I love them a lot and I look forward to future years when they are older and I get to "torture" them with stories from when they were babies. XD 

While it is fun helping take care of them, the thought of having my own kids after I get married is a scary thought (at least for me that is). 

One step at a time....

Until next time, folks. 

11/18/2020

Not a lot to report aside from the fact that my state is in a low level lockdown status again. I am grateful I can still go outside and take a walk and get groceries when I need to. 

I am so looking forward to seeing my parents next week + all the food that will come in the weeks to come. 

At least the weeks will be a bit more varied with my mom staying on for a few weeks. 

Until next time, peeps. 

11/22/2020

I apologize for my absence since the 18th. Been extremely busy working on something urgent for work over the course of this weekend. 

In all honesty, I am quite okay doing this. It is better than being lazy doing next to nothing after doing real life dailies. 

Parents are coming in a few days so I am looking forward to that. 

Also have had quite a time considering mistakes made as of late and I have spent time doing personal introspection on myself. 

Found that I need to start appreciating my parents' investment in me more and I need to be more conscious of my spending on food and not getting stuff I don't need. 

In essence, I've got more growing up to do alongside what has already been started. 

Till next time, folks. 

11/24/2020

Finally, the time is just around the corner. My parents are traveling to spend time with me for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to it as I have been longing for more company and just more time with family in general. 

I worked hard these past few days, even staying up to as late as close to midnight to get things done. 

It was all worth it in the long run as I got enough done to the point where I could relax and leave the remainder till tomorrow. I also managed to negotiate getting the deadline shifted until tomorrow and later received word from the project engineer that the project will finally be going into the release process after I finish these markups.

I am quite relieved at that news as this project was something I originally thought I couldn't do due to it being high difficulty and often times the feelings of anxiety and frequent thoughts of "Is this the job for me?" wore me down. But I learned so much about my line of work and all the processes involved in detailing that I would have not learned if I was doing something easier and in my comfort zone. 

In summary, it feels like an accomplishment for someone who has only been in the design world for 5 months. 

However, I have not peaked and will never peak. Being in an engineering job is a journey that won't end until I retire and I know I will continue to learn new things as I continue on through my career and gain more experience. 

I'll continue to write even when my parents are here.

Till next time and...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in advance! 😄