NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journey to Recovery

amchow

8/30/2020 - Day 93

Today was a half lazy, half busy day. 

I lazed around half the time, stocked up my food and did chores in the other half. 

Did my dailies and did a simpler model than the rocket. 

Made a LEGO Brickheadz model of Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Ursula will be up and coming: 

Ariel.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amchow said:

8/30/2020 - Day 93

Today was a half lazy, half busy day. 

I lazed around half the time, stocked up my food and did chores in the other half. 

Did my dailies and did a simpler model than the rocket. 

Made a LEGO Brickheadz model of Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Ursula will be up and coming: 

Ariel.jpg

Looks almost like those pop figures!

8/31/2020 - Day 94

Well, here's to the start of another work week. At least I have a 3 day weekend awaiting me after this week. 

I pray that it doesn't go too fast (though it typically turns out to be the opposite effect). I'll still look forward to it though. 

Did my dailies and watched Blue Bloods again. 

Will be finishing off Season 2 tomorrow. 

Looking forward to it! 😁

9/2/2020 - Day 95

Had another busy day at work that felt very productive. Plus I learned how to route hoses in the 3D modeling software used at work so I felt good that I have another area of usefulness and can do more than just adding, removing or replacing parts. 

Did not write yesterday as there wasn't much to report aside from the usual. Still making sure to check in though. Writing sooner today than later as I will be busying myself with Blue Bloods Season 3 for the rest of the evening. 

Still doing dailies and my usual day to day items. Not currently working on models to take a break from the rather large rocket I only finished this past weekend that was time consuming. 

Until next time. Stay safe and keep an eye on your emotional wellness. 

• Like 1

9/3/2020 - Day 96

Hello, all. Got done with another long work day. 10 hours long this time. But I am pleased with my work today. Got done with a number of high priority items (and got them out the door promptly) and stayed in work a little longer to get stuff prepped for another large task tomorrow. 

Feels good to be working hard. 😄

Writing now as I will again be preoccupied with Blue Bloods for the rest of the night.

Will more than likely be resuming my LEGO models over the 3 day weekend. 

Looking forward to Friday going by and HELLO 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!! 😁😁😁

9/5/2020 - Day 98

Today was the start of a three day weekend.

Similar to Friday evening, spent most of the day watching Blue Bloods and air fried shredded hashbrown to have breakfast for lunch along with some pre cooked bacon. 

Aside from that, nothing special happened. 

Continuing to enjoy my weekend as per usual. 

9/6/2020 - Day 99 

Today was another lazy day with the exception of doing some easy chores and then making a potato casserole for lunch. 

In all honesty, I made too much, ate all of it and suffered from a mild stomach ache afterward while lying on the couch watching Blue Bloods like a genuine couch potato.

However, it is a 3 day weekend so there is a justifiable cause for it after a long week at work last week. 

Did my usual dailies, made lunch and then finished Blue Bloods Season 3. Intending to start on Season 4 tonight. 

And with that, I end this entry. Will be continuing with my LEGO models after finishing up Season 4. 

• Like 1

9/8/2020 - Day 101

Today felt like a Monday due to it being the first day back at work after a 3 day weekend. Felt hard after resting and being lazy in general for 3 days straight. 

Thankfully, I got through and am glad I got through another day of work. 

Did my dailies this morning and will be busying myself with Blue Bloods again tonight as per usual (or until I finish the series through Season 9). 

For the time being, nothing much to report at the moment aside from work and my usual activities. 

9/10/2020 - Day 103

Today was productive vs yesterday's stressful. Got the heat turned up on some work stuff and I got overwhelmed and overstressed and went to bed in a bit of a bad state. 

Thankfully, lots of things got cleared up today and I feel really relieved now that some of the pressure's off. 

Did my dailies and am going to again busy myself with Blue Bloods tonight before going into Friday. 

To another day at work tomorrow. 

9/11/2020 - Day 104

Today was such a turbulent day. Dealing with a hard project (or at least seems hard) and I was feeling demoralized and oversaturated. Somehow, I got through and got a good amount done. 

Did my dailies just now and I am going to busy myself with Blue Bloods again for the rest of the day and all of tomorrow while thinking of making some taquitos and chicken ranch tacos tomorrow for lunch. 

Signing off for now. 

9/12/2020 - Day 105

Today was a much more relaxed day after being able to calm myself down the night before, get a good night's sleep and disconnect from work completely. 

Or maybe not. My thoughts have strayed to work stuff from time to time. But that seems to me as being better than how I was before. 

As for what I did today, did my usual dailies and finished Season 4 of Blue Bloods. It's a perfect time for resuming LEGO models while I wait to for the four DVDs to be checked back into the library system and get the next 3 seasons.  

Speaking of LEGO models, here's the Brickhead for Ursula. Also from the Little Mermaid. I apologize if the eyes look weird or a tad unnerving. I don't have the proper decal images to apply to the part. 

More models to come. Changing things up and working on a building from the LEGO Creator series. 

Until next time. 😄 

Ursula.jpg

9/14/2020 - Day 107

Yesterday was a somewhat busy day with me putting in some extra time to get some work done that was weighing on my mind as well as the usual chores. After that, I again patiently waited for Blue Bloods Season 5 to be ready for pickup at my local library. 

It turns out that after another day of hard work on the project today, I was rewarded with more DVDs to watch Blue Bloods. I spent the evening running a couple errands, then doing dailies and watched a couple episodes of Blue Bloods which I am enjoying very much. 

Onto another day of work tomorrow.

As for LEGO models, switched to LEGO Creator with V1 of a House with an Apple Tree just outside it. Will post it once I finish it. 🙂

Edited by amchow

9/16/2020 - Day 109

Today was a busy day at work. Finally got a satisfactory amount done in spite of my own insecurities about my current lack of experience and knowledge about the trucks I am working on. Even though right now I am a noob, I know that given time and experience (once this craziness with COVID is over) I will be a lot more sure of myself. Until then, I have to contend with that. 

In the meantime, I attended to my usual real life dailies and watched Blue Bloods like I always do. Plus, I continued to read my Bible and some pre trilogy LOTR lore from the Book of Lost Tales Vol 1. Being the LOTR fan that I am, I am personally interested in pre trilogy lore + all other manner of writings from Tolkien. 

As for the LEGO model, did not get much time on it today. Will work on it at my own leisure. 

Until the next update. One step closer to the weekend. :)

9/17/2020 - Day 110

Today was another busy day. I was working on the same project and got a lot done. However, some last minute stuff came up long after the day was done that I will need to tend to tomorrow before end of business. At least I have most of my part done and this change I need to make is not huge. 

Did my dailies this morning and worked throughout most of the day. Did not finish until 6 PM to finish the changes. Thus, everything happened later today. 

I am looking forward to things being done tomorrow and getting to the weekend. 

Happy Friday in advance. 

9/19/2020 - Day 112

Today was a semi relaxed day as it was intended. Had a relaxing morning followed by a late afternoon filled with errands (which included a flu shot and getting my hair trimmed) and then using a $5 off coupon I got from the flu shot to get a couple bags of my favorite snack (known an Funyums).

Did my dailies in the earlier part of the morning and did more laundry chores later in the day. 

Finished it off with watching Blue Bloods Season 5 for the rest of the evening while occasionally dealing with the soreness from my flu shot. 

Ultimately, everything felt good today and I look forward to more good days. 

9/21/2020 - Day 114

I would have written yesterday evening if it hadn't been for an internet outage that happened during the afternoon. It was a tad frustrating (given my past bad experience with the management staff) but otherwise I was content with watching Blue Bloods Season 5 and watching it to completion. 

Tonight, I finished up my real life dailies after my internet finally came back on and I watched the Season 5 BTS featurettes for Blue Bloods before going into Season 6. 

I look forward to being at home tomorrow after being in the office today. 

Until next time. :D 

9/24/2020 - Day 117

I realized this after several days of dealing with a now difficult colleague. I neglected to write for more than two days and I apologize for that. 

a couple days ago, a colleague threw me under the bus during a team pulse call and I was an emotional wreck for the remainder of the day and for most of yesterday and I just didn't feel like writing. I talked to my parents and I was also comforted to find that one of my other colleagues didn't approve of what this other guy had done so I am for sure not alone. 

As for what I was doing for the past couple days, I was doing more dailies and watching Blue Bloods alongside working on the project when working. 

Just for the record, I have felt much better (although I still am a bit tense when having to interact with the guy). 

I am looking forward to Friday and the weekend. :D 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, amchow said:

9/24/2020 - Day 117

I realized this after several days of dealing with a now difficult colleague. I neglected to write for more than two days and I apologize for that. 

a couple days ago, a colleague threw me under the bus during a team pulse call and I was an emotional wreck for the remainder of the day and for most of yesterday and I just didn't feel like writing. I talked to my parents and I was also comforted to find that one of my other colleagues didn't approve of what this other guy had done so I am for sure not alone. 

As for what I was doing for the past couple days, I was doing more dailies and watching Blue Bloods alongside working on the project when working. 

Just for the record, I have felt much better (although I still am a bit tense when having to interact with the guy). 

I am looking forward to Friday and the weekend. 😄

There's always going to be people in life and work who are confrontational and it can be really emotional at first. But keep doing the right thing, getting your work done, and being a good colleague because people will notice it and things will get better.

@BooksandTrees

Thanks for the encouragement. My emotional distress mainly stemmed from the fact that I had just come from an old job where toxic stuff like that happened on a daily basis so it was kind of a downer that I had to encounter someone like that again. 

Thankfully, my parents reminded me that there's only one of him. All my other colleagues are very kind, supportive and helpful, making toxic coworkers a minority. 

Still in a continuous learning process with my new job. Lots of design and detailing standards to get familiar with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, amchow said:

@BooksandTrees

Thanks for the encouragement. My emotional distress mainly stemmed from the fact that I had just come from an old job where toxic stuff like that happened on a daily basis so it was kind of a downer that I had to encounter someone like that again. 

Thankfully, my parents reminded me that there's only one of him. All my other colleagues are very kind, supportive and helpful, making toxic coworkers a minority. 

Still in a continuous learning process with my new job. Lots of design and detailing standards to get familiar with.

I'm an engineer as well and went from a bad firm to a good firm. There was still an asshole I had to work with. I defended myself appropriately and got universal support from coworkers and management. It happens unfortunately. Just remember to build a thick skin and know how to deal with the emotions rather than feeling pain.

• Like 1

9/27/2020 - Day 120

Today was like any other Sunday. Due to having some longer cleaning tasks later in the day, I spent more time doing more exercise today in the morning while it was bright and sunny out and sweat a ton before coming back inside to clean up. 

Air fried hash brown for lunch (which is a personal favorite of mine) and had some bacon on the side. As per past times, it feels good eating a favorite dish I made myself. 

Did my usual dailies + additional activity on Duolingo with learning more Korean adjectives. Plus did some more work on the House with the Apple Tree V1 Lego model. 

Spent the rest of the day prepping myself mentally for work and getting in gear for another week of hard work. 

• Like 2

9/29/2020 - Day 122

Going to start writing much earlier as leaving things until too late tends to lead to not writing that night. Had a good start to the week and am continuing to have a good week with work. Learning new things every day and going at a slow enough pace with what I am working on so as to not miss any details or miss anything that isn't according to standard. I am grateful that my team is being very patient with me. 

Will be doing my dailies after taking a walk and then watching Blue Bloods for the rest of the night. 

9/30/20 - Day 123

I usually write every couple days, but I really felt the need to check in today. Mainly due to the fact that I had a first today. 

I went to vote in person for the first time. And I felt very much like a ......... an adult. 

I had voted before using absentee as I hadn't changed my location to the town I went to college in. But this was a whole new experience. And it felt good doing something typically associated with being a full fledged adult. :D 

As for who I voted for..... would rather not say. I'll let you all play the guessing game with that.