NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Arcane Coder's Journal

ArcaneCoder

Day 1

I watched Solar Opposites on Hulu. If you like Rick and Morty, then this series is for you. I also looked at some job descriptions for developer openings in my area and revisited freecodecamp.org. I plan to work on their curriculum during May and finish the Front End Libraries and JavaScript sections. I almost finished the JavaScript section during winter break, so I suspect this monthly goal will be very manageable.

I watched Cam Adair's video on 5 Reasons Gaming Makes You Lazy, which inspired me to research some information others may find interesting. I will not read articles and watch movies via electronics in the evening, so I develop a regular sleep pattern and habits. I plan instead to read novels before bed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5449130/ - Study finds risk factors of sleep disruption, and associates light levels to sleep regulation and daily habits. "The circadian rhythms work to synchronize sleep with the external day–night cycle, via the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) that receives direct input from nerve cells in the retina acting as brightness detectors. [...] The SCN also works with a series of clock genes [...] giving rise to daily patterns of activity."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BooksandTrees said:

Welcome to the forums. I also saw the solar opposites preview on hulu, but I didn't watch it. Is it too similar to Rick and Morty? I was worried it would be the same as how American dad reminds me of family guy. 

The two main characters have similar personalities to Rick and Morty, but the premise of the show differs. If advanced aliens are stranded on Earth and have to deal with human stuff, then we're humans in an alien ant farm. 🤔

9 hours ago, ArcaneCoder said:

The two main characters have similar personalities to Rick and Morty, but the premise of the show differs.

Hmm that's what I was afraid of. I sometimes don't enjoy when certain shows are too familiar. I might give it a shot. Mike judge was good at separating the two as was genndy tartakovsky. Thanks. 

Day 5

I watched season 3 of Rick and Morty on the AdultSwim livestream and read multiple chapters of A Clash of Kings. I didn't feel motivated to do much else. I had a bunch of disconcerting dreams last night. In one dream, I was video gaming again, and I thought I relapsed. When I awoke, I realized it was just a dream.