NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Playing with friends

Hellblazer

Hey all.

Like most of us, we have friends and play videogames but are play in moderation or don't know how does gaming affect their lives. 

If some of my friends invite me to play a game with them - but I won't play it when I'm alone( or at least try to)  should I agree?

Thank you for reading this post.

Elior.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 7:30 PM, Hellblazer said:

Hey all.

Like most of us, we have friends and play videogames but are play in moderation or don't know how does gaming affect their lives. 

If some of my friends invite me to play a game with them - but I won't play it when I'm alone( or at least try to)  should I agree?

Thank you for reading this post.

Elior.

I had to tell my friends I have a video game addiction similar to how people have alcohol addiction and need to be away from it. If a friend suggests to play it I suggest other activities altogether. If they don't understand or laugh at you just explain that you've played too much in the past, don't enjoy the feeling it gives you, and would like to do a different activity. 

Don't try to please others who don't respect you. Just make sure you explain briefly, kindly, and firmly. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You might end up needing to find new friends. I know it sucks, but it's like that with all addictions.

When I quit drugs and alcohol, a few of my friends, who were LONG term friends, had to go bye-bye completely.
Being around them, or even just talking to them over the internet was unmanageable. Their lives entirely revolved around drugs.

The people who are meant to be in your life for this phase of life, will understand and try their best to accommodate these changes.
The same people will not be in our lives forever, thus is the nature of life. Hopefully the friends you already have will be understanding though.

I do not recommend "gaming socially" to anyone here, because like "smoking socially" or "drinking socially" it is far too easy to slip back into old habits.

Edited by GrainSiloEnthusiast
  • Like 1