NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journal

RB1

Feeling pretty bummed right now. I realized it's almost been a full year since I did my first detox. I think I did my first one early July or late June... Can't remember the exact date. Anyways I think I'm in a worse place now than I was then. In fact, I definitely am. Back then, my main issue was wasting time watching gaming content rather than gaming itself. Right now it's both. I've been gaming again way too much and been watching gaming content along with it. I've eased down on the youtube/twitch, but that's probably because I've been gaming.

The quarantine isn't helping either. Makes it too easy to make excuses to game. But in the end of the day I'm the one making my own decisions, so I don't want to blame it. I'm just very low in motivation at the moment, don't have a lot of energy or the will to do much, don't know what to do with myself.

Not going to begin a detox at the moment, but I'm just hoping for some words of encouragement. Hope everyone is well.

Hey @RB1. Good to see you. Sorry to hear that you feel even worse now. due to gaming and wasting time. I know that the quarantine can be quite annoying. But it is a good thing to say that you say that you are still responsible for your decisions. You are saying that you are low in motivation to do stuff. What are you doing? How is the rest of your life going on right now? So what are you up to?

• Like 1

Hi @RB1

Hope you are doing a bit better today! Yeah, the quarantine sucks. And it kinda amps up the gaming addiction, but it is as @Alexanderle says. You are still responsible for your decisions. Also, I hope you change your mind! Why not just start a detox today? Starting is in my opinion always the hardest part! And you've already posted here, and that's a very good start! Anways, hope you are doing well, and I believe you can achieve your goals even if it does take a bit of time 🙂

Best regards!

• Like 1

Welcome RB1, what sort of improvements do you want to see in yourself in one year’s time. Can you list them by category: communication skills, physical fitness, professional and academic goals? Can you identify your strengths as a personality and where you wish to work?

• Like 1

So I made that post then immediately went back to binge playing gaming and partaking in other unhealthy habits. Had no energy to do anything till yesterday, but I'm all of a sudden feeling pretty good. I haven't done a detox in a long time, but I know I can do one right now.

This detox is only going to be a week, but that's all I feel I can commit to at the moment, and I know what happens to me when I overcommit... I just get mad at myself for relapsing and end up in a worse rut than where I began with. Anyways, I'm gonna do a 1 week detox so up till noon on May 10th.

Thank you to the people who replied to my initial post. Hope all yall are doin well.

I plan to write a post every day. Lets see how I'm doing after 1 week of no gaming or watching gaming content on twitch, youtube, etc.

• Like 1