NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My journal on quitting game

Wali Thmr

Hello community, 

My first journal on this link - - > https://forum.gamequitters.com/index.php?/topic/8651-my-first-day-journey-on-quitting-game/ do check on 😁

So today is my 2nd day without gaming. As for today I haven't delete my game and now I go to my brother place which I can access wifi, then I download a lots of movies and anime to change my hobbies from gaming to watch a movies. All of a sudden, I feel that I want to complete my others games download file on my mobile phone (beside Mobile Legends I play through my phone) then I thought that it isn't a good idea, so I stop the download. 

I really want to quit from gaming and right now I only able to delete some of games that I rarely play. As for online game, it hard for me to delete all of that games especially Mobile Legends.

At this journey, I still have a doubt should I only just play my game for an hour on each day? Or twice a week? Or it is a good idea for me to just play a game for 1 time in a week? I seek for an support from all of you. 

That's all for today, thank you for reading my journal and I'm sorry for any broken English, because I'm not an English person.

Tq 😁

Hello, 

This is my 3rd day without game. Past this three day, I try really hard not to play game by watching a movies. Although during my free time, I always thinking to my games. And another problem I face, my brothers and sister is a gamer, it just really hard for me whenever they ask me to play games together with them. I haven't delete my online games. Any suggestions how am I will overcome this problem? 

That all for today. 😁

#detox 90

3/90

Welcome Wali 

if all servers were shut down and technology to watch and play applications om screens unavailable, what sort of things would you be doing right now to feel good? 

Do you mind to write who you are and what are the skills that you have discovered in yourself so far?

Hi

I think i will just text on with my girlfriend or I will cook some burger (because right now I'm doing my own business selling a food on a burgers) and I happy from it. Or perhaps I go shopping with my family members. Or I played badminton with my brothers and friends. I think that much only sort of things I could do to make me happy.

As for the introduction, my name is Muhammad Waliuddin, just call me Wali. I'm 21 years old and I'm from Asean country. And as for the skill not much I had discovered in myself, the only skill I discovered are I'm a hard working person, I'm a open-minded person, right now I'm studying in Business School and this is my last semester and waiting for an attachment for a job in the next month.

Hello, 

This is my 4th days without games. 

Today I have done well in doing up my own business, I see improvement after I start to quit game, and I received more order burgers today, when during the time I played game, I don't have received a single order, because I busy all day long playing games and now my business is going well. Now I able to do a proper advertising on my business at social media. 

Other than that, ever since I quit the game, I didn't have a trouble with my girlfriend, which was in the past we used to be keep fighting, because I always spent more time with gaming rather than with her and now our relationship getting better. 

And thanks to @Cam Adairfor his video on this - - >

I was able to find an answer on myself on should I play lesser time in a day? Or once a week? After I watch his video. I decided I must complete 90 days detox first, then I decided should I play game in moderation or not. Thanks again Cam. 😁

That all for today, tq for reading and supporting my daily journal😊

#90Detox

4/90

• Like 3

Hello, 

Day 5

As for today, I'm able to continue my business as usual today and the rest of the day I spent on watching a movie. 

I just encountered a minor problem which is my brothers start to notice that I haven't played Mobile Legends this pass 5 day. So whenever they ask me out to play games with them I just say no, then they will argue to me because I reject them, since we are shared room so every night, usually we are playing Mobile Legends together with our group. Is there any suggestions on how should I solve this problem? I feel guilty when I say no to them, when they ask me out to play together with them. 

That all for today😁

Tq

#Detox90

5/90

43 minutes ago, Wali Thmr said:

usually we are playing Mobile Legends together with our group. Is there any suggestions on how should I solve this problem?

So here is the thing: They still see in you the gaming comerade. The person to have fun with via games. It seems that you don't like that. So tell them that this person (you, the gamer) is not existing anymore. You don't like games. You hate them. They are annoying. They are a waste of time. Well of course this also depends on your brothers' age. But I did something like that with almost everyone: My family, friends (even the non gamers) and of course my gaming friends. I would tell everyone, how my life has been deeply and negatively influenced by games and that I want to change that. Everyone understood. No one forced me to play. Of course those people are all a little bit older and were very understanding. I image that it could be harder at a younger age.

But here is the main thing: While they might see you in some way - how do you see yourself? Do you see yourself as a gamer? Why would you be sorry to not play with them, if you are not a gamer? That is your goal right? This whole thing is not about trying to just not play. This is to become a non gamer. To act like a non gamer. To behave, eat and shit like a non gamer. You get the point. xD Eventually, you are turning into a whole different person with a new identity. This is bigger than some bullshit kids game. Become, whoever you want to become. I turned into a very muscular ripped gym rat and industrious student. If I think back at my past, I laugh about this loser. 

Edited by Alexanderle
  • Like 1

You were right. I shouldn't feel sorry if I refuse to not join playing game with them. Because this is all a moment of my life, I'm changing my life to the new me. The new life I was looking for, a life that can bring many good things to myself rather than I spent with my game all day long. With the new me, I can reach my goals, acquire new skills and I can develope my brain to see a real world. Thanks man, its really help me a lot. 😊

Hello

Day 6 without games. 

As for today, it same as usual. I make more profit for today. Today in the afternoon, I join with my father and brothers cleaning up at our back house, clearing up the grass.

There's Nothing much I can do for this month beside watching a movie, because my school are out until the end of this month. In the 1st May, It will be my last semester which we will be doing attachment, working in a office for three month to test our skills. Then, if I succeed I will be graduate in National Diploma in Business and Finance course. 

And that all for today. 😁

#Detox90

6/90

Hello

Day 7

Today is my first week without game. At first I never thought that I'm gonna make it to this far. With all the support from this forum and the video I been watch, it help me archiving to this far. 

Within this week, i still have the craving everyday, I just let it flow, by watching a movie or do some other things. Sometimes, I just couldn't bear with it and it just make me feel down when it does happen. And within this week I still have a trouble to sleep early because usually I used to play game overnight then I woke up late. So every night I just watch movies until I feel  sleepy (which is usually late night) then i woke up every day in the afternoon. 

I also managed to handle my own business and getting more and more profit everyday within this week. Besides movies and my own business, I just starting up learning a new language only for a couple of day to replace my gaming habit, it really  hard for me to do a new activities, because I found it a bit boring at the first time. Maybe if I keep doing it will entertain me more? 

I guess that all for now, tq for reading my journal. 😁

#90Detox

7/90

It is very important for you that you encountered resistance with your decision. You are learning to make decisions independently, to trust yourself. You will notice in future that this will help you to make other more important decisions.

Parents are usually your best guides, but the decision is always your responsibility.

Edit: You should also look to make your work fun and exciting, that way you will break out faster.

One of the ways in which the warm up in my boxing training got easier is by messing around and making jokes while we are warming up.

Edited by Amphibian220

I believe that it is best to quit the games for good because it is really easy to get back into the habit of gaming if you relapse. Considering many of us have been gaming for years and the habit is such strongly engraved in our brain that just a small dose of gaming can lead to reviving the addiction quite quickly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

Edit: You should also look to make your work fun and exciting, that way you will break out faster.

Thanks for your recommendation, I will find a way to make my work more fun and it will make me entertain to do it. 

5 hours ago, Marek said:

I believe that it is best to quit the games for good because it is really easy to get back into the habit of gaming if you relapse. Considering many of us have been gaming for years and the habit is such strongly engraved in our brain that just a small dose of gaming can lead to reviving the addiction quite quickly. 

Yeah you're right. It best for me not to gaming anymore even after the detox, there's is a high possibility that I will be addicted to game if I relapse. I should just quit completely for the best. 

Thanks. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I recently relapsed hard. Started with just an hour long session in 2 days and then all of a sudden it was all I was doing. Took a step back and reexamined my life and was able to stop again. Definitely don't recommend moderation. Even though moderating wasn't even my goal... it still worked its way in.

Hello

Day 8

Before that I have a question to ask, is it normal to have a dream that you are playing a game? Because I just experience it last night. Hahaha

Anyway, as for today I'm able to woke up early (after a week). It just because I have some other work to be done in the morning , my additional income. Then, in the afternoon I'm doing my own business as usual and I did some experiments today on homemade patties, glady I did it right. Maybe tomorrow I will put it in the menu. 

Also today, I just started to get some meditation and with meditation it help me a lots to stay calm and relax all the time. I will do some meditation everyday, especially whenever my emotions is unstable. 

Right now, I want to find more activities that can be done just staying at home and it free. I did browse some to the "60 New Hobbies Ideas". And it helps me to feel wants more to do others activities because I just started to feel excitement when I do different type of activities in a day. 

That all for today. 😁

#90Detox

8/90

6 minutes ago, ceponatia said:

Yeah, I recently relapsed hard. Started with just an hour long session in 2 days and then all of a sudden it was all I was doing. Took a step back and reexamined my life and was able to stop again. Definitely don't recommend moderation. Even though moderating wasn't even my goal... it still worked its way in.

Yeah, I shouldn't target to play in moderation on the future, I noticed that it will just gonna be a bad ideas if I done it. I will just stop completely from gaming. 

Tq for your advice.