NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Wayward Fred

waywardson

Hello, fattestfred is my username and I don’t want to be a videogames addict.

After giving in yesterday, on the 3rd day, I played in the afternoon after lunch and though I did have fun, I played longer than I wanted to in the name of progress that is, the point beyond boredom. Desperate times, and I decided on the Malcolm X approach: ‘by any means necessary’ - although I didn’t delete my PSN account the PS3 has been put in a cupboard (not the one in the kitchen) and the TV back in its box. But next on my mind: donate the games, or leave them at the parents’? Not that this was the time to do it, given what’s going on in this world, and I should apologise, but I went ahead with the latter.

I'll try to write more tomorrow as I'm tired and want to get back to my book. Also wanted to say that I think this is the best time to do the 90 day detox and I hope to give myself unto music. 🙂

Edited by waywardson
  • Like 1

No - risk it. Risk makes you alive, you’re landing on new territory. Burn those ships, this will multiply your motivation to win the battle ahead.

If you do that you have no plan B, but only to build a meaningful life. 

Edited by Amphibian220
  • Like 1

So I've had to start again, I played last night despite having put everything away and I even revised my gaming strategy. However at work I got anxious about it so I decided I would quit again. I need to get out of that hellhole - if I'm not going to be facing my cv then at least I could face the music and pick up an instrument instead of a controller. Tonight I have deleted the save files and I am hoping tomorrow that I can get through on the phone to have my account deleted. And so I'm retiring from trophy hunting, although if I ever meet somebody into trophies/achievements I'm a never say never guy...

• 1 month later...

I don’t know if this is a thing with mathematicians but it’s a nice number to start again – May the 4th (be with you). The weekend wasn’t too bad – a jigsaw puzzle didn’t keep me away from gaming for long but I didn’t spend too long gaming as I was getting bored of it all. Today I spent time looking at games to buy then decided to do Headspace after work. I also decided that, if I’m going to practice the trumpet then I don’t need to practice the guitar. So I practised the trumpet today, but I also picked the guitar up for a strum.

Today I wanted to listen to a song called Head In The Oven so I ended up checking out an album by the Choir Vandals. What can I say about the album? It’s not bad!

• Like 1