NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi everyone

My name is Conner, and video games have been part of my life for as far back as I can remember. They started becoming really prevalent when I was around 10 years old when we moved out of the neighborhood I had grown up in, away from all my friends. Gaming was the only way I found to entertain myself as there were no kids on my new street to make friends with. It’s become second-nature, an escape from life.

Most recently, it’s been a vice to deny that my mom was dying of stage 4 breast cancer, and an escape from dealing with the loss now that she’s gone. She passed in early December. The amount of time and thought I spend on video games is getting in the way of my relationship with my girlfriend now, not to mention getting in the way of getting out of the house of my own volition.

Now, gaming is a fun activity I like to do with friends, but the way it stands now is too much. I want to replace much of the time I normally spend gaming with better habits, though I don’t want to completely remove video games entirely, which may sound crazy I guess. I just want to get to a point where I can play in moderation with friends sometimes, and for now that means not playing at all (It’s been a week and a half or so) for the time being to develop those good habits. Wish me luck I guess, especially since I’m gonna be inside the house for the foreseeable future. Thanks COVID-19.

Sorry for the book, lmao.

Edited by Conner Close