NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

ConstantlyLost's Temporary Incubation Log

ConstantlyLost

Hey everyone! The city I live in is being locked down, we're told not to leave the house, most non-essentials are closed. 

I need this log to document my life for the next two weeks at least, although reports indicate we might be stuck for much longer. 

How quitting games has changed my life :)

So I've tried to quit games now for years. I quit starting January 2020 and my life has been made several times better. My grades shot up from a 3~ gpa to a 3.8 sessional. I am stronger than ever before, my mind feels more sharp and I've managed to stay much more on top of things. I have much more focus than ever before and real life has become much more interesting. I have general anxiety disorder with some signs of depression, but since quitting games, I've sought out the mental help I needed. So if you needed some brief inspiration to quit games, there you go, another success story in the making. 

The only reasons I have to leave the house are apart from emergencies:

• Groceries
  • Walks in the neighbourhood (suburban area, lots of distance)

For the past few days, I've done nothing productive. I've devised a list of tasks to have a routine. I don't want to waste the next 2-8 weeks of my life.

Fitness: I can't do deadlifts, bench or squat in my house, but I have bands and a pull up bar

• 5 x 20 dips
  • 3 x 15 push ups
  • 10 x 1 minutes of planking
  • 5 x 5 pull ups (weak pull ups)
  • 15 minutes treadmill
  • 5 x 10 curls 
  • 5 x 15 tricep extensions
  • 5 x 10 side lateral raises

Studying: I'm going to finish the year off strong. Classes are all cancelled and most of my friends have told me that they've been lazy because the stress has been removed haha. Still have a lot of assignments left and a few tests/exams. My mind doesn't feel like it's still university season.

• Final essay #1 - March 21, 2020
  • Response Journal #2 March 22, 2020
  • Final essay #2 - March 24, 2020
  • Final Essay #3 - March 27, 2020
  • Response Journal #3 March, 28, 2020
  • Exam #1 Studying - March 30-31st
  • Final Essay #4 - April 1st, 2020

Thankfully some exams have been cancelled, but others are TBD, so that's the outline for the time being. 

Chores:

1. Organize closet and drawers - March 22nd, 2020
  2. Return amazon hat -  not sure if postal office is open
  3. Figure out alarm clock set up prior to returning hat
  4. Clean bathroom - March 27, 2020

Enjoyment:

1. Pervert's Guide to Ideology
  2. Read at least one book of interest
  3. Watch two good movies
  4. Check in on friends

• Like 2

It's awesome that despite being locked down you still figured out a way to work out in whichever way you're able. I have some equipment I could use as well (same stuff as you for the most part) but it hasn't even occurred to me until I read your post. It's kind of funny but the lockdown we're under (where I'm at, lockdown is not really what it is but close) is pretty much how I've always lived my life anyway! Had an incident at work on Monday which caused me to be home "sick" until tomorrow so I've had a lot of time to study and practice music. Loved it. Lol.

• Like 1

Day 2 - March 20, 2020

Man it was a slow day being indoors. Did about half of my essay which I plan to finish tomorrow. Alot of course changes. Went outside ot the park to do my workout at the bars. Starting to feel really dizzy being inside. I think I'm going to make some warm tea and do some of my essay outdoors. 

Going to practice some better sleep habits. Going to read 15m before allowing myself to shut my eyes. I find that I wake up kind of anxious because I don't have a cooldown period for my mind beofre going to sleep.

Need to refill on meds tomorrow so I have a reason to leave the house! Woohoo 🙂 

Goals Finished: 

• Fitness 
  • Progress towards essay
Edited by ConstantlyLost

These times do not make it any easier to quit gaming but I do believe that if you can avoid them now it will be a lot easier once the lockdown is over. If you can stop any screen time for 30-60 min before you go to sleep the overall quality of sleep will be ridiculously better, last few days I binge-watched the office often late till I passed out while it was still playing in the background and I was drowsy for the whole next day.