NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

?Hello, my name is KD

I am coming over from reddit community where I am proud to have reached 1 month sober badge.

I am from Melbourne, Australia, currently on a working holiday in Hong Kong.

I have played games obsessively since I was 10, however it seemed fine until a couple of years ago when I couldn't balance it with uni studies and got kicked out. I only really started understanding the problem about a month ago when I decided to quit gaming altogether, finally having my head clear up a bit.

My goals are financial stability and to open my own makerlab/hackspace. ?

Hey KD!! Welcome to the forum, we're happy you're here with us!

Congrats on reaching a month so far. What are the challenges you're facing now?

Anything related to getting out of comfort zone is a challenge for me currently. From getting out of bed to cleaning to calling an electrician to studying and even going to the pool I recently got membership to... So I'm slowly building my tolerance, hopefully.

Congratulations on one month! I'm at 22 days myself and am looking forward to reaching one month myself! What have you done differently in your life that helped you reach this milestone?

I started a journal, and every time I would write in it would be along the lines of "I played too much, I hate myself, I hate where this is going, it will probably get much worse if I don't quit". I didn't quit after first few of those, but something changed in a way that I've been able to keep track of the disappearing time when I gamed. One day I just became too frustrated at this, found r/stopgaming and joined an online meeting.

I just think now that there's nothing good for me in gaming ever again...

Anything related to getting out of comfort zone is a challenge for me currently. From getting out of bed to cleaning to calling an electrician to studying and even going to the pool I recently got membership to... So I'm slowly building my tolerance, hopefully.?

Totally, little by little that's how you do it. I also found a lot of value in writing out what my fears were and trying to experience them more. I'm afraid of heights so I went bungee-jumping, but that didn't just help me push my comfort zone with heights but also made me more comfortable experiencing fear in general.

If you haven't read it yet, grab a copy of The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. I think it's one of the best to start with. After that, grab The Power of Habit by Charlie Duhigg. Both will really help you shape your mindsets towards pushing your comfort zone and starting to live the life you want.

• 4 weeks later...