NEW VIDEO: Has gaming disorder been cancelled!?

James Good

A new podcast is starting and you're invited!

Hey everyone, your friendly neighborhood podcast guy here.

I'm excited to announce that in March I'm going to be releasing a new podcast, entirely focused on community stories! One of the biggest requests I get with the current Gaming the System podcast, and I had the idea to turn it into its own thing.

Introducing the Life After Gaming (LAG) podcast!

Every 2 weeks I'll be releasing 1+ hour long interviews with people that have attempted (successfully or otherwise) to overcome gaming. It'll focus on the ups, the downs, the wins and the losses. You'll learn what worked for them and what didn't. What they wish they would have done differently, and so on!

But of course, I can't do any of this without the community. So that's where you come in!

If you think you'd be interested in appearing on the show, let me know with a comment or by sending me a message.

I'm looking for people that:

• have a semi-decent microphone (plug in earphones e.g. basic Apple/Samsung ones with an attached mic usually work pretty well)
  • can speak okay
  • happy to share their story and have content be used in promotional purposes (you can remain anonymous but I think that kind of defeats the point)
  • have experienced life after gaming, whether it's good or bad, and have an interesting/useful message to share

Sound like you'd be a good fit? Cool! I'd love to hear from you.

I'll be doing the first round of recordings in the next week or two, and you'd get fully briefed on best practices and time slots and so on later on. For now I just need to see who's interested.

Thanks for reading, and I'm excited to see what you guys think!

Peace.

• Like 4

@BooksandTrees No worries! You were one of the first people I had in mind to come on the show so it'd be great to have you on eventually.

And in terms of promotional stuff I mean clips will be taken and posted on social media along with quotes and so on. Technically I profit off anything Game Quitters does, as I work for GQ, but I don't directly make an income off any podcasting work. While I may open up the podcast to monetisation in the future e.g. Patreon or something else, for now it's staying as is.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, James Good said:

@BooksandTrees No worries! You were one of the first people I had in mind to come on the show so it'd be great to have you on eventually.

And in terms of promotional stuff I mean clips will be taken and posted on social media along with quotes and so on. Technically I profit off anything Game Quitters does, as I work for GQ, but I don't directly make an income off any podcasting work. While I may open up the podcast to monetisation in the future e.g. Patreon or something else, for now it's staying as is.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep you updated around June.

• Like 2

In general, I would also be interested, but I am a bit shy, when it comes to stuff like that. Have to think about it a little bit. I am also worried a bit about my privacy, since I am also sharing a lot of internal things here. But maybe in the future. 🙂 I think that it is an incredible idea and I would like to hear something from other people. Especially those, who have been on this path a lot longer and are more experienced. I am learning from them everyday. Also, because for many people, who have posted hundreds of posts, I sometimes don't find the time or motivation, to read the entire journal. I think I am therefore missing a lot of things.

• Like 2

Hello, I'd be happy to interview with you on the show. I've been off games for 90 days. I Skype with friends sometimes so I'm kind of comfortable talking about things with someone over Skype.

• Like 1

I'm interested if you guys are! I'd need to purchase a mic (don't know much about the stuff, can you recommend?) but otherwise all good 👍

• Like 1

@Alexanderle Great insights, thanks for letting me know! I'll look into the possibility of anonymous episodes, and how I better improve my skills as an interviewer to overcome the issue of having guests that are less comfortable speaking.

@Erik2.0 Sounds good, thank you! Would be great to have you on.

@Hitaru You were one of my first thoughts haha, gotta have Hitaru on! In terms of microphone if you have standard earphones or something that'll usually do a good enough job provided your environment isn't overly noisy! I don't want people to have to buy equipment just for an hour or so of their time.

@LordFederickRamsay Awesome, thank you!

For everyone that has shown interest I'll send over a guide for you in the next couple of days, just detailing the recording process and some things I need from you in terms of background.

Thanks again! Looking forward to getting started.

• Like 1

I'd be interested once I've gotten deeper into the detox but I wouldn't want to splash all my personal life on tons of promotional material. I think if you're doing this for people who maybe don't know about the community or who do but don't always get time to read and post a lot, just hearing some else's voice talking about experiences that might be similar would be a big help. I don't see how the keeping a level of anonymity would detract at all from people connecting with the issues that get discussed.

I'd be anxious that lots of promotional, personal material wouldn't work in the way that it has say for Cam. He's set up GQ to help people and speaks all over the world so tying his personal experiences and being open about it helps him achieve those goals, but I'd worry a lot of people on here might feel they have more to lose if they couldn't speak about it under the understanding that their identity remains that of their forum persona and isn't revealed to the world at large.

Does that make sense? I'm speaking from personal experience here and don't want to be down on the idea cause I'd love to help out. 

Thought about this alot.

A would be willing to accept if you just refer to me as "Louis from Germany".

I don't care about retweeting and all the stuff, but it would be a problem for me to identify myselve throught google searches.

Also I do not know if I can speek good enough english.