NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

What will life be like if you went back to gaming?

Weaksaucebro

There are propably the people gaming a little to get diversity in their lives.
Those who have their live in control and do not have addictive problems.

For me, if I game to long:
It's a deep sad feeling I get when I think about how I wasted my time.
Like the feeling if you feel really sorry for someone else, only you feel sorry for yourselve.

I only experienced this after quitting games a long time thou.
I think becouse I had a comparison of what I was able to accomplish.

Edited by creationlist

I get those same kind of feelings also, especially at the end of the day realizing i didn’t accomplish what I told myself I would accomplish for that day. I would have so much anger towards myself to the point of not trusting myself. I am starting to be able to control my gaming more. I am very still addicted, but nothing like I was even just a month ago. 

For me, if I went back to gaming, I think in the short term: 

It would be fun like reacquainting with old buddies.  I am a fan of mmorpgs, so most likely I would go back to one of my favorite mmorpgs.  I would start fresh, feeling the excitement of the "unexplored" content.  Furthermore, socializing with players along the way in attempts to start a potential friendship.  Happy to have someone playing alongside me.  Days and days go by, and I'd feel absorbed by my progress in game.  I am blurring through the storyline and getting stronger each day.  

Long term though:

I will have reached a plateau in progression.  Days will be spent grinding with little progress, but I know the bits add up in the long run.  Storyline finished, just waiting for more content.  However, I'd find myself more distracted, immersing myself with the community in attempts to ease the tension of the grind and lacking content.  And if there were any events, I would be quick to latch on to add variation to the game.  The days dragging on.  So then what?  I'd most likely find another game on the side to entertain me.  

So in other words, maybe a never ending cycle of building and dimming excitement.  A flame at first, slowly dying, then reigniting once more.  But in the end, I'd tire eventually and find myself back at reality.  Life would had sneaked up on me, but who knows how much.   By then, it's hard to say what I would feel.  Maybe the same as you two or maybe something totally different.

Edited by Weaksaucebro
  • Like 1

I would probably fall into a deep hole, which I happily escaped some time ago. But for me, it is a difference to play like a game once in a while compared to actual gaming. A couple of weeks a ago some people played mario kart in real life. So I joined for a couple of rounds. Nothing to it. But actually getting a steam account, downloading some of the old games and playing on my own? Never again!!!

I have the added benefit of being an alcoholic so it's well ingrained in my brain that if I drink one beer or play one game, I'm done for. My body won't die but my soul will. I've just gotten to the point where I am starting to feel like a normal human being again, laughing at jokes, smiling at strangers, shaking people's hands, craving contact with new people and meeting people with similar interests. I'm still very much alone but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't want to go backwards.

• Like 1

This time around I made 9 months without gaming. I intentionally relapse because I found nothing really changed and I knew I was going thru the busy season. 

Mindless, it's all mindless unless I am not winning. Then it becomes an anger issue, having little temper tantrums that can spill into my work day if I don't catch it.

I have a vision now of what I like to do instead of gaming, but at this point it's hard to not go the easy mindless direction of playing my games at night. I am gearing up for another detox, this time following that vision I didn't have before. Connected to an adult center as well this time to get out more. 

• Like 1

Thats why I set myselfe timelimits. I do currently set myselfe 1 hour time a day for entertainment. (Holiday right now)

I do not feel bad with that timelimit and still do have plenty of time a day for other stuff to do.

Videogames still are some sort of "Meditation" to me.

However, it is important what to play. Games where rounds last more than 40 Minutes are a nogo for me (like MOBA), I need to be able to stop them when I want it or get finished after arround 20 Minutes.

Keep in mind, that I play videogames rarely a day when I Work.

Edited by creationlist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, creationlist said:

Thats why I set myselfe timelimits. I do currently set myselfe 1 hour time a day for entertainment. (Holiday right now)

I do not feel bad with that timelimit and still do have plenty of time a day for other stuff to do.

Videogames still are some sort of "Meditation" to me.

However, it is important what to play. Games where rounds last more than 40 Minutes are a nogo for me (like MOBA), I need to be able to stop them when I want it or get finished after arround 20 Minutes.

Keep in mind, that I play videogames rarely a day when I Work.

Yes this is the way I'd do it if I got to that point. I have been able to stick to a time limit in the past but right now I have a pretty poor social life so the tendency to just sit on my computer all day is very strong. Some day I might go back to it but at the same time I've found so many things to do that I enjoy more than gaming now, like getting back into music production. I do miss some games though and if I'm totally honest there are games coming out in the future that I'd like to play some day. But I'm taking it one day at a time. 🙂

• Like 1