NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Live - Love - Life

Redbeancooked

Hello my new me and the community!

Long story short: i'm a med student, not so great in it, probably hate it. I have f*kin unhealthy routines and no real hobby. My life degrades. Depression, anxiety, stress. Degradation overlaps. I know those bad habits are just keep pushing me to the edge of life, crossing the border to 'mislife'.

1st of February 2020. Nice day, determine quit all of those, refresh my self. Search google with 'reddit' at the end. Found this.

I'm happy to find a community to do this. I personally wrote a journal in a journal but it did not last long. i hope that this place would be more interesting for me to keep this stuff on air.

Quit gaming by change habits, easy.

My main goals are:

• 1. Change routine: Sleep early, wakes early, drinks more water, eat less(i'm a bit overweight)
  • 2. Read books
  • 3. r/Stopgaming
  • 4.r/NoFap
  • 5. Set up routines( sleep wake hours, etc) (yes, this is listed twice)
  • 6. Do a hobby: programming
  • 7. Language enrichment.
  • 8. Social skills is crucial.
  • 9 Keep the progress to achivement active.
  • 10. Say "i love you" to myself

Converting to everyday tasks:

1. Sleep at 11:59pm - Wake at 4:30am - Noon rest: 1 hour

2. At least 20 pages or 20 minute reading books everyday

3. Learn Python: 30 minutes

4. English studying (vocabulary: 30m - 10 new words)

5. Clean the room: 10 minutes

6. Study: 2 hours

Template

~~ Day # ~~

I wake up at:

Yesterday, I slept at:

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i learned .....

Other achivements of the day

•  

Say something about t'day:

•  

One thing i will try doing tomorrow:

•  

Edited by Redbeancooked
edit template
  • Like 1

Hey man, welcome. Good for you to make these steps to change yourself for the better. Really like your goals and new habits. But be careful about those numbers. You will probably not learn 2 hours everyday or program for 30 minutes. But that is alright. Even just 5 minutes makes a difference. So keep going 🙂

Saying I love you to myself I have never really tried. Maybe, come time, I will install some gratitude in my life as well.

16 minutes ago, Alexanderle said:

Hey man, welcome. Good for you to make these steps to change yourself for the better. Really like your goals and new habits. But be careful about those numbers. You will probably not learn 2 hours everyday or program for 30 minutes. But that is alright. Even just 5 minutes makes a difference. So keep going 🙂

Saying I love you to myself I have never really tried. Maybe, come time, I will install some gratitude in my life as well.

Man... You are right. I've just realized that i can't get all those number down in the record if i wasted a whole morning for gaming or sleeping cuz staying up late last night.

😄

Consistency is the key and time is the only way to give the key a chance to become reality. I will keep reminding myself this

Really Appreciate your reply 😄

• Like 1

~~ Day #1 ~~

I wake up at: ##

Yesterday, I slept at: ##

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • Learn Python: 30 minutes
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i did not learn

• Had a nice going out

• Found this forum

• Deleted every single games in the computer

• Spoiler

I'm really happy with how my day ends.it's been sometime since i last felt accomplishing something, and today that thing is good. i spent time reading the old harry potter book, that series is such a legendary. The paragraph i wrote while getting the vocabulary task done :"

Mr Abbey and Mrs Abbess who were holding abbacy were gotten into abeyance. This aberration is caused by the incident that they abet abducting the kids with alphabets on their abdomen. They did not want to abdicate anyway.

" i mean...lmao.

Great day imo.

Dear "me", i love you 

(What a weird way to end the day, will get use to it somehow...)

• Take a 10 miles walk!
Edited by Redbeancooked
  • Like 1

~~ Day 2 ~~

I wake up at: 10AM - WTF

Yesterday, I slept at: 12PM

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • Learn Python: I did not do it today
  • English studying 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i did not learnt anything

• took a 5 miles walk

• Successfully bought the bag i need

• Held myself back from buying what i don't need

• Spoiler

I mean WTF i had a sleep for 10 hours. I know my biological routine was fucked up but i don't know it's that bad. glad that i decided to change.

i did not get a 10 miles walk cuz it was late at night and my friend did not want me to go that far home when it's late.

i realize that i like having my room cleaned. My virgo inside me grew up then.

I did not study anything today, maybe i should lower the task down to 30 minute then rise it up later.

Today paragraph is about a girl with mental disorder:

Amanda has the ability to abide the ablution. The abnormal people are able to show their abhorrence to her but she refuse to abnegate or abjure the abhoring. She ablazely think that those people are abject. “You are not welcome aboard” she says.

Anyway, i love you, myself!

• Jump 100 times!

~~ Day 3 ~~

I wake up at: 9:45 (....)

Yesterday, I slept at: 1AM

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • Learn Python:  actually 15-20minute only
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i did not learn, too

• Got some good transactions

• had some good juicy fruit

• I jumped 60 times (i tried so hard so don't blame me, i don't know that jumping continuously 100 times is that hard)

• Spoiler

Another late morning wake, omg wtf is wrong with me, hope tomorrow is gonna be better. I spent too much time on the social network due those transactions i needed doing atleast i get them done, 80% successful is a good enough rate.

today's paragraph: "

Aborigines who abound many abode are about to be abolished and abominated, have been saved after the Abbeys abjured and aborted the decision."

LMAO i don't know what on earth did i write down there. I think i should start hitting the books tomorrow or things will get bad.

Today, i love you, myself.( this is becoming less awkward lol)

• Study, for 30 minutes (to get the engine heated up)
  • Like 1

~~ Day 5 ~~

I skipped day 4 due to "not at home and not able to reach a laptop or computer that day", and i was being outside all day and only got back home at 10pm

I wake up at: 8AM

Yesterday, I slept at: 2AM

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i learn 30m

• Explored new roads

• Finished my first book of the year

• Got my brain to hit the books again

• Spoiler

Simply a great day, i smiled a lot, had almost everything good, read good books, good drinks, good music, good traveling.

English, the room and python can wait

I love you, myself

• 2 minute of plank through the day lol
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:14 AM, Redbeancooked said:

I challenge my brain with medicine and it doesn't work that way too. So you should try med school lol.

Just kidd'in. BTW how did you start your python path? @ceponatia

A few years ago I decided I wanted to FINALLY learn programming after years of dipping my feet in C++, and I bought a course on Udemy. It's pretty thorough but I only made it about 1/4 of the way through before I got frustrated. Now I have to learn it in college for my cybersecurity degree. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ceponatia said:

A few years ago I decided I wanted to FINALLY learn programming after years of dipping my feet in C++, and I bought a course on Udemy. It's pretty thorough but I only made it about 1/4 of the way through before I got frustrated. Now I have to learn it in college for my cybersecurity degree. 

A little bit personal, but...why cyber security then? 

~~ Day 6 ~~

I wake up at: 9AM

Yesterday, I slept at: 5AM (I know, i fked up)

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • English studying 30m:  i switched to english collocation
  • Clean the room
  • Study:the university pushed back the schedule due to the corona plague, so my study had been paused unexpectedly

• Helped my mothrt did the paperwork in time

• I held i urge to play a game back

• (i did not do much :sad:)

• Spoiler

It was my 4th aniversary with my gf and it was great. since i got back to book reading, my life seem healthier but yesterday there was an urge to play game, damn..

• Take a 5miles walk!

~~ Day 7 ~~

I wake up at: 9AM

Yesterday, I slept at: 2-3AM(couldnt remember)

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i did not study

• Walked 5 miles 

• Took profit

• Cared more about ...

• Spoiler

Nothing much. I read the book and thought about its content. i had a pretty healthy meal. Using the phone too much is now a problem, i'm going to change it. i should get back to study again. The urge to play game came back to me and it had been just a week only. Not really a productive day imo, will pump it up!!

I love you, myself:D

• Not using the smartphone!!

I love your journaling style - Simple but effective. The task list for each day is definitely a good Idea. I usually forget what i wanted to do and then instead lay in my bed or look at my smartphone. And seeing how many tasks you completed is definitely a good motivation booster.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:59 AM, Julon said:

I love your journaling style - Simple but effective. The task list for each day is definitely a good Idea. I usually forget what i wanted to do and then instead lay in my bed or look at my smartphone. And seeing how many tasks you completed is definitely a good motivation booster.

Thank you, although i did not get the work done, i went visit my relative and stayed there, bring a light book with me and call it a weekend, it's somewhat an effective way, too, just keep your self...not alone. That's my only advise, hope you and i both get better soon!!

~~ Day 10 ~~

I wake up at: 9am

Yesterday, I slept at: 3AM

Today task progress

• Read a book:
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study:

• i wrote my plan in TDV (i'm not confortable saying it here)

• Learned something new!

• Spoiler

Not much to say for t'day, i just did not read a book but instead i did my hobby in TDV, talk and gain some experience in that field so afterall it was not such a non-productive day to me! realized that the idiom "quit cold turkey" is being used quite a lot, learned some new collocation, such as, "adjourn the meeting", "mitigating circumstances", "inclement weather", can't wait to learn something new from the book!

My urge to gaming came back a little and then got off my head quickly! However, I fapped. I should stop that instantly!

That's it for the day, i love you, my self!

• This is what i has been failed to do for quite sometime: Wakeup before 9AM !!!!!

Edited by Redbeancooked

4 hours ago, ceponatia said:

It passes! I'm sorry I can't be more help than that, just wanted to let you know someone is paying attention to your journal and I'm hoping for the best! I know this was several hours ago so if you did relapse, no worries. Just start again. We all do it. 🙂

Thank you...luckily i did not. However the thought of it just came back drilling into my mind...just a pokemon game like the old time is just what i want....

that's why i'm here, guess i'm getting away from my computer and bring along a book with me....

Here's the update to my journal:

~~ Day 11 ~~

I wake up at: 7AM (overlept to 9AM: it has became a routine due to the long holiday)

Yesterday, I slept at: 3AM(i guess)

Today task progress

• Read a book: 
  • English studying 30m: 
  • Clean the room
  • Study: today i learned .....

Note: except cleaning the room, i just don't do any of the task recently, i went out meeting people, and at home take a little rest cuz my sinusitis, doing other hobbies and listen to music

Not the productive ones, but the urge to relapse kept me from focus doing one, that's why i did the other thing

• Delete every fap material, damn this is hurt, those are such a treasure, i;ve been collecting them since 2016 (lmao)

• Talked to a total stranger, about their stuff, talking to others and helping other the little things that you can is somehow satisfies me

• Did not use the phone much (at all), i mean, this is such a huge ỉmprovement!

• Spoiler

Not a productive day i guess, but i;m happy with the things i do, may be that is what matters right now. The urge to relapse may bring back my depression but i think i got the hang of it. So everything is...just fine 🙂 

That's it for t'day, i love you, my self (finally i feel good saying this here)

• Drink more water: yes i need it, improve health is both what i want and need!!! start small, 3.2 litters i guess
Edited by Redbeancooked
grammar
  • Like 1