NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A new chapter in my life.

Julon

Totally agree @Havey  I have found my self numerous times full of motivation to learn a skill and I consumed every video on how to do it.... But in the end I only knew every theoretical aspekt but i couldn‘t do it myself, because I haven‘t tried.

Day 18

Avoided my phone for pretty much the whole day and did all I could, so I don‘t sit bored in my room. I woke um at 8 am due to my online class, so I was already productive in the morning. I fixed the tire of my bike and went cycling. I think tomorrow I will start to learn how to wheelie  and  other tricks.

Streaks

No gaming: 18 Days

No (useless) browsing: 1 Day

• Like 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Julon said:

Day 18

Avoided my phone for pretty much the whole day and did all I could, so I don‘t sit bored in my room. I woke um at 8 am due to my online class, so I was already productive in the morning. I fixed the tire of my bike and went cycling. I think tomorrow I will start to learn how to wheelie  and  other tricks.

Streaks

No gaming: 18 Days

Almost 3 week man, keep it up! 3 weeks will be 3 months and 3 months will be a year in no time. 

Day 19 
Cutting down my phone usage  really leads to mood swings. Normally, in a bad mood I would just grab my phone and It would be over. But now in these bad moods It makes me realize how much time I have wasted in my live . I know looking forward  and leaving the past behind is the better optioning, yet I can‘t stop thinking about it and making myself more depressed than I should. I have these down phases about 3 times a day, where I don‘t want to do anything but get rid of these thoughts by gaming. The rest of the day I used, to start to learn wheelies, do some home work and doing exercises to work on my bad posture.  Didn‘t have a workout today though :/  But after all the Day was pretty good though.

@BeautyInTheStruggle Thanks man, I really hope so.

Streaks

No Gaming: 19 Days

No ( useless) browsing: 2 Days

39 minutes ago, Julon said:

Day 19 
Cutting down my phone usage  really leads to mood swings. Normally, in a bad mood I would just grab my phone and It would be over. But now in these bad moods It makes me realize how much time I have wasted in my live . I know looking forward  and leaving the past behind is the better optioning, yet I can‘t stop thinking about it and making myself more depressed than I should. I have these down phases about 3 times a day, where I don‘t want to do anything but get rid of these thoughts by gaming. The rest of the day I used, to start to learn wheelies, do some home work and doing exercises to work on my bad posture.  Didn‘t have a workout today though 😕 But after all the Day was pretty good though.

@BeautyInTheStruggle Thanks man, I really hope so.

Streaks

No Gaming: 19 Days

No ( useless) browsing: 2 Days

Great work man keep at it. Be kind to yourself. Progress not perfection.

2 hours ago, Julon said:

I know looking forward  and leaving the past behind is the better optioning, yet I can‘t stop thinking about it and making myself more depressed than I should.

Well you have these thoughts and there is nothing wrong with that. I still for quite some time had problems to overcome the fact, that the last couple of years, I was playing for half a year with my steam account alone. That hurts. But the question is: Why does it hurt you? I can say that it hurted me, because it was not in line with the life, I want to live and the potential, where I could be, if I would not have pursued the excess amount of gaming.

Edited by Alexanderle

Day 20

Today I started my day with a 2 1/2 h workout and then went cycling. I‘m working really much on my physical health now.  I also started counting my calories again and focus on good nutrition.  Didn‘t do any other productive things though... should‘ve learned more.

Streaks

No gaming: 20 Days

No (useless) browsing: 3 Days

• Like 1

Day 21

Realized how important sport is to me, it can get me out of any bad mood.After I did a 20 minute cardio session I was full of motivation for the Day.  I learned for school and spent much time outside. Unfortunately I grabbed my phone in the evening and wasted 2 hours on the Internet. Felt really bad afterwards, but eve

nings are  unquestionably the toughest part of the day.

Streaks:

No gaming: 21 Days

No (useless) browsing: 0 Days

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BooksandTrees said:

I'd love to play sports right now. We're on a very tight lockdown.

Well I do most of it in my house or in the forest. Here in Germany no sports field is open too.  

• Like 1

Day 22

Used my phone in the morning after  waking up for 2 hours. I think I‘m going to switch to an alarm clock so my phone isn‘t in range. After that I had another workout  and then learned for a little bit.
In the evening I watched one movie and then went to bed.  My goal is now to sleep at 11:30pm.

Streaks:

No gaming: 22 Days

Day 23

I have to admit, that I was on my phone for almost the whole day and even went to bed pretty late ( 1 am). It was raining so I could‘t go outside. The only good thing I did was doing 20 minutes of cardio and then some stretching.

Streaks

No Games: 23 Days

Day 24

Today I had many zoom meetings, what‘s really good, because learning on my own is still a pain in the a$$ for me.  I didn‘t waste any time on my phone and had the best workout in a few months. I‘m still working on my efficiency though, I‘m not getting that much done at the end of the day - I take forever in the transition between different tasks. Sport in the morning definitely has helped a bit, but I‘m still too slow in my opinion. Because of that  the days go by like nothing right now. The last 2 weeks felt like 2 Days.

Streaks

No gaming: 24 Days

4 hours ago, Julon said:

It sucks obviously, but I try to learn from it. My phone is locked up at night now and I take it out after breakfast.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea to browse less mindlessly, but what can you learn from it? If it is that you are "struggling" with it and that it is an important thing to be adressed that is awesome. But if you would feel bad about it to the point, where you would consider yourself weak and that even trying is useless than that would be a problem. Because you are not weak for that matter, you are applying a very tough measurement of success here. If I would try this, I would never survive one day. Because after working quite hard and with our exposure to digital media, it just kinda happens. The question is only, how much it interferes with you other objectives. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Constantly resetting the counter can be quite stressful and demoralizing.

2 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

The question is only, how much it interferes with you other objectives. 

For me it is that one thing that keeps me from anything productive. It‘s the biggest problem for me. I would like to browse only a bit, but i know that i can‘t control myself then. It‘s a major trigger for further problems like gaming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julon said:

For me it is that one thing that keeps me from anything productive. It‘s the biggest problem for me. I would like to browse only a bit, but i know that i can‘t control myself then. It‘s a major trigger for further problems like gaming.

Yes, I completely understand. That makes it very important. Just don't whip yourself for every "relapse" you encounter. Eventually, this hurts quite bad. Be kind  to yourself and trust your abilities. You will figure it out. I am sure. 🙂I think the more you just stay committed and understand, how much it is in your way, the more you will realize that it is not some kind of monster that is hunting you, but just an annoying animal that is in your way. And then you can push it aside. It will still bark at you and here and then you will give it some attention, which is fine, but you are still commited to more important things. 

• Like 1

Day 25

today I had a lot of zoom meetings and I also learned for about 2 hours. Also did my usual 20 minute cardio and stretching routine in the morning - really helps get the day startet.  

Streaks

No gaming: 25 Days

No (useless) browsing: 2 Days

• Like 1

Day 26

Started the day off again with a 2 hour workout and a bit of stretching. Then i finished some school work,  but avoided mathematics, because it‘s really annoying. My goal for tomorrow is to learn at least 1 hour of it.

Streaks

No Gaming: 26 Days

No (useless) browsing: 3 Days

Day 28

Watched a stupid amount of youtube videos today because I was too lazy to start the day off right with a workout. The only things I did later that day were doing about 20 min of cardio and doing about 30 minutes of an online course. I‘m going to put my alarm clock out of my reach now, so I can finally start waking up early 

Streaks

No gaming: 28 Days

31 minutes ago, Julon said:

Watched a stupid amount of youtube videos today because I was too lazy to start the day off right with a workout.

You are fine man. You are not lazy. You just felt that it is important to watch some videos.

32 minutes ago, Julon said:

The only things I did later that day were doing about 20 min of cardio and doing about 30 minutes of an online course.

What do you mean with the only thing? When I was gaming back in the days. Doing 20 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of an online course would have been an amazing accomplishment for me. Be proud of yourself

34 minutes ago, Julon said:

No gaming: 28 Days

Be also proud of this!

Day 29

Today I worked out for 2 hours and did some stretching afterwards. Then I did about an hour of an online course. The rest of the day I just enjoyed being outside in the sun since the next days are going to be very rainy.

Streaks

No Gaming: 29 Days