NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

This is detrimentally impacting everything!

SteveA47

Hello,

It is rather embarrassing this but I need to do something to stop this. Firstly I am in my 40s and almost accidentally got back into gaming. I was on fairly good money last year and needed a new PC. For no apparent reason I bought a gaming PC. This is where my problems started. I was made redundant last October so time became available. I was always an avid gamer when younger so should of realized I have a rather addictive personality. 

To cut a long story short, I have literally spent 2 months non stop playing online games. I have no energy to look for a job and it is beginning to impact my relationship. I have even spent money on subscribing to games when I am not even working.

Enough is enough now, I need to stop. I cannot concentrate, my head is cloudy and I cant move forward. Perhaps there is denial but I am definitely addicted. I am writing on here as I want to make myself accountable and sort this problem out. I teach health and fitness courses by trade so I am not exactly practicing what I preach here.

This is day 1..... I have deleted all of my games, deleted steam, deleted everything.

Wish me luck 🙂

Steve

• Like 6

So far so good.

Its very strange. Wake up with a foggy feeling and realise all you think about is gaming. I guess that's what we call an addiction eh. I still struggle and want to log back in but it's important to remain strong and find other activities to replace 

1 hour ago, SteveA47 said:

So far so good.

Its very strange. Wake up with a foggy feeling and realise all you think about is gaming. I guess that's what we call an addiction eh. I still struggle and want to log back in but it's important to remain strong and find other activities to replace 

You should make a daily journal in that thread of the forums. You don't have to post every day, but it might encourage you to see others who are doing the same thing.

• Like 1