NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The Marvelous Misadventures

Xgamer

1 hour ago, Xgamer said:

I realised that I don`tlike my job. Or did I?

Maybe just a bad day. I think nobody likes everything about his job 100 percent of the time. It certainly varies. The question is: Are there also good moments?

1 hour ago, Xgamer said:

Really thinking of playing tonight.

Do you have something else, you could also do? Maybe something else is also fun.🙂

@Xgamer that's a good one. Very appropriate for what we're all going through I think. Having a bit of a dark sense of humour can actually help with this if you can learn to laugh at some of the sillier stuff you might have done.

I don't really like my job, there's good bits and it pays me enough to clear my debt and save for my family future, but it's pretty dull and I dislike the commute. It gets in the way of lots of things I'd like to do with life. Deep down I know that feeding my family and getting rid of debt are priority goals though. 

Maybe write down what you want out of your job, what are your goals for quitting and why do you want to do it? 

Oh, guys, I am back. 35h in 2 days and I am deleting my steam account xD. I am glad that happened now I feel more aware of what @BooksandTrees was talking about. Closing the chapter. 

So, from now on, I`ll write about what I liked and disliked about gaming and I`ll try to convert it to real life rather than brooding how sad I am that I don`t play video games anymore.

@Talby and @Alexanderle, I see you. I`ll reply in a bit. Just a quick check in.

day 0 (take 3)

Edited by Xgamer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Xgamer said:

Oh, guys, I am back. 35h in 2 days and I am deleting my steam account xD. I am glad that happened now I feel more aware of what @BooksandTrees was talking about. Closing the chapter. 

So, from now on, I`ll write about what I liked and disliked about gaming and I`ll try to convert it to real life rather than brooding how sad I am that I don`t play video games anymore.

@Talby and @Alexanderle, I see you. I`ll reply in a bit. Just a quick check in.

day 0 (take 3)

You got this. It takes time. You're weening off and you fought it off after a difficult binge session. I went through this a few pages into my journal if you want to read about how I got through it. It's from like October 2018.

@Xgamer Hey man, sorry for the late reply, I've been going through a rough patch lately and avoided posting. Trying to come back to form now though.

If you're still interested in learning programming, I can highly recommend it. It's a booming field in need of people, and a valuable skill to have. It's also about logic and problem solving, which I think suits a lot of ex-gamers. 

Honestly, books can only get you so far, I've loved learning on www.codecademy.com. You have to pay for a membership but it'll be a lot cheaper than a big textbook, trust me. Javascript is a decent first language, along with HTML and CSS if you wanna do Web development. Otherwise any object oriented programming language is good. I learned Java first. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1