Amphibian’s journal

6 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

@BooksandTrees Sometimes i feel healthy to exercise, but have no time. At other times I’m feeling knackered from previous day’s exercise or an upset stomach. Things such as writing a reminder actually work as a hack. I find it hard to pray in the morning, but my Dad told me it unlocks way more energy when he does so. Small things like that can do wonders for your success.

my current travel time to work is over two hours. So that is over 4 hours driving per day. This new job is looking very hard to do. So i am beginning a search closer to my home from today.

My job searching experience tells me i may get an interview after 50 applications. But then I may have to write a 100 this week. 

I read your post and firmly believe a hidden error can cause one to go on limping for years. So will just try to get aggressive and make the right kind of mistakes.

I had a 3 hour commute total (1.5 each way) for 3 years and got very depressed. I now have a 20 minute commute and it's perfect because I can listen to music on the way in and get awakened.

• Like 1
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried a day without internet for recreation/distraction purposes. Felt really good and focused. Will go againtoday.

Right now I am very angry. I started feeling emotions which I always numbed before. I tried to be the nice pleasing person and this led to people from within my family abusing me and disrespectin

This isn’t day 1 of detox. But i will treat any time wasting as breaking the streak of recovery I was going pretty well for the last month. Then a number of health issues cropped up (bad back, ti

That’s great you have that, it frees up the necessary time to better prepare yourself for the work. I also like that you’ve started this banter. Let me know how it goes. My jokes come off as strange at times, like I mistook the surname of my manager as her father’s name and that cracked her up a good deal.

I made about 10 applications today, but will continue working at the current job until i’ve found an offer. 

• Like 1
On 1/24/2021 at 11:58 PM, BooksandTrees said:

I had a 3 hour commute total (1.5 each way) for 3 years and got very depressed. I now have a 20 minute commute and it's perfect because I can listen to music on the way in and get awakened.

I think anything more than an hour a day of commute (especially by car) is dismal, even though I like to drive. I believe it leaves a psychological imprint and that it might be even more draining than the job itself. With my army job I had about 2 hours of commute daily and it's a lot of time. Today, all my work takes place online, so my work commute is zero.

Though I do sometimes wonder if an hour of break "on the road" (e.g. for a snack and to read a book) between companies would be more beneficial than an hour of break "at home", where I want to do million other things than to re-build my reading habit again.

22 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

I made about 10 applications today, but will continue working at the current job until i’ve found an offer. 

Keep it up! Do you change your e-mail and CV structure while sending them to other companies?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to complete a lot of work today and that got me stressed and drove down my productivity. My manager was annoyed at this. She’s got a very cool approach to work. 

The exhaustion may also be a cumulative effect from combining work , professional studying and many hours of driving.

A colleague of mine resigned from his position to work at another place. I seem to have a stronger attachment. I think I am way too complicit with current circumstances and not engaged enough in checking other opportunities. 

May this obstacle be overcome soon.

my physical state is an issue and I need to take time off work to get a better clarity with what I want to do.