NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A sleeper Awakens

Turner2012

So, day three it is. So far been keeping my gratutide journal and meditating. Iv also been exerisxzing but i was already doing that most days if not every day. I am feeling confident and optemistic as im keeping busy. All my reminders are set, my goal apps and diary kept at hand. I have a new book to read and a new direction for my life that will improve my health and mind and create a better healthier me that will improve my familys life and all our life satifcation ! I want to be a good father, good partner and good to myself. This is the begining of my journey !  Ill post when i can !

The Challenge

I think i started thinking about quitting games when my son came into the world almost three years ago, and although iv managed my habit to avoid playing when i have him, or when he’s awake i still used to let it SUCK up every other spare moment i have to the detriment of pretty much every other aspect of my life, work, family, relationships etc. My son came first, then gaming. But iv been improving my life, got weight loss surgery and lost a lot of weight. I realised in this that there was so much more to life i have been missing out on so i decided recently that its was time to make gaming part of my life story, part of nostalgic moments rather than a overarching influence and obsession in my day to day.

Its only day three for me as i write this, so i got a long way to go. But i have followed the steps, i have my goals and i am on the way. In all honesty so far its not been that hard. But iv kept busy and its x-mass time so lots to do, people to see etc. I know that come Jan and things start to slow down i best have some alternatives in place firmly!

1. i want to be successful in my business

2. i want to be fitter and healthier than I have ever been

3. i want to be the best dad, partner / family man i can be ! 

** id also like to have no financial problems LOL

I think people perceive me as confident, but unsuccessful, clever but not smart, interesting but not wise.

Id like people to see me as confident with reason, to be seen as healthier and in control of my life, that i am smart capable, wise and smart in my choices.

* more active lifestyle

*More social outlets

*Be more mindful and present in the moment

Looks like i have on average 43 more years left to live. that’s 15,705 days ! So sometime around Thursday, 21 December 2062 i might die -.- 

It is 15,705 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 42 years, 11 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Or 515 months, 29 days excluding the end date.

Yikes, better take advantage of those i guess ! because ill only be physically fit for about 80% of them if im lucky !

Challenge completed !

So things were going well. Till I opened the Razor chroma speaker system and matching mouse mat Simone had gotten me for Xmas before they knew I was quitting. Now all I can think about is hooking up my rig and hitting up a game. Worst day to have this craving and anxiety because I just want to be there for my kids and partner ! Iv tried to meditate to go to a go too. Good thing is I’m not home yet and all my gear is 45min away. So hopefully I can chill out before I am home. 

I made it ! I also returned the gameing stuff and got a Apple Watch to track my healthy active lifestyle i am aiming for ! It was a hard couple of day’s and I’m home now Xmas was great but hard because so many things I love and people know I love link to video games or nerdy stuff. But I made it ! Day 5 and feeling hopeful, but skeptic about my survival rate. 

Keep going man. And don't focus so much on "not gaming" day after day. I feel that you still identify yourself as a gamer. Focus on finding a new identity. You are not a gamer anymore. It is logical that you will not go back. You are someone else now. This is not survival: This is freedom!

Thanks ! yeah your right. I am trying to re-define myself. I am not a gamer, it was just a chapter in my life. Iv left that behind to write a new story. !

Past few days i have been posting on FB my gratutide and wirting in my journel ! i am on day 4 of my Challenge ! But have not had time to post up on hear despite reading and doing the challenges ! Feeling postive, and focused on my goals that are becoming more and more refind each day.  This is in part to a approach i am already doing that was better outlined in the book The slight Edge. That little bit of structured effort that we have to continue to develop and evolve beyond just survival and instead onto success ! Not just happy, but estatic ! Not just satisifed but instead over the dam moon ! Thats what i am aming for ! Success for me, for my son and family. time for some skill development and stratigic time managment ! 

So my morning routine !  Going to listen to this podcast about morning routines now also !

• I wake up at 6:30-7 OR if i have my son 5:00-6:00 (so i can cut in before he wakes and get my stuff done).
  • sit up, and wake up a little
  • Shower while i shower i also listen to my guided meditation because i find showers so relaxing. 
  • Dressed and ready for the day ill sit down with some breakfast 
  • Read foor 30min (most probally related to my missions at this stage)
  • Feed dogs, feed son, pack bags for the day.
  • Tidy up before i leave the house.

• Like 1

Today i did more than my routine ! even made the addition of a 30min workout into it and its going there to stay ! BUT i left my reading till now in the late afternoon while i have my coffee break at work. Then cleaned my entire house, did washing and got stuck into my meditation ! However the bug was there today, as i was getting things done i felt this need to reward myself with a session of games. I distracted myself and managed to avoid it by going for a walk with my partner and having a coffee out. 

• I wake up at 6:30-7 OR if i have my son 5:00-6:00 (so i can cut in before he wakes and get my stuff done).
  • 30 min Workout. !
  • Shower while i shower i also listen to my guided meditation because i find showers so relaxing. 
  • Dressed and ready for the day ill sit down with some breakfast 
  • Read foor 30min (most probally related to my missions at this stage)
  • Feed dogs, feed son, pack bags for the day.
  • Tidy up before i leave the house.

30 Day challenge Mission 5

Vision board ideas

• Buy a new car !
  • Go on a couples retreat or holiday
  • Go on a family holiday
  • Get more clients for my businesses so i can work solely for myself.
  • Get fitter than i have ever been
  • Get some more Ink  ( upper chest tattoo).
  • Do some home decoration and garden work (its a new house).

My vision board is attached ! Getting a A3 print at work done so i can put it up in my office at home !

Vision Board.png