NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Meal times and eating habits

TwoSidedLife

Did anyone else neglect eating when they were addicted? Ive struggled w this while im gaming and when ive quit. Ive had to focus a lot of energy on having 3 meals a day. Sometimes its all I achieve in the day. Should I be buying more food or getting interested in cooking or something? Its a bit hard since I live w my parent - They dont let me cook beef or anything while its too hot in the day or late at night (After 10).

When I used to game I often skipped eating for the whole day, until I was shaking and sweating  cold sweat at 9 o’clock in the evening I would then get up and grab anything I can eat in the kitchen.

It got really hard to eat a normal potion when I quitted. Something that helped me was my job, landscaping, a really physical job. It took me around 1 week to get close to the potion I used to eat thanks to my job. Do you have any physical activity that you enjoy doing? Try to do that. You will find yourself getting tired very quickly and your performance is much worser than before. At that time don’t be upset about yourself, because your body hasn’t done anything physical for a long time. Good that you walk the first step towards a better life style. Just take a rest whenever you need to and give your body enough time to recover. And the good thing is...you will find yourself hungry! That’s me personal advice.

Edited by BgK
Explain it more
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have had this problem too! I was super skinny because I was afraid to loose a second in online games.  I have gained 45 punds over the past 1 1/2 years . A tipp from me is to have many small meals a day, like 5 or 6.( at the start I had a very tiny stomach so I could not eat very much). Exercising also helps you when you can‘t eat, my consumption of food went up rapidly after i startet  exercising. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, TwoSidedLife said:

Did anyone else neglect eating when they were addicted

yes , for me i used to eat nothing during the day but some chocolate or ice cream etc , i heared that I have to eat 5 meals a day ! something like 2000-3000 calorie especially if i want to build muscles at the gym .

gaming triggered actually the opposite within me: The moment I started a game session in the evening, something was triggered inside me and I ordered pizza. Like way to much. Or would eat chocolate and other garbage. I would have no problem to eat two pizzas during gaming without any problems. And then everything would be fatty and messy. So disgusting. I am so great to be in better shape now and to have healthy meals on a daily basis. My best advise: Skip sugar and stupid junk food and start really eating healthy. Ofc I don't know how it feels to not eat enough. This has never been the case for me.