NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I believe everyone has the potential to be so much more...

H.C

Hello guys, 

I am a college student here and today is my first day to view gaming as my enemy and I hope that I will never be possessed by gaming for the rest of my life. I have been "hooked" to gaming since high school and until now I have spent countless hours in playing video games. At first, I saw gaming as a relaxing activity to avoid thinking about the social, academic problems that I face from the day. However, before I started to notice, I became addicted to gaming and addicted to using gaming as my escape way from my daily responsibilities. For many times, whenever I face academic and social (mostly academic) issues, I feel stressed and would play a good three to four hours of games before starting to work on my problems. Because of this, I have failed three classes in college, which really becomes a drag on my GPA. Since my plan for my right now is to go do grad school, I should really get my s**t together. Util recently, I start to see gaming as my enemy and realize that instead of relying on games to chase away the fear, I should face the fear itself and use my courage and strength to overcome it. I believe everyone has the potential to be so much more than we could possibly imagine. I hope I can make some friends along the way on this journey of new beginning. 

Edited by H.C

Hi H.C,

I have similar experiences. Since I ran away from the problems and fears, they were following behind me. They are banging at the door some of the days and waiting at the door the other days  demanding attention. Gaming makes them seemingly go away but no, and avoiding them makes my life worse. Only until I fking face them to their faces and address them then they will truly go away. But the big, huge bonus is that one can Grow so much from addressing even a small problem.

I am on my fourth day today quitting games. Glad to go together:)