NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Trust the process...

Alexanderle

Alright, what was noteworthy today?

I did everything accordingly. Only 30 grams of chips in the evening. I actually still have stuff left. I also bought some bread and sausages. So far, I would always eat them all. Like I could easily eat 5 to 8 sausages. Today, only the amount I wanted to eat. I also bought some corn wafers. The package contains 19 pieces. I usually have always eaten it right after I brought it home. Today, I ate only 4 of them. Actually my plan was to not eat them at all today, but that is fine. Overall, it is a miracle. I am quite happy about the results. Let's see, how it will continue and when I will relapse. Because, I am expecting the relapse and don't really care about it. It is part of it. Besides that, I also realized that I am perfectly able to moderate vegetables. I take the amount, I want to eat, and then I just eat that. Never really thought about it before. What makes stuff like bread so much harder? ^^ Another interesting thing is that I am eating slower. Quite the interesting side effect.

I also meditated again today and was listening to some Reiki music. Ofc the whole Reiki business is a gigantic placebo. Not scientific at all. But the music is great. Maybe, I can establish it in the evening to sleep better. Interesting, how all the sudden, I am becoming interested in meditation. I mean, as future psychologist, this stuff might be useful for sure, but that is not really the point here. This is mainly for my own relaxation.

I was talking to a female friend today for an hour. That was nice for a change. Lastly, I was a bit pissed of. The woman of my group, which I kinda liked at first turned out to be quite bitchy and impatient. Also, while the group is quite efficient, it is a bit of a bummer that the atmosphere is not really relaxed. Ofc, it is professional and everything and this is kinda what I wanted, because I also had groups, where no one is working and I had to do everything by myself. Luckily, this is not the case. But once we have something, we seem to be annoyed about something else. Jesus christ. xD

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

I removed sweets from my diet for 6 weeks during the quarantine and have lost 15 pounds. I bought sweets yesterday and I haven't touched them once. I don't use them fit stress relief anymore. It feels great. I take more joy and relief from weight loss and healthy eating now. 

That is great man. Yeah, I really think that once we skip the sweet stuff, weight loss becomes quite easy. And once they are not a means for stress relief anymore, there almost seems to be no point of eating them at all. ^^

2 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

That is great man. Yeah, I really think that once we skip the sweet stuff, weight loss becomes quite easy. And once they are not a means for stress relief anymore, there almost seems to be no point of eating them at all. ^^

I bought them as a small indulgence for enjoyment maybe once a week

I think that I am also feeling very good. The bachelor thesis requires a lot of effort right now. I have to figure out all the statistics. Especially the principal component analysis is quite annoying. Besides that, it is fine I am able to continue to moderate myself. I hope some day, I will not need yet another authoritarian rule like this. In the end, moderation is just a different side of the coin. In a sense, it is like measuring the amount of days. And then there is an arbitrary cutoff point, according to which we are behaving fine. Whether it is two eggs, 30 grams of chips, 90 days of detox or whatever it is. And everything is based on numbers. I think that once I have all of that figured out, I want to start doing things due to my feelings. Not because of numbers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BooksandTrees said:

Oddly enough it's been 5 days and I haven't eaten a bite

That is so crazy that we consider that as an odd instance. During a project meeting, people would call me strange or weird for not eating sweets like I was some kind of an alien. Of course it was without evil intentions, but people seem to accept the idea that sweets are not necessarily healthy, but still part of our diet. And then they tell you that you are missing out on something. Quite similar mechanisms like alcohol intake, where it is considered cool to get wasted and throwing up is considered an accomplishment. Weird things those legal drugs. ^^ 

• Like 1

Sometimes my mom buys sweets and they just sit in the fridge . . . STARING AT ME. Then sometimes I cave and eat one. I generally try to keep off sweets entirely too. I'm on risperdal which causes weight gain. So it seems even if I have a perfect diet I will just be on the thin side (no six pack T.T). But that's okay. I'm happy if I'm just thin I don't have to be totally shredded although that'd be even better.

11 hours ago, Erik2.0 said:

I'm happy if I'm just thin I don't have to be totally shredded although that'd be even better.

Well then get shredded. You don't have to look ridiculous with too much muscles. But a little bit definitely makes you look quite good. Doesn't even require a sixpack.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

I am still on the moderation trip. I want to not measure the chips intake for now. Just voluntarily being able to stop in the middle. Nothing more nothing less. 

I'm trying to moderate my life as well and starting to figure out how it all works. You got this dude. We're basically in long term therapy and finding our balance.

7 hours ago, Erik2.0 said:

I'm trying I pretty much gave up on a six pack. Maybe if I got a bike and went biking or somehow got into running, but I feel too tired to do more than walk usually. It's the meds

I don't think those are six-pack activities anyway. From January to mid-March, I did a few thousand sit-ups and I can now see shades of it. There is a lot of other exercises though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Erik2.0 said:

I'm trying I pretty much gave up on a six pack.

You mean that you don't know how to get it or that you are not interested? Because in order to get it, you just need to to a series of weight lifting exercises of a variation of it. Cardio will not get the job done. In general, it is just too boring for me. I see those people in the gym all the time. Mostly newbies, they just run for one hour and when I am done, they are still running. Or people who are READING, while being on the bike in the gym. It is crazy, you can see on their faces that they are not enjoying it, because it is too repetitive. What has worked for me, to change it up nicely is strong by zumba or other courses. Check them out. It is super fun and you are training quite nicely.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

We're basically in long term therapy and finding our balance.

Yeah that really is it. And I think we both made the next next really. Going from one extreme to the next. And now we balance it out.

@Erik2.0 @Ikar In simple terms to get to six-pack is just to work on abs to increase definition and volume of the muscle, and more importantly to lower body fat. Which you need negative caloric intake. HIIT is the most efficient way to burn more calories, but you can burn even more with steady state cardio over a longer period of time. It sucks that meds have such side effects, hopefully in the future you can achieve it. However, from experience I would say that most girls are not that hyped about six pack as we guys are.  

On 5/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, Alexanderle said:

That is so crazy that we consider that as an odd instance. During a project meeting, people would call me strange or weird for not eating sweets like I was some kind of an alien. Of course it was without evil intentions, but people seem to accept the idea that sweets are not necessarily healthy, but still part of our diet. And then they tell you that you are missing out on something. Quite similar mechanisms like alcohol intake, where it is considered cool to get wasted and throwing up is considered an accomplishment. Weird things those legal drugs. ^^ 

Unfortunately, most of that is driven by the food business. What I find even more troubling is how much sugar is added to pretty much everything these days, literally poisoning whole population. It is a slow poison, but the spikes in diabetes and obesity and other metabolic disorders are just increasing. I wonder how long it will take till these things change, it seems oddly similar to smoking if you think about it. The good old times when smoking was promoted as healthy.

That is the second issue with legal drugs. People are quite self destructing and knowing that the legal drugs are not healthy but do not kill you too quickly it is a good balance for and easy good feeling. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

Cardio will not get the job done. In general, it is just too boring for me. I see those people in the gym all the time. Mostly newbies, they just run for one hour and when I am done, they are still running. Or people who are READING, while being on the bike in the gym. It is crazy, you can see on their faces that they are not enjoying it, because it is too repetitive.

I find cardio to be boring nowadays as well. I was able to get 3000 meters in 12 minutes 3 years ago and I could likely do 2700 nowadays. If I absolutely had to run for an hour, I'd rather go outside into nature or a park, rather than to sit on the bike in a gym.

3 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

You mean that you don't know how to get it or that you are not interested? Because in order to get it, you just need to to a series of weight lifting exercises of a variation of it. What has worked for me, to change it up nicely is strong by zumba or other courses. Check them out. It is super fun and you are training quite nicely.

1 hour ago, Marek said:

@Erik2.0 @Ikar In simple terms to get to six-pack is just to work on abs to increase definition and volume of the muscle, and more importantly to lower body fat. Which you need negative caloric intake. HIIT is the most efficient way to burn more calories, but you can burn even more with steady state cardio over a longer period of time. It sucks that meds have such side effects, hopefully in the future you can achieve it.

I'll look into that. I do not really have any metrics or research yet, all I did was to just hit the gym every day for a few months.

1 hour ago, Marek said:

However, from experience I would say that most girls are not that hyped about six pack as we guys are.  

I think it's more about the notion that one DOES exercise than the definite results that might come over time. There are millions of ways how to exercise though.

• Like 1

@Marek @Alexanderle @Ikar I do situps. Sounds like if I added enough running and caloric deficit I could have visible abs. Well....I can try to run today. Yeah I hope the meds situation improves too. Maybe I'll just be all out of it for a few weeks while the new dosage and my body get acquainted then it'll make me less tired. Yeah I can see how girls might be less hyped about six packs. Guys definitely do seem to be into it. Something about having abs is awesome if you're a guy. 

• Like 1

@Erik2.0 I mean, a caloric deficit makes sense regarding a sixpack to have it visible. Because a layer of fat will be counter productive. But you said you were quite thin right? So instead, maybe the opposite would be the right thing to do, would'nt it? And yeah, abs are awesome. I have never felt more like a real man. ^^ 

I am not even doing this anymore to impress girls. I just like to watch myself in the mirror. I think there is nothing wrong with it, as long as I don't become a stupid gorilla or something. xD

• Like 2

Spend pretty much the whole day working on statistics. Like I would almost do nothing else, except short breaks to eat something. But I have to figure this stuff out. I was reading so much literature about the right cut-off scores and what to do. Man, this is tough. I am happy, when it is done. But thats a thesis. It requires some effort. Moderation was pretty ok, I would say. I feel quite empowered now. I am quite convinced that if I keep this up, I will eventually move to a condition without rules at all. But one step at a time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

Spend pretty much the whole day working on statistics. Like I would almost do nothing else, except short breaks to eat something. But I have to figure this stuff out. I was reading so much literature about the right cut-off scores and what to do. Man, this is tough. I am happy, when it is done. But thats a thesis. It requires some effort. Moderation was pretty ok, I would say. I feel quite empowered now. I am quite convinced that if I keep this up, I will eventually move to a condition without rules at all. But one step at a time.

We're almost there. I got hooked on 3d modeling today (check out my post), but I remembered to set limits. When I gamed, I never ate food or drank water and I'd get sick. I would be afraid to lose my friends because I was gaming in groups. So this time around I told my friend I had to go after 2 hours and grabbed lunch. I then relaxed outside again and listened to a podcast and watched my show. I then modeled for another 2 hours or 3 hours and made sure to eat dinner again. It felt very good. I hope you can be at that stage as well. We're all kind of on that line of becoming balanced I feel. We're understanding that if we don't have self control then we'll end up where we were before. It's an interesting feeling for sure.

I felt like I wanted to keep modeling, but after I got off I realized I was stressed out and I lit a candle and watched TV. Did you feel stressed after doing statistics? I'm curious.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Erik2.0 said:

I do situps. Sounds like if I added enough running and caloric deficit I could have visible abs. Well....I can try to run today. Yeah I hope the meds situation improves too. Maybe I'll just be all out of it for a few weeks while the new dosage and my body get acquainted then it'll make me less tired. Yeah I can see how girls might be less hyped about six packs. Guys definitely do seem to be into it. Something about having abs is awesome if you're a guy. 

Good luck man! I would recommend to add some more exercises such as leg raises and russian twist, for example. It definitely is a big achievement to achieve so I guess the more you know about what it takes to get it the more you can appreciate it. 

18 hours ago, Ikar said:

I think it's more about the notion that one DOES exercise than the definite results that might come over time. There are millions of ways how to exercise though.

As it is for most things in life. Journey before destination. 🙂

9 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

I am not even doing this anymore to impress girls. I just like to watch myself in the mirror. I think there is nothing wrong with it, as long as I don't become a stupid gorilla or something. xD

Who doesn't haha. Especially looking at results of your hard work will always be satisfying. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

When I gamed, I never ate food or drank water and I'd get sick. I would be afraid to lose my friends because I was gaming in groups.

Absolutely a nailbiter. I tend to forget to drink, when I am working on statistics. I also tend to forget to eat and at some point have to stop, because I cannot deal with the hunger anymore.

It felt very good. I hope you can be at that stage as well. We're all kind of on that line of becoming balanced I feel.

I agree. We are getting there. 

Did you feel stressed after doing statistics? I'm curious.

I was actually stressed. Stressed about not being successful enough. There is a method, I am pondering right now. There is no scientific evidence, which is the right cutoff score to remove an item from the analysis. I probably spend 8 hours yesterday thinking about that. This makes me stressed. But at the same time, I feel good that I am working that hard. And I was smart enough to stop in the evening and go to bed at a proper time. But I also recognized that I was sitting way to long at my desk and watching at a screen for too long. Absolutely similar to gaming. Of course it is necessary to work hard to get this right, but I feel I coould be more balanced. 

• Like 1

I am completely relaxed today. My ethics meeting went fine today. I did not care really much about the other girl, which annoyed me the other day. It was alright. Now I will start working on my statistics stuff again. I will today set a limit of one hour in which I will decide, which cutoff score to use. I have to keep going. I will get feedback from my tutor, so if something is wrong with it, he will tell me. I also have other stuff to do. So no more pondering about that. 

I will also cook some noodles later with thuna, eggs and joghurt and fry it all. I like that a lot. Today, I expect from myself to not eat everything at once, but have enough left for the evening. I am not talking about some pathetic rest, which is only existing, because it was absolutely impossible to eat it, but because I consciously decided to stop after an appropriate amount. Nothing else is planned, I will just see, how it goes. Maybe working out a bit and maybe learning for my upcoming philosophy exam. And I think, I should go outside at least once. That would be all.

Edited by Alexanderle
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Alexanderle said:

@Erik2.0 I mean, a caloric deficit makes sense regarding a sixpack to have it visible. Because a layer of fat will be counter productive. But you said you were quite thin right? So instead, maybe the opposite would be the right thing to do, would'nt it? And yeah, abs are awesome. I have never felt more like a real man. ^^ 

mann, way to go..I am working on my abs too , just to feel good 🙂
I am very proud of you,

• Like 2