NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Jami's journey to freedom

Jami

Day one

Last time I quit I had downloaded a pirated version of the gamequitters ebook and that helped me get a couple of weeks streak, then the games came back slowly into my life until I has a rough patch in my life. At that point I just start gaming compulsively instead of handling the things in my life that stress me.

I am going to have twins in about 6 weeks and my business is taking more time and energy than expected to take off, as well as having to do everything in the house since my wife can't stand up for long periods of time. All of this together creates a lot of stress and fear of the unkown, as well as being tired all the time. Gaming helps with the stress and also stimulates my mind and makes me feel like I am accomplishing something (while my work stack up and my wife feels neglected).

So it's time I face my fear head on and work on being the best man I can when my children arrive.

• Like 2

Thanks for the encouragement, it's going to be one boy and one girl ?

Day 2, no real cravings but I have the soundtrack of the last game I play and when I close my eyes I see the patterns of the gaming board (puzzle game).

Yesterday I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 9 am...guess I needed that sleep I lost when gaming!

Today felt energized to tackle some things that were making me anxious: following up with prospects (probably signing a new client in the next few months), sending invoices, paying off subcontractors, as well as going to therapy.

I decided to replace video games by exercice, since I love tracking my progress and attaining new goals and milestones. I also like crafting new programs and trying new methodologies so it will satisfy my strategy game fix.

I also joined a platform that uses gamification to build good exercice, food, etc. habits and I just spent the last 4 hours doing as many missions I  could, including doing my first workout this year, starting a food and exercice log, as well as writing 4 pages of reasons why I want to be in better shape and in control of my emotions. 

Going good so far, just need to pace myself as I can sometimes come crashing down afterwards! 

• Like 1