NEW PODCAST: Why Are New Activities Boring After You Quit Gaming?

Sign in to follow this  
Erik2.0

Erik's Daily Journal - A Better Life

3 hours ago, Erik2.0 said:

Day 86 NF 57 Np 40 Med 26

I got up at 7am today. As opposed to 930am. That's pretty big for me. I'm looking to go to fantasy writing, anime and poetry meetups in the future. I felt kind of bored today as I didn't work much. It made me think about gaming. I think I'm going to go to peets coffee and read or watch YouTube there after this just to be around other people. I spent a lot of time by myself indoors today and it just felt kind of isolated. I got some herbal tea to drink because I don't drink sugar or caffeine. It's nice to drink something other than plain water for once. 🙂 

I accomplished finishing the work week with a client.

I am grateful for herbal tea, clean water, letters, words, sentences, writing, paper, pages, ink, and the printing press.

That sounds like a good plan to get out and be around people. I don't drink anything besides water and rarely some juice. What do you write about?

Day 87 NF 56 Np 41 Med 27

Almost to two months nofap and three months no games. Go me! I'm listening to a reiki track right now and it's very soothing and calm. I enjoy this music. I'm getting up early and I'm planning to get up a little earlier to have time to meditate and go to the gym in the morning. My sleep still hasn't totally resolved, but it seems to be doing better. Just choosing to start sleeping 8.5 hours a night and that's it go about my day has been okay so far. I'm enjoying the extra 2.5 hours a day I have awake. I've been reading Naruto manga and having more time to spend with my mom. Also I have more time to post here on the forum and I'm even going to try to get into writing some poetry. I would draw more manga, but I don't really have a lot of motivation to do so right now. This is because there aren't any drawing meetups and my mom told me not to do to anime meetup because she doesn't want me watching anymore tv than I already do. I think this community could understand her sentiments with trying to limit screen time. I'm still loving herbal tea and I love water. It's so refreshing. I was pretty tired today, but my sleep book says that'll just increase my sleep drive and thus my quality of sleep will improve. Just keep sleeping and getting up at the same time no matter what and it'll give me the best chance for good sleep. I still do wakeup and feel hot or cold and can't seem to sleep through a night. God willing that will change. I'm praying more as my pastor and a friend recommended. God bless us one and all.

I accomplished finishing my work week without missing any hours. 

I am grateful for screwdrivers, flatheads, peacocks, art, table centerpieces, wooden chairs, Chinese furniture, beautiful things, rubber, plastic, and metal .

God bless

Erik

22 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

That sounds like a good plan to get out and be around people. I don't drink anything besides water and rarely some juice. What do you write about?

Yes I'm the same way with fluids. That's why I'm trying out herbal teas to add some flavor to my liquid life. I was writing a story about two good friends that are kind of recluses and balance each other out. They go on adventures, realize their potential and some dreams they were scarcely aware of themselves along the way. I felt like writing fantasy was giving me acne for some reason so I'm waiting till I get on accutane and my skin clears up to try writing again. Still giving church and poetry group a shot.

Day 88 NF 57 Np 42 Med 28

Well, the sleep thing kind of didn't work today. I got up early like usual but I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch trying to get to the gym. Then I napped for three hours. But I'm not supposed to nap at all according to the book. 😞 Hopefully it works out I'm just going to keep on with the sleep plan. 

I accomplished reading a little of a christian book.

I am grateful for grartitude, love, kindness, respect, intelligence, wisdom, cabinets, wood, mindfulness, and observation.

God bless

Erik

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Erik2.0 said:

Day 88 NF 57 Np 42 Med 28

Well, the sleep thing kind of didn't work today. I got up early like usual but I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch trying to get to the gym. Then I napped for three hours. But I'm not supposed to nap at all according to the book. 😞 Hopefully it works out I'm just going to keep on with the sleep plan. 

I accomplished reading a little of a christian book.

I am grateful for grartitude, love, kindness, respect, intelligence, wisdom, cabinets, wood, mindfulness, and observation.

God bless

Erik

I was/am also very tired today. Sometimes after a long week it can compound a bit. I would say be happy that you recognized your body's need to relax and rest a bit. You've been working out a lot and working a lot as well as maintaining good habits and avoiding bad ones. That takes a lot of mental energy and physical energy. It's good to rest sometimes.