NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

29 y.o. starting out

Scott L

Hello,

I played video games this morning before work, a grindy gem called heroes of hammerwatch, and hopefully it was my last time touching a video game. I've been sinking hours into RPGs since I was kid. When I had some autonomy at university is when I started being able to  dedicate most of my waking hours to video games.

*fast forward*

I recently got married - my wedding was beautiful and I love my wife - but around the same time I had a big falling out with my only brother, and instead of dealing the issue and these feelings, I started playing a lot of games again, and just about a month into my marriage I'm in a really unhealthy relationship with my family and my wife. Gaming isn't to blame for these issues, but my compulsion to game is making my life so much harder.

Even without this family issue going on, I was constantly staying up into the wee hours of the morning playing games and spending the rest of my day daydreaming about them and I know I can't possibly be a good human let alone a good husband if I can never be in the moment in real life. I have so much i still want to do in my career and with music (my most prevelant hobby) and I don't see a future with video games where that's possible. I really hope that this is something I can stick with and reading other stories has been really heartening.

Thank you for reading and hopefully I'll still be on board tomorrow.

Best of luck to you all,

Scott