NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Painful Addiction

weemsdc

Welcome to my journal. Let me start off by talking about myself. I’m in highschool and I’ve been addicted to video games for many years and I need to quit. The reason I’ve decided to quit is because gaming has taken control of my life. I have no dreams or goals, no motivation, and a horrible self destructive personality all because of gaming. But I want to change. I want to take my life back and actually live it instead of staring at a screen in a dark room all day like a goblin.

My goal is to not play video games for 30 days. Today I have made my first steps to sobriety from gaming by getting rid of my gear. I deleted everything from my PC and gifted it to my mom, and removed all of my games from my PS4 (I will still keep my PS4 because I use it for watching Netflix). With my new spare time I’ll be mostly watching anime, working out, and doing schoolwork. This journal will be my method of staying motivated and hopefully I’ll survive the whole 30 days.

• Like 1

Good luck mate! My advice: you should try to do things which are actually meaningful for you instead of grinding right into the next addiction like binge watching anime/movies/series. Get some hobbys which are fun for you, it will feel a lot of better than just to do something so you can forget about the gaming

2 hours ago, Adminiculum said:

Good luck mate! My advice: you should try to do things which are actually meaningful for you instead of grinding right into the next addiction like binge watching anime/movies/series. Get some hobbys which are fun for you, it will feel a lot of better than just to do something so you can forget about the gaming

Thank you for the comment! I’m trying to start working out instead of gaming, but there’s not much else I can think of doing. I don’t have any goals or anything so it’s hard to find replacements. I’m quite antisocial so I spend all of my free time at home in my room.

18 hours ago, weemsdc said:

Thank you for the comment! I’m trying to start working out instead of gaming, but there’s not much else I can think of doing. I don’t have any goals or anything so it’s hard to find replacements. I’m quite antisocial so I spend all of my free time at home in my room.

I understand. There are mainly two groups of gamers. People who dont have any targets in life, they just game because its the only thing they can and they like to do. The other group is full of people who actually have many life goals, many things they want to do, but because its tough to start those things and its actually work and it brings stress, people are playing games to forget all this pressure.

You are in highschool so you have time to think about what you want in life. I would really give you the advice to do research on that. You need goals. Otherwise its tough to stop gaming if you have nothing you actually work for daily