NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

[DETOX] Japanese language phone app game

EpicJ0J0

Do ya'll think playing a phone app game for learning Japanese is a bad idea? I found an app called earthlingo and it's really cool. You walk around clicking on different objects/people and it tells you the name and how to say it in Japanese. I don't want to ruin the progress I've made in the past 7 days though so I thought I'd get some opinions.

Edited by EpicJ0J0

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say it's always better to play it safe if you've decided that you have an addiction and are serious about wanting to quit. It might reopen that neural pathway enough that you'll be back in the addiction before you know it.

I apply the same logic to alcohol (I have been sober for about 2 years). I don't mess around with non-alcoholic beer because I had a bad experience with it in early sobriety.

If you have identified video games as a destructive force in your life, as in it takes away much more than it gives you, it's not really a smart thing to test the waters with moderation or making an exception for an educational game. This is just my opinion obviously, but it does come from someone who is experienced in overcoming addiction.

Good luck,

Tetsuo