NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Icandothis journal

Icandothis

Things have been super heavy.  

So I bought I book of puzzles and it is really enjoyable. I realize this is an escape/distraction... but I feel it does not have the addictive quality of online games. 

Also, I made tea out of the wild elderberry flowers. Oh my.... did it relax me. It felt really soothing and comforting. It’s smelled like of blend of chamomile and cinnamon. So lovely. 

Thank you for being here friends. Page from my puzzle book.  

2263535F-CD71-4051-8BF5-3AD057B2F6C6.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Icandothis said:

Things have been super heavy.  

So I bought I book of puzzles and it is really enjoyable. I realize this is an escape/distraction... but I feel it does not have the addictive quality of online games. 

Also, I made tea out of the wild elderberry flowers. Oh my.... did it relax me. It felt really soothing and comforting. It’s smelled like of blend of chamomile and cinnamon. So lovely. 

Thank you for being here friends. Page from my puzzle book.  

2263535F-CD71-4051-8BF5-3AD057B2F6C6.jpeg

Is the elderberry from the ones you collected the other day and took a picture of? I'm glad you found a new puzzle. I was thinking of doing puzzles at some point. I used to love those "I Spy" books as a kid as well.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2020 at 12:20 PM, BooksandTrees said:

Is the elderberry from the ones you collected the other day and took a picture of? I'm glad you found a new puzzle. I was thinking of doing puzzles at some point. I used to love those "I Spy" books as a kid as well.

Yes!

The tea was from the flowers I collected. It was so delicious. 

• Like 2

When it seems as if the dark cold despair has overwhelmed all hope

Let me remember 

Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when it is still dark

Today: Chemo treatment 5/12. These treatments are just horrid. 

Would you please pray or send love? Thank you. 

309D4B6D-67FD-477B-B808-E85EBBE77031.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Icandothis said:

When it seems as if the dark cold despair has overwhelmed all hope

Let me remember 

Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when it is still dark

Today: Chemo treatment 5/12. These treatments are just horrid. 

Would you please pray or send love? Thank you. 

309D4B6D-67FD-477B-B808-E85EBBE77031.jpeg

Good luck today and this week with treatment. Sending you well wishes and love for your treatment. 

• Like 3

Thank you for all the love. I am very grateful for the support of this community. 

Chemo round 5, Day 2.  Feeling ok.  Just another 24 hours until my pump can be taken off. 

I am sending joy and serenity to everyone. May we all take a chance today to slow down and notice the beauty and magic in the small things. Thank you for listening. 

• Like 4

Thank you for all the love. I am very grateful for the support of this community. 

Chemo round 5, Day 2.  Feeling ok.  Just another 24 hours until my pump can be taken off. 

I am sending joy and serenity to everyone. May we all take a chance today to slow down and notice the beauty and magic in the small things. Thank you for listening. 

You're doing such an amazing job and continue to be an inspiration to all of us every day. 24 hours left to go! You got this.

• Like 2

Thank you friends.

Day 3/4 - Knock down miserable.

Day 5 - Feeling much improved. 

I was so weak and could not get out of bed... I had to stay at a hotel due to my toxicity and the staff got me flowers. 

Psalm 30:2 as been on my heart. Have a beautiful day friends.

D584CA98-990B-4D53-9958-D6AC8D911DF7.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Icandothis said:

Thank you friends.

Day 3/4 - Knock down miserable.

Day 5 - Feeling much improved. 

I was so weak and could not get out of bed... I had to stay at a hotel due to my toxicity and the staff got me flowers. 

Psalm 30:2 as been on my heart. Have a beautiful day friends.

D584CA98-990B-4D53-9958-D6AC8D911DF7.jpeg

Wishing you well wishes and lots of love during this time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what to say anymore. I am completely broken, lost and confused. 

I don’t know which way is up or down and I feel like a buoy in the water being tossed around by waves. 

I have been spending all of my energy meditating and praying, focusing on my breath and my spirit. 

Tomorrow is round 6 out of 12. Would you please pray... especially for my kids?

Ephesians 3:17 And I pray that you may grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. 

Thank you for being here.

• Like 4

I don’t know what to say anymore. I am completely broken, lost and confused. 

I don’t know which way is up or down and I feel like a buoy in the water being tossed around by waves. 

I have been spending all of my energy meditating and praying, focusing on my breath and my spirit. 

Tomorrow is round 6 out of 12. Would you please pray... especially for my kids?

Ephesians 3:17 And I pray that you may grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. 

Thank you for being here.

I hope you and your kids have the health and protection needed. Stay strong and good luck tomorrow for round 6 of 12. Waves come and go, the buoy stays steadfast and gives guidance to the ships to steer the course. 

You got this.

• Like 2

Just seeing your posts about this (not around on the forums very much nowadays). So sorry to hear about this.

May the Almighty bring down the cure along with serenity and contentment in Him. 

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." ~Rumi

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all-

I just want to say thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers and love. It really means so much to me. 

Round 5 of chemo was horrid. But round 6 was “ok”.  I can’t help but feel that all love I receive from so many, including on this forum is helping me. 

I made the really hard decision to put my little boy in daycare. I am nervous about CoVid, but it has become almost impossible to chase around after him while feeling so bad. 

You are right.... these waves of grief and emotion pass. I am so very hopeful this season of cancer will pass too. 

I have another round of chemo starting Monday. But hoping to enjoy a couple days here being symptom free. Thank you friends. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Icandothis said:

Hi all-

I just want to say thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers and love. It really means so much to me. 

Round 5 of chemo was horrid. But round 6 was “ok”.  I can’t help but feel that all love I receive from so many, including on this forum is helping me. 

I made the really hard decision to put my little boy in daycare. I am nervous about CoVid, but it has become almost impossible to chase around after him while feeling so bad. 

You are right.... these waves of grief and emotion pass. I am so very hopeful this season of cancer will pass too. 

I have another round of chemo starting Monday. But hoping to enjoy a couple days here being symptom free. Thank you friends. 

Stay strong! Thinking of you always and hoping for the best. I hope your child is ok in daycare. Tough to control those situations. 

• Like 2

Thank you friends. 

Today is another beautiful day. Hoping to get out on a walk so I can post a nature picture again. It brings me so much joy. 

Oh... yesterday was also 11 months game free. We can do this. We can quit gaming for the long term. We can then face trials and heartbreak... and instead of escaping to games... we can use this as an opportunity for connection. ( I am writing this for myself  💙)

The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, it’s human connection. 

Have a beautiful day friends.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Icandothis said:

Oh... yesterday was also 11 months game free. We can do this. We can quit gaming for the long term. We can then face trials and heartbreak... and instead of escaping to games... we can use this as an opportunity for connection. ( I am writing this for myself  💙)

Keep up the fight. We're in this together 🙂

• Like 2