NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Icandothis journal

Icandothis

2 hours ago, Icandothis said:

On my childhood trauma. 

“You were so quiet, stayed out of the way, didn’t need anything. You were so good.” 

I learned that in order to survive it’s important “not to be a child”.

Lots of tears today. 

Awe sending you well wishes to feel better. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Erik2.0 said:

Awesome! How many sets? I do push ups too and do three sets. Can you do like full form push ups? Most people can't do them even less can do a pull up.

Lol. I do girl push ups. Is that even correct to say? I have never had the upper body strength to do multiple push up. 

I do chaturanga during my Series B, but these are always interspersed with up/down dogs, lunges, etc... never back to back. 

The push ups is part of the app... but they aren’t my favorite. 

Have a beautiful day 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Icandothis said:

On my childhood trauma. 

“You were so quiet, stayed out of the way, didn’t need anything. You were so good.” 

I learned that in order to survive it’s important “not to be a child”.

Lots of tears today. 

Little did they know they were equating "good" with "robot" and that humans are not robots. It's still better to know that now than never at least 🙂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Icandothis said:

Lol. I do girl push ups. Is that even correct to say? I have never had the upper body strength to do multiple push up. 

I do chaturanga during my Series B, but these are always interspersed with up/down dogs, lunges, etc... never back to back. 

The push ups is part of the app... but they aren’t my favorite. 

Have a beautiful day 

Thank you. Those chaturanga are real push ups.  There’s no shame in doing girl push ups haha. It takes a long time of consistent effort to get strong . Slow and steady

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Icandothis said:

Day 13 - cold shower

Experiencing my very quiet and introspective time of month. 

Something that is calling to me - how to have grace and courage during times of trial. 

Have a beautiful day my friends!

Is this day 13 of cold showers or day 13 on a new gameless streak? I don't seem to remember a relapse but just wanted to be sure. 

• Like 1

Something I am struggling with. How to live as a woman in a corporate world. 

A world where you are not allowed to be sick, you push harder, put on your game face. 

My body and intuition are screaming at me to honor my monthly cycle. I am the moon.  And if I don’t, I will get physically sick.

This same pattern has occurred over and over again in my life. 

I honor and deeply respect the path I travel. 

E62BEE27-49AF-45FD-B690-93BE172B5DCE.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Icandothis said:

Something I am struggling with. How to live as a woman in a corporate world. 

A world where you are not allowed to be sick, you push harder, put on your game face. 

Have you already found a job and they treat you like this? Is this from prior experiences? I remember you saying you haven't worked in years to care for your children.

I don't mean to sound rude or "a typical guy who doesn't understand", but women in my office are treated better than men and it's a traditionally male dominated field. We have lots of women in leadership positions and I think are getting to the point where they're mostly hiring women. We provide women more benefits for childbirth and sick time/short term leave for it. 

My point is that if you've been out of the work force for as long as I'm guessing I think you might be pleasantly surprised with how much things are changing at a good amount of companies. Even the companies my friends work at, in different disciplines and fields, have improved the quality of life in general and specifically for women in the office. If this is something you're nervous about then I am hopeful companies around your area are adopting the same practices that companies on the east coast are pushing.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 5:52 PM, BooksandTrees said:

Have you already found a job and they treat you like this? Is this from prior experiences? I remember you saying you haven't worked in years to care for your children.

I don't mean to sound rude or "a typical guy who doesn't understand", but women in my office are treated better than men and it's a traditionally male dominated field. We have lots of women in leadership positions and I think are getting to the point where they're mostly hiring women. We provide women more benefits for childbirth and sick time/short term leave for it. 

My point is that if you've been out of the work force for as long as I'm guessing I think you might be pleasantly surprised with how much things are changing at a good amount of companies. Even the companies my friends work at, in different disciplines and fields, have improved the quality of life in general and specifically for women in the office. If this is something you're nervous about then I am hopeful companies around your area are adopting the same practices that companies on the east coast are pushing.

Thank you for your post. Yes, I have been told that due to the “me too” and “ times up” movement, things are changing for women. 

I live in the Pacific Northwest and many of the companies out here are supposedly very progressive. 

The last time I worked was 3 years ago for a healthcare company in Texas. It was extremely toxic. Ironically, everyone in my office was a woman and they were not supportive at all. 

Without going into too much detail, I am disabled 2 days of every month due to my moon cycle. FMLA will provide protection, but only if the company is of a certain size. And I have to be an actually employee for a certain number of months. 

This was all triggered because I was offered a contract position for a very good wage. I told the recruiter about my disability... and the offer was rescinded. My friend told me I should have just called out sick those days...but the contract said I could be terminated if I did not work the agreed upon hours. 

I am frustrated due to lack of awareness, understanding and inclusivity. 

Thank you for listening. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Icandothis said:

Thank you for your post. Yes, I have been told that due to the “me too” and “ times up” movement, things are changing for women. 

I live in the Pacific Northwest and many of the companies out here are supposedly very progressive. 

The last time I worked was 3 years ago for a healthcare company in Texas. It was extremely toxic. Ironically, everyone in my office was a woman and they were not supportive at all. 

Without going into too much detail, I am disabled 2 days of every month due to my moon cycle. FMLA will provide protection, but only if the company is of a certain size. And I have to be an actually employee for a certain number of months. 

This was all triggered because I was offered a contract position for a very good wage. I told the recruiter about my disability... and the offer was rescinded. My friend told me I should have just called out sick those days...but the contract said I could be terminated if I did not work the agreed upon hours. 

I am frustrated due to lack of awareness, understanding and inclusivity. 

Thank you for listening. 

That's frustrating, but it makes sense. I won't comment on toxicity between male and female dynamics other than I actually agree with what you wrote about your Texas office from my experience at other jobs in my past. Cut-throat, toxic cliques are a menace to society much like other things.

I'm very proud of you for getting in contact with that company. It's bullshit and potentially illegal of them to deny you an opportunity to work with them due to equal opportunity employment laws. That's not a company you want to work for anyways. I have no doubt you'll find an employer who will provide you with a good opportunity. 

Thanks for sharing your story and I hope you will one day feel better during your health issues each month if at all possible. I know you'll find something. 

• Like 3