NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I am addicted to video games

Stepan

Hello there,my name is Stepan and I am from the Czech Republic,I  am 17 yrs old and I am addicted to videogames and I don't know what to do.

I play around 6 to 8 hours per day and on Saturdays and Fridays its close to 10 to 13. Videogames have ruined my life I wish I could go back in time to just break my computer. I have spent over 500€ on videogames and it would help me if you could give me some tips. 

-Thank you, Stepan.

hello stepan !

if you read my topics and replays you see i said i reduced my gaming time alot , from 8-10 hours a day to 2 hours a day. i belived if you use game in right way then it does't harm you . but there is no such thing. i deleted my games compeletly from my laptop even tho i have nothing to do before university starts . but its better to do nothing than gaming. i swear when i don't play games i start to imagine my goals in life. game is like a chain for mind and doesn't let us thing about anything . so your first step is to delete all of them and control your mind . start make a plan for your life and set things right. good luck !

On 9/8/2019 at 7:32 AM, Stepan said:

I don't know what to do.

That's pretty normal for quitting, nobody knows what to do (Unless they've quit before). I'm still not committed again to quitting, but starting is the hardest part imo. It's good you've come as far as to recognise you want to stop, that's the most crucial step.

If you haven't already, uninstall your games on your PC (As well as any software things, like steam). If you've willing to, you can also delete your account. It's mostly just important to create as many 'hurdles' in the way of the games as possible. If you've got a console, pack that stuff away in storage somewhere. You could even give it to a friend to hold onto for you (Make sure it's someone you trust tho that won't go against your decision to quit).

Additionally, there's guides around here on how to delete your account(s) if you're interested in doing that. If you're concerned about game save files, put that stuff on a USB and pack it away. If you've been into gaming content on social media, like gaming vids for example, it's a good idea to clear your history, likes, subscriptions ect. on all those different things. It mostly eliminates the gaming stuff you'll see later on.

As for what to do with your life next, that's where your journey begins. Time to find some hobbies and things that interest you. There's a tool here on gamequitters - https://gamequitters.com/hobby-tool/. You can also use other sources, like wikipedia  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies. Wikipedia's sources will branch off into other 'sub' areas you can explore further too. Just make a list of the stuff you want to try, then try it out.

Be sure to check back here or ask any questions if you need any help along the way! It's a big process, with huge results.

Edited by TwoSidedLife
Links look messed up