NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Should I play WoW classic?

Guys, I’m out of playing any digital games about 5 months. Yesterday I created 3 characters on a server of wow classic that will be open on 26/07. WoW was one of my best games, and brings me a lot of happy and sad memories. And the launch of the classic version is breaking me down. What should I do? Keep strong or give a chance to this game experience? Thanks! 

Hey Stivmorrison,

Playing WoW classic is a personal decision you can make. I get the good memories with the game. Just ask yourself one question before you do. Do you want to undo the hard work you put into getting up to 5 months without games? Will this game benefit you at all other than going down memory lane?

I wish you the best with what you choose my friend. ?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Imo, they probably brought it back because they weren't getting as many players anymore. As a company who wants to make money, they didn't solely bring it back for people to enjoy and be happy. It's only a very small percentage of players that make the company insanely rich. These players are more like cash cows and end up spending thousands. More players = more chance of cash cows.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:27 AM, TwoSidedLife said:

Imo, they probably brought it back because they weren't getting as many players anymore. As a company who wants to make money, they didn't solely bring it back for people to enjoy and be happy. It's only a very small percentage of players that make the company insanely rich. These players are more like cash cows and end up spending thousands. More players = more chance of cash cows.

U are fucking right man! These companys just want to grind people for money. And they make the game vicious as more these can be. This is pure trasssh. We are gamers no cash cowsss

Edited by Stivmorrison
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 7:29 AM, Stivmorrison said:

U are fucking right man! These companys just want to grind people for money. And they make the game vicious as more these can be. This is pure thasssh. We are gamers no cash cowsss

That's right! I used to be a huge WoW fanatic. Did over 4200 different quests on one toon, around 720 hours of gameplay if I remember correctly and believe me when I say I wish I would have spent those 720 hours with real people and who knows what I might have accomplished. I might have a girlfriend and tons of real life friends. If you want my personal opinion, don't return to WoW, please. It is simply not worth it, it is drug for gamers. 

But two things I wanna add and that are important to know: 

- Blizzard is now owned by Activision, I believe. Activision are known to want to make cash and make more cash. They are actively pushing for WoW to make them more money so mounts cost almost $40, are you serious?!? 40$ for a little dragon? That's the price of a Nintendo Switch game! They want to grind us of our money for the sake of their shareholders. 

-The gold system and the whole Ah are fuc*ed and what did they do to fix them, introduce WoW tokens! More money for Activision and things are so overpriced in World of Warcraft now. I believe it is a problem they are not fixing because it benefits them. You almost have to buy tokens to buy things on the Auction House. That or you farm for days and weeks. 

We are not cash cows and at this rate, I would much rather spend all that money on myself, be it a gym membership or meet-ups with friends.

So don't play Classic, it is not worth it and keep strong, we will all beat this addiction, one day at a time. ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WoW Classic is what I had in mind. I was playing Vanilla at the time, but never experienced the content of the endgame (was level 56 TBC start). Now I have the opportunity to relive the experience before level 60 and now experience the endgame as well.

I'm currently level 31 (Warrior - Polemistes / Whitemane). Every level, quest, and mob pull feels so rewarding. It feels good to pull two mobs at once and survive! It is invigorating to draw three mobs and survive with 2 health remaining! It makes you want to push the limits to see how much you can really handle. Grinding classic wow gold is hard work! While in retail almost everything is handed over to you. And I love that aspect of Classic. So happy it's here. And if you like it, just play it, but just treat it as a game!

Edited by Jannick

• 1 year later...
On 9/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, Jannick said:

WoW Classic is what I had in mind. I was playing Vanilla at the time, but never experienced the content of the endgame (was level 56 TBC start). Now I have the opportunity to relive the experience before level 60 and now experience the endgame as well.

I'm currently level 31 (Warrior - Polemistes / Whitemane). Every level, quest, and mob pull feels so rewarding. It feels good to pull two mobs at once and survive! It is invigorating to draw three mobs and survive with 2 health remaining! It makes you want to push the limits to see how much you can really handle. Grinding classic wow gold is hard work! While in retail almost everything is handed over to you. And I love that aspect of Classic. So happy it's here. And if you like it, just play it, but just treat it as a game!

Hi @Jannick I have followed some of your replies to other people who are struggling with the release of WoW classic. To be honest, I find your replies invalidating. By telling others who are apprehensive about playing or want to quit to "just" treat it as a game is really disregarding how damaging games can be for those with gaming disorder. Sure you might be in 98% of people who can game casually without dysfunction, for the other 2% gaming is a real struggle. Not sure who is moderating these forums lately but I've flagged it with @Cam Adairwho expressed how despite urges to play he knows he can't play this game.
@Stivmorrison how did you go? I'm currently supporting someone who is considering playing lich king classic. I would appreciate any kind of update. Thanks 

Edited by CG EYE