NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello, wish we all can success

I'm a game addicater living in China, and I've been addicted in a mobile moba game like Lengends of League  for more than two years. Now I'm in grade 3 of my four-year bachelor course, I'm very afraid that I will not be able to survive in the society. For so long, I've been regarding games as a way of escaping from my failure in real life and get the feeling of beating others. But in real life, I'm never that smart and strong as in the fake game world, and I want to save myself by starting to quit game. And I will try my best to do that. So I joined the forum after watching the video Video of Game Quitter , now I'd like to be with you guys all and sicerely hope that you can help me if I feel it so hard. From now on, I gonna post a journal every two days(because I am studying CS everyday and may not get so much stuffs to record here, another reason is that I'm a little bit lazy :) ). That's all, thanks for watching.

Sincerely,董雄。

• Like 2

@dxzmpk_CN Congrats, 董雄。You've taken your first step toward freedom. It will be a difficult journey, but quitting gaming is certainly possible with determination and a little help from your friends (us fellow forum members ?)

You're mindset really resonates with me. I have a very troubling addiction to League of Legends myself and have tried for a long time to quit playing. Gaming completely wrecked my GPA (the U.S. education metric) and my social life while I was in college. But I made it through, I have a decent job, and now I'm happy to tell you I haven't played any video games (or watched any gaming content) in 12 days.

I can tell you now though. You are smarter and stronger than you think! You had the wits and the power to know that it was time to stop gaming and decided to quit. Don't discount this first step. Use this step and every single one after as a reminder and a source of strength.

P.S. I graduated with a degree in CS and work as web developer now. If you need any help with school, or anything for that matter, feel free to send me a DM.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:48 AM, kwshake said:

@dxzmpk_CN Congrats, 董雄。You've taken your first step toward freedom. It will be a difficult journey, but quitting gaming is certainly possible with determination and a little help from your friends (us fellow forum members ?)

You're mindset really resonates with me. I have a very troubling addiction to League of Legends myself and have tried for a long time to quit playing. Gaming completely wrecked my GPA (the U.S. education metric) and my social life while I was in college. But I made it through, I have a decent job, and now I'm happy to tell you I haven't played any video games (or watched any gaming content) in 12 days.

I can tell you now though. You are smarter and stronger than you think! You had the wits and the power to know that it was time to stop gaming and decided to quit. Don't discount this first step. Use this step and every single one after as a reminder and a source of strength.

P.S. I graduated with a degree in CS and work as web developer now. If you need any help with school, or anything for that matter, feel free to send me a DM.

@kwshake Thanks for your reply, kwshake. Your story and words have really brought me a lot of confidence towards life. I really appreciate that. I think the thing that brothers me most is that the disire to restart gaming is just like a time bomb. I don't feel I have a peaceful mind at any time. Thanks for saying that I have the wits and the power, and I will try my best to overcome the bad moods. By the way, sorry for my poor English. :64_zipper_mouth:

On 8/6/2019 at 7:06 AM, dxzmpk_CN said:

I think the thing that brothers me most is that the disire to restart gaming is just like a time bomb. I don't feel I have a peaceful mind at any time. Thanks for saying that I have the wits and the power, and I will try my best to overcome the bad moods.

I know that feeling - the anxiety that comes from thinking "it's only a matter of time until I mess up and game again". That self-doubt is natural for anyone trying to break a bad habit.

Best thing to alleviate self-doubt? Self-praise.

You need to praise & worship yourself for every day you don't play.

I'm not sure how prevalent or acceptable self-praise is in Chinese culture but I feel like here in the States, most people see self-praise as arrogant or boastful. And I find that we instead become hypercritical of ourselves and become our own worst enemy.

You have to get past the (invalid) idea that praising yourself is wrong or prideful. 

Try some daily self-praise and let me know how it goes. It may feel awkward at first because we are used to a negative voice in our heads. Just keep trying and that positive voice will start to be much louder.

Good luck!

P.S. You don't have poor English, it's pretty good for a non-native. So don't worry about it around here.