NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My child likes to play car games online

Saut

My child likes to play car games online https://www.topspeed.com/car-games/car-games/, and of course I decided to read about online games for children, and to my surprise, I found articles that recommend to allow children in online games, because to become a good player, a player needs to think well. In the same online strategies, a player needs to figure out his own moves and the actions of his enemies in order to win. And such games are equivalent to a chess game.
What do you think about this?

You are going to find articles online both that are for and against doing that. You have to do what you feel is best for your child. Now go and seek the articles that say the opposite of what you found out. Which do you believe in?

• Like 1

Agreed @BrassWolf

There are two sides to every coin. Like anything else I think temperance is key. Unfortunately for most of us, temperance wasn't possible.

@Saut, I would at least limit the amount he or she plays per week, and even remove video games entirely on certain days of the week.

From personal experience, I grew up on video games, and while I've done pretty well for myself, I still have an addiction that stopped me from doing even better. And it would be my guess that the groundwork for this addiction was laid when I first started playing for extended sessions multiple days in a row. (12-15).

Now I'm not sure how old your child is but I would venture to say: the younger they start playing for long periods of time, the more likely they will have problems with video games 10, 20 years in the future.

So, imo, just keep an eye on it and don't let it become a regular thing.