NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 day detox for 100th time

Jordan2020

It feels like this is the 100th time ive started trying to detox and failed. This time I feel as there truly is a difference. Last night I looked at my life and hated the direction it was heading and having literally nothing to my name that was earned and not given. It made me feel horrible. I also have family members I need to connect with again that there are strained relationships. I want do big things in life and I cant do them till I stop procrastinating. I want so many things that it overwhelms me to the point of wanting to give up. I have this sense of I have to do everything such as the read the books, get good grades at school, schedule my days, take care of my dog and chores, work on my business, work on the skills to get better at business. There is so much to do. I just need to start randomly and check things off the list as I go apparently cuz im just so overwhelmed that Ill be doing something and while Im doing that thing other things pop into my head that I have to get done for that day. Wish me luck though again lol.

• Like 3

If you do it for the 100th time, i do it for the 99th time. Good to see you are still going though. Maybe it feels like failing, but 10 years from now you'll remember each time you detoxed, each time you tried to change something. 

Lets start crossing everything off that list!

I heard the 100th time is the charm!

Trying to address everything wrong in your life can be overwhelming. And this overwhelming feeling can lead to the desire for escapism. And the best way to escape real life is gaming. So try taking small steps one project after the other.To avoid the overwhelming and the resulting escapism.

Today kind of started as a blah day then I was able to turn it around. I woke up around 3am because I went to bed around 8pm and I wasn’t tired and I tried going back to sleep but couldn’t. I decided to stay up and I kept having the thought of giving up on my whole business idea I want and just go to school and have fun or work hard on my business and school and have fun. Then I just layed in bed and watched YouTube videos till about 10am. I felt miserable then the thought of just getting up and getting stuff done helped me change it around. I got my chores done, I ate, I created a game plan for my future, found a good routine that’ll work out a lot. Sometimes I’m just going to have to play the business, school and fun by ear this school year but I want to do big things so I’ll do all 3. I also thought about giving into video games today but I didn’t. Today is also officially the longest time I have gone without relapsing which is today would be number 4. I know 86 more days is to come but I got this. I got some other things going on tonight to finish my day strong. Anyways starting tomorrow with the routine journal I will not be doing what I’m doing now in it. Im going to write down the amount of days I’m on for the detox. Then I will say 3 greatfuls, 3 outcomes I want out of the day, and what my identity will be for that day. Anyways I’m glad I changed my day around thank God. See you guys tomorrow!

• Like 3

Hey Jordan,  if you have the determine and courage to stick with it for the 100th time I know you will figure it out. I must have tried 1000's of times but remained determined and commited to quiting, and deep down I knew that's what I wanted, even though at many times I was convinced otherwise. What ive learned is each day is a learning opportunity, try different things, I can't tell you how much money ive lost buying and selling consoles, what seems to be working for me is working, I am spending alot of my time out of the house and at work, and slowly trying to build newer and healthier habits and ways to spend my time. Commiting to being social has also been a big part of it, I don't have many friends at this time, but reaching out and connecting with old friends has been part of the process along with dedicating blocks of time to becoming the person I want to be! 

Good luck to you my friend, remember when you feel challenged, that every time overcome an obstacle, you move closer to your goal, and every time you fail, you have an opportunity to grow and succeed the next time by identifying why, there is no losing in this game of life, only growing if you choose it. Congrats on Day 4, its also one of my longest streaks at Day 7! I've already started to notice how my life has begun to change, like you these days are flooded with all these repressed ideas I have, so many creative juices finally having the time to flow, over time we will have the ability to refine them and focus on the ones that are the most important to us, as quitting gaming is also a journey of finding yourself. 

Good Luck Jordan! 

Well today is my 2nd day of the detox because I relapsed again. Today is going to be a good day. I will not procrastinate like I normally do. Today I will be a action taker and never stop going and build that momentum. I want to work on being the 1% in the world which I have a long way to go. Today I am grateful to be breathing, my last year of high school starts tomorrow, I still have time to do big things in life, I have a family who cares for me, I am starting to make money from my online business that I started 3 months ago. Today I plan on eating healthy and eating all 3 meals. I always had a habit of skipping eating when I played video games. I also am working on a relationship with a possible girlfriend, I am working on closing 3 more deals today for my business. Today will be a good day because I’m going to make sure it will!

• Like 2

Today is my 3rd day of my 90 day detox. I don’t know what holds me today. Today is my last year of my senior year and I want this year to go great along with my business at home that I’m working on everyday after school. Today I am grateful for my family, dog, one last year of school, and my future. Today I am going to be an action taker that will not be sucked into the 99% way of living and I will live today at the top 1%. Today so far I am good on my routine and not procrastinating but I have about 14hrs to go. Today I plan on working 2 hours on my business, working on my friendships at school and being more social, and getting a good exercise routine going in weightlifting class. Wish me luck today and forever!

• Like 1

Here are a few words of advice.....If there's anything I've learned (this is my 2nd day).

You much look at your life and create a goal. 

Make small manageable task to achieve that goal.

Look at your previous successes for motivation. You might even need a mentor to help you plan some of your life out. The forum would be a great place!

(I also work with a personal development coach) so if anyone needs help I'll be happy to ask my mentor 

Today was my 4th day of my detox. I almost relapsed last night but I didn’t give into the cravings which are super bad by the way. This is the first time I’ve been able to strongly withhold. I have relapsed many times because I couldn’t say no to the cravings so I guess this is progress. I also had a good day at school. Yesterday I was depressed because there is a girl I met in a class and I wanted to talk to her and get to know her and she said that she doesn’t think I’m the right person for her and I’ll find someone else and that really got to me. It’s like a scratch you will never be able to scratch which really bugs me. I’ve known her and liked her for about a year now and this is the first time I’ve had the courage to say something and it hurt and it makes me want to give up on trying stuff because I have been rejected in many relationships I want. It makes me want to give up on success because it is like who am I going to ever share my success with if I can’t get a simple girlfriend. I talked to her for a bit but it still didn’t help much. Now I feel like a zombie creating my success just for the sake of it. I’m not motivated I just do it. It makes hard to explain. But other than that happening yesterday. I’ve been watching my favorite show to calm myself. I’m also recreating a routine that is not as stressful so wish me luck!

• Like 1

Do you mind if I join you in this thread?  I have struggled with gaming addiction for almost 20 years (I started on the NES).  I have tried to quit over and over again.  So, I'm not sure if this is my 50th or 150th attempt at detox.  But only recently I have tried to do it in a structured and connected way.  It reminds me of when I use to go running at a local trail.  As I was running I would pass some runners and some runners would pass me.  But then there were those runners who were almost matching my pace.  I would either try to keep up with them or let them slowly pass me.  Either way, I got a better run out of it.

Maybe we can do that for each other.  Today is day 1 for me.  

I typically game very late at night.  And the rationalization is that I can't stop playing.  It will be too hard and hurt too much.  I won't be able to fall asleep.  I can control it.  If I play certain kinds of games then it can be helpful..........and the list goes on.

Tonight, I plan on spending some time talking with a friend, doing some reading, and maybe watch an episode of Start Trek TNG (I'm just now watching it for the first time on Netflix).

Today is my 6th day which is almost over of my detox. Today and yesterday there were 0 cravings. Today I also did not procrastinate about doing work when I get home from school like I normally do. It feels pretty amazing to not be controlled by my energy levels right now. I learned a saying earlier that said if you say you can’t you must. So I’m going to remember that every time I want to give up or procrastinate or whatever the situation is. I’m going to a school football game tonight and I’m falling more in love with a certain girl and she already said I’m adorable and all but she doesn’t think I’m for her but I really hope somehow I could change her mind this year. She is super nice and funny and good looking. But that’s been my day so far so I guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow. P.s. this is my longest streak of no games!

• Like 3

Hey guys well today is my 8th day and Im still on a streak of my longest time not gaming. It was super difficult yesterday. I had super bad cravings and I almost gave in but I kept pushing myself. I also was depressed because of a girl I like and I want her to like me back but I feel powerless and not motivated to success because I can’t get a girlfriend or her so I say to myself why should I succeed if I can’t share it with someone. I want the success so I don’t procrastinate but I do now because I can’t get a girl I like which actually made me bored yesterday so I decided to procrastinate and not work on success which caused the cravings I think. But even though I procrastinated on work the cravings didn’t win because I decided to watch YouTube videos on success and Netflix. Even though my day wasn’t productive and it was boring and depressive I still didn’t let the cravings win which is considered a overall win in my book. Today is a little better. I’m not procrastinating but I still can’t get my mind off this girl. I just really like her and I wish she felt the same or if there is a way to convince her otherwise I would love to do that. I don’t really know I guess we will finish today and just keep on seeing what happens.

Hey guys what is up! I feel great today! Today is my 11th day of the detox and I can feel more and more alive every single day. I’ve realized I’m also becoming more of an extrovert than being an introvert that I was before. School is going good and I’m still learning the skills to become wealthy in my business. I’m also reading some good books and I’m trying to train myself because I always would overthink everything and I’m trying to change that and start thinking letting the chips fall where they may. The only negative going on for me that I don’t like is a girl I like doesn’t like me back and I’m confused about how to make this business thing work for me. But other than that things are great and I can’t see what today brings. Peace guys!

• Like 2

Hey guys what’s up! Today is my 13th day of my 90 day detox and I’m still improving in energy and mood everyday. My business is also on track along with school so that’s good feeling. Today I’m also going to a party at Pizza Hut which sounds super good after school. Today will be a good day. Peace!

• Like 1

Hey what’s up. Today is my 14th day of the detox and so it’s been two weeks and I feel pretty good. There are things that could improve such as my energy levels dropping after like 30min of waking. I also exercise 2 hours everyday so. My schooling is going good and my business is getting going finally. I would procrastinate and procrastinate but I finally have started getting it going. Also I did not feel like getting up today because of all week full day productive the past week, but I remembered what my mentor said. He said inertia is acting on us when we sleep at night and that is why we don’t want to get up in the morning but if you it’s an object in motion tends to stay in motion. It worked. I told my body nope your getting up and we are going to be productive and I’m up.

Hey guys what’s up. Today is my 16th day of my 90 day detox and I’m feeling really good. I have had mood swings that have gone back and forth but I do eventually get back on track. Right now I’m being super productive again. I’ve realized my trigger to my mood swings and I’m doing what I can to avoid the trigger and I hope it works this time. But let’s go guys. I know you guys can do it too if I am this far already and I thought the most I could go was 3 days and that was it.

What’s up how is everyone doing today? Well yesterday was kind of a swipe and hopefully today can be better. I was feeling super overwhelmed yesterday with work and I got angry. But today hopefully I can get it all under control and back in order. Running a business in my last year of high school is tough. But anyways today is my 17th day of my detox and it’s still chucking away. Let’s keep this going to 90 days!

What’s up guys today is officially my 18th day of my detox and life is feeling really good. I almost missed the school but this morning but other than that life is good. Today also the girl I like actually started talking to me which I thought was super weird for a first little chat. I’m not good at keeping conversations going. But I really like her and I got super nervous and the rest of the walk was silent so I hope that didn’t turn her off. Also my friends were making loud remarks in the halls toward us which I hope that didn’t turn her off either. I hope she continues to get more comfortable around me. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!

• Like 1

Hey guys what’s up! Today is my 19th day of my 90 day detox and things are pretty good. I’m getting made fun of at school for my business stuff at school but other than that things are ok and I’m still thinking about the girl I like that doesn’t like me back which brings me down every time I see her. But other than that things are really good and I’m not tired like I used to always be. I’m a lot more productive.

Edited by Jordan2020
Mistakes
  • Like 1