NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Helping Students/Families

BrassWolf

Today I was thinking about some of my students and how they will return to us in a few weeks from their summer break. Some of them will say "I played 11 hours of Fortnite" and they are elementary aged students. I am wondering, as an educator, what I can do about this. I feel that I want to collaborate with my counselor on this and maybe even our parent liasion. Just a curiosity on what to do.

I think that's a great idea @BrassWolf. Talk to your counselor and go from there: parent liason, principle. Parents don't realize what significant game time could cause in adolescence and young adulthood.  

To take it even further... How would you feel about running an after-school program where the kids could try out different hobbies? Food for thought.

Anyways, I think you're mind is a great place and I can't wait to hear about your meetings!

Anytime, Kris.

If you need help with anything that I could work on remotely, I'd be willing and interested in helping. In starting this game-free life, occupying your time is a big part of not relapsing, right?

If I can occupy my time by making a friend and helping kids & parents dodge the pitfalls that my parents & I fell into? Even better.

Send me a DM if you need anything.