NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Do you ever get a feeling of depresonalization

Sarma

I don't know if this is a symptom of the detox. 

Sometimes I think about reality as it is, and feel kind of disconnected. I start to question my existence as a whole. 

I want to say it's because of anxiety, but I cant help but be worried that something worse is happening to me. 

These thoughts started to come to me when I had my first big panic attack at the end of high school. I didn't think of it much at the time, because I was obviously not feeling well. 

Now with reoccuring anxiety attacks, i fear that it could be something more serious. 

What do you guys think about this? 

First off this is something new to you that you don't understand because you fear it. I suggest scheduling an appointment with a therapist to hash it out a bit. Sounds like addiction withdrawal to me. Back when I was quitting alcohol having people to chat to that related really helped I would just drink myself into a drunken stupor otherwise. Maybe the StopGaming discord chat would be a good place to stop by next time you feel an anxiety attack coming on. Best of luck. @Sarma

• Like 1

@goodvibes Yeah i hope its a withdrawal symptom as well. I always think of the worst thing possible when new stuff like this happens to me. Sadly, the new therapist im supposed to go to is taking a break from work. There was this therapist i went to before, but i never thought she really helped me. But i think im gonna search for anpther therapist in the mean time. Need to get my head straight. 

If you feel considerable depersonalization and/or depression, I highly suggest to get a proper blood testing done - it could be a simple medical issue. There's a youtube guy "bignoknow" who had very severe depersonalization for a very long time, highly suicidal, was hospitalized at times etc. In the end it was found through a blood test that he had dangerously low levels of testosterone, started a therapy for it and recovered.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't know if my experience is similar to yours, OP.  But a few times this year, I felt like I was watching myself do things, as if I were another person watching 'me'.  During those times I was also going through a period of depression.  I don't know exactly why I did that, but maybe it was a way to distance myself from the harsh reality of my depression.  And I was ordering myself around too.  Like, I'd say to myself "Silly girl, go over there and wash those dishes!".  Mind-body detachment or something strange like that.  It was the only way I could focus on getting anything done around the house. 

• 1 month later...

It may be something you were avoiding thinking about with gaming, which is why it might feel more prevalent. I suspect the thought is there. I tend to look at my phone at night to avoid those thoughts. Transitioning out of that by creating stories in my heads or like amusing questions like “If a culture existed in a fantasy world, what would their curse words be?”. Could take this a step further by real-life questions “What are some solutions for people in wheelchairs to have more independence at a grocery store if they can’t reach the shelves. What design would help them?”. I suspect your brain is stimulating itself with far-out questions, see if you can amuse it with something still interesting and challenging, but perhaps connects you to the community or your own creativity to feel more anchored after.