NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Ready For Change

DerekMT

I am ready to make changes in my life.  I have wasted too much time playing video games.  I don't have many other hobbies because gaming dominates almost all of my free time.  I am not happy with the outlook of my life if I keep going down the road that I am currently on.

Recently my girlfriend of three years broke up with me because of my laziness and the way that I treated her.  I was devastated, but I understood that it was necessary because I was not fair to her or myself.  I have a tendency to bottle up my emotions until something small sets me off and I explode.  Many times I would say very hurtful things to her and regret it immediately, but once the words have escaped you can't take them back.

I believe that the root of my anger problems stems from not being happy with myself.  I want to be a better person with interesting hobbies and an amazing story to tell.  I want to see the world and experience as much as I can.  

At the moment I have a lot of mixed feelings.  I am worried that I will fail and resort back to business as usual, but I am also excited for a fresh start and new experiences.  I worry about losing my gaming buddies who I have played with for countless hours, but I am excited about finding new friends who have healthy hobbies who will encourage me to be a better version of myself.  I look forward to this journey but part of me is scared that I won't be able to maintain a healthier lifestyle. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DerekMT said:

At the moment I have a lot of mixed feelings.  I am worried that I will fail and resort back to business as usual, but I am also excited for a fresh start and new experiences.  I worry about losing my gaming buddies who I have played with for countless hours, but I am excited about finding new friends who have healthy hobbies who will encourage me to be a better version of myself.  I look forward to this journey but part of me is scared that I won't be able to maintain a healthier lifestyle. 

We fear what we don't understand. The real trick in my experience to living a healthier lifestyle is to just do it and make sure you are doing it for yourself not to please someone else but because this is an investment you can carry with you the rest of your life! Nice work starting your journal keep it going!! :326_comet:

Neil