NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Lets try to get more out of life that "this"

Hi guys, (are there any girls here by the way? just curious)

I am a addict I play video games whenever I can. But not all is lost the good thing is I am still a functional member of society. I am 27 and currently studying medical systems engineering (aka the guys that build MRI scanner and pacemakers) in Germany. This is my last semester at the university I did Bachelor already and I currently work on my Master thesis and it looks like it is going okish.

So whats the problem?

Well I can pull myself together for a curtain amount of time but it takes an incredible amount of will power every time and it feels like torture whenever I just learn for exams instead of game all day.  The cravings are so strong nearly irresistible. And if something unexpected happens while I am already pulling myself together like a party invitation in the learning period for the exams everything crashes down. I cant do both because how would i be able to get my 6-8h of gaming in?

I actually have a few activities that I like to do outside gaming. I learned Cello in my Beachlor degree and I like to go inline skating. But because the Master got more stressful i now drop those activities quite often to still be able to do everything for the university and get my gaming dose in.

I don’t necessarily want do ban gaming from my life forever but at the moment it has the control over me and dictates what i can and can’t do. I need this control back and i need to eliminate those cravings. So I started the 90- Detox yesterday.

What pushed me over the edge to start this?

Two things happend in my life:

1. Before my Bachelor degree  my life goal was that i wanted to make a career in science. But  in my degree i found that i suck at doing science and its really unenjoyable. Sooo new life goals needed to be found. And i always had in my mind that i wanted to see a lot of the world and here is the new plan: Work 5 years, By a sailboat, Sail around the world. Crazy ? Maybe. But iam gone do it anyway.  The problem is that aint gone get easy i have to learn a lot, make a lot of money and get quite a few new skills. And i just cant achieve this with 8 hours of gaming every day. So Gaming has to go.

2. My best friend just got married, he is also a big gamer and his now wife is very supportive of his gaming habit. Sounds perfect doesn’t it? He finished university 3 years early then me and his life looks now like this: He goes to a realitvly mediocre job, gets home, his wife makes dinner, they eat talk and she goes ant watches TV and he starts gaming (Pc is next to her) she makes him a few snacks and at some point he goes to bed. Repeat. Every day for the last 3 years. This horrifis the living shit out of me. I don’t want such a mediocre life i want to do and experience it to the fullest this just sucks and now they are married and this will go on for forever.

• Like 2

A smart and fine move to join our ranks @Functional_Addict take it all the way and do every thing you must to complete the 90 day detox it is really the start of a new way of life. Strap in and enjoy the ride!

For your reference to help along the way here is ..
A welcoming statement :230_hatched_chick:
First move the consoles & games out of sight so it stays out of mind ..
This includes uninstalling them from the computer & devices! ..
Once it is done you can move on from there & a lot easier I might add.

Getting rid of the games for good enabled me to finish the detox strong, consider that.
After that you need to teach yourself how else to spend that free time!
Make sure you are eating healthy, getting daily exercise, & proper sleep ..
NUTRITION - big minefield of controversy I personally am behind a plant-based diet ..
This upcoming documentary backed by Producers Arnold Schwarzenegger & Jackie Chan ..
Check it out ✌️ I won't respond in forum to this topic but you are welcome to message me ..
Find some hobbies to replace the time gained ..

https://gamequitters.com/hobby-tool/
Start some kind of journal with pen & paper, online here, or both! ..
https://forum.gamequitters.com/index.php?/topic/3160-guidelines-templates
https://forum.gamequitters.com/index.php?/forum/11-daily-journals/
Cross-examine other areas in your life you find consuming your time ..
Excessive consumption is what leads to the time crippling addictions ..
Replace such excessive consumerism by using your free time to create.
Our one life, the time that we have is meant for so much more than feeding addictions.
Thank you for your interest to quit video games ..
Perhaps such bold action will inspire others to great deeds as well ?
Welcome to the forums!!

Neil,  Ex-Gamer Addict,  Gamequitters Member
My Profile Direct Message Me,  Discord Support Chat
My Journal My Introduction