NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Mattox's Journal #new

mattox

Hello this is my first post. Lets just get started!

Day #1

Days without Gaming 1

This months goals

• Pass at least 6 out of 7 exams
  • Improve Programming skills
  • Exercise in moderation

Review of Today

One amazing thing that happened today: it is the first 24h in a long time in which I have not gamed voluntarily! This is enough for me at the moment.

Workout (running) I just went for a run today. I went because I felt exhausted and tired and a strange feeling which is a mixture of frustration and helplessness. It was for sure due to not playing any games for 24h. I ran for a good amount of time which was surprisingly more than I would run for usually. I did not get a runners high which is weird because I usually do. Probably due to low dopamine levels?

Studying  My exams are coming up. Unfortunately due to my weird feeling I was not able to study today... I am sure tomorrow will be better.

Practicing Programming Today a new book arrived about embedded C programming. I will start reading it during bed time today instead of playing "that last round of LOL".

Weekly Goal To study the amount I have planned and to not play any games of course.

Tomorrows Goal To wake up early and to study. Maybe go for a run again if I feel depressed.

Things that went well today That I motivated myself to go for a run.

Things that didn't went well today That I have this weird feeling like being depressed or something...

Edited by mattox
  • Like 4

Day #2

Days without Gaming 2

Review of Today

One amazing thing that happened today: I studied for 6 hours and then went for some pizza and beer with my friends. They were talking about gaming a bit but I did not feel any urge.

Workout (running) free day.

Studying  studied for 6 hours!

Practicing Programming did not have time yesterday.

Tomorrows Goal To wake up early and to study. Maybe go for a run again if I feel depressed.

Things that went well today That I motivated myself to study.

Things that didn't went well today everything was fine!

Day #3

Days without Gaming 3

Review of Today

One amazing thing that happened today: I studied and spent time with my gf and did not feel any urge. However I felt very weak due to not drinking enough water I think and not enough gaming.

Workout (running) nope

Studying  studied for 3 hours or so... not enough

Practicing Programming no motivation

Things that went well today That I motivated myself to study despite low energy.

Things that didn't went well today low energy and bad mood.

Day #4

Days without Gaming 4

Review of Today

Weekly Goal To pass my two exams I have this week! and to study a lot.

One amazing thing that happened today: again low mood but and energy but I still managed to study for 6hours until 12 PM after taking a break

Workout (running) nope

Studying  studied for 6 hours!

Practicing Programming did not have time and energy.

Things that went well today That I motivated myself to study despite being late and low on energy.

Things that didn't went well today low energy but it was better than day #3

Day #5

Days without Gaming 5

Review of Today

One amazing thing that happened today: That I played basketball with my friends

Workout (running) played basketball

Studying  studied for 4 hours

Practicing Programming Ill try later.

Things that went well today studying in general but it was not enough imo

Things that didn't went well today it feels like I have not played in weeks. The urge is harder than before. Right now I just wanna play a game no motivation to study whatsoever despite just having played basketball for almost 3 hours. ? Sucks!

Hang in there! Don't give into the temptation to play: the first week seems to be the hardest. Gain consistency and do more fun things like basketball to help occupy your time (just studying all day will eventually leave you lonely and depressed). Exercise is great and running is very immersive: I used to run cross country in high school and I remember loving the runner's highs. Overall you're making progress and doing good work it seems: congratulations!!! ?

Edited by indyc

Hey for the programming practice:

Dont try to read to much the fastest way to learn is by solving problem. There are sites outthere that have coding challenges in all kinds of languages and at all skilllevels if you dont have real world problems you want to solve right now. You will come back to the book if you have a  specific problem that you cant find the solution but until then reading it is not super usefull since you will probably forgett most of it.