NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Simple Diary

H1kka6ezHuka

For once and never, sorry my English, this is my second language and I will have some troubles with that. I'll never talk about this in this topic anymore.

Hi, everyone. So bascially I'm newcomer here and I will be glad to became a part of your community. I've had troubles with gaming long time ago, but it became worse past few months. I've tried to beat it by myself by just deleteng all the games each time, also I've promised myself that I won't ever play, but this thing happens againg and again. So, I decided to do journaling. This is a good thing, and my thought about it are based on my own experience. So, this is what I'll do.

The next thing will be here soon. Thank you!

• Like 3

On 7/3/2019 at 2:23 AM, ElectroNugget said:

Welcome to the forums man! Good luck on your journey. It’s gonna be tough, but it will be very much worth it, trust me. ? 

Thank you for your support! I agree with you, it is a hard way, but benefits are too great.

Last couple of days gone bad. I've just graduated 3rd college grade and as a reward to myself I decided to play. And of course it was a bad decision. Today, as a result of my uncontrolled gaming and lazyness, I've got a first bad review on my freelance profile because I did't made a task in time. It feels and looks shitty. So I don't want it to be like that and I need to stop gaming.

The problem is, I don't think I should stop completely. I want to stop until I have more willpower to sustain from uncontrolled gaming. But how to measure it? I think if I will complete some of my goals and dreams, it will be measured as a success. And as I decide about my goals, I'll write it down here.

Also, I wanted to write my personal reasons why do I want to stop gaming and ask some questions that usually pop out in my head. I'll start with reasons. Some of them:

• I can't control gaming. Whatever I try doesn't helps. I can't control it and it becomes an addiction. And I don't need such an addiction.
  • It takes too much time. Even if I wouldn't be addicted, I'd still waste too much time for this.
  • It maked me think slower. It maked me stupid for some time. I'm starting thinking about games I play when I work and study and when I am trying to sleep. This is bad.
  • I don't have any profit from that, actually, I waste real money for buying games.

DAY 1

Today I had some urges to download and play Skyrim. This is a great game and I had nostalgia about it. But as it known if I will start gaming it will suck out my life and everything will get even worse again. So no, I won't play Skyrim as I won't play any other game. That is my decision, so I should follow it. I will stop gaming because I need it and because I can!

Also, I thought about a goal I've talked before. I think this is might be a life in a new country, well-payed job and my own business/company/project. But I am still thinking about it.

• Like 1

Have you taken any steps to remove games from your environment? As long as it's easy to game, it's going to be nearly impossible to abstain in any meaningful way. Like an alcoholic does with alcohol, the first step you need to take is to remove videogames from your immediate surroundings, and put barriers up between yourself and them. I handed over my gaming accounts to my mom for example. They're still out there, but it would be at least a very awkward conversation to get back to gaming.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ElectroNugget said:

Have you taken any steps to remove games from your environment? As long as it's easy to game, it's going to be nearly impossible to abstain in any meaningful way. Like an alcoholic does with alcohol, the first step you need to take is to remove videogames from your immediate surroundings, and put barriers up between yourself and them. I handed over my gaming accounts to my mom for example. They're still out there, but it would be at least a very awkward conversation to get back to gaming.

No, actually I didn't. On Youtube I still have some gaming recomendations. So I'll install DFTube to remove them. And thank you for an advice! I've never thought this way. I will give my account to a friend who knows about my problem and won't allow me to access it.

Edited by H1kka6ezHuka
grammar
  • Like 1