NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Its driving me nuts

alf1035

All I want to do is game right now. Like what does it matter if I only game for the rest of the summer than quit? It is making me go mad  because this is what I usually do. This is infuriating. I have so many friends that I want to get in touch with and I am going nuts when I am not playing. I spent a full year, A FULL YEAR! Practicing this game only to quit it. 

I have this urge to just game a little bit more and than stop but I know were that leads but does it really matter? I've been addicted to lol for a full year and right now I am thinking about playing a bit of Minecraft just to get it out of my system. What is your thoughts?

Playing one game won't 'solve' the urge for another. You might be looking at it in the wrong way too. Don't focus on the aspect or word of 'quitting', think of it as stopping until you can get to 90 days. At the same time, during the detox you can't solely focus on "When it's over, I can game again!". Quitting something and battling an addiction isn't about focusing on killing that addiction - it's about focusing on building your life in it's absence.

Not sure why there's a direct link to a twitch stream in your post either, makes me kinda think you're trolling. In the end though, only you can help yourself, its your life and your choice if you want to quit or not. There'll always be support here, but we can't help you if you don't want to be helped. If anything, you should write down and reflect on why you wanted to quit in the first place.

• 8 months later...

I read another persons frustrations and he mentioned growth.

I don't like it, call me immature, but the reality is we can grow/mature out of our gaming by moving to the next level. This I am still working though but it cuts deep into me: https://www.amazon.com/HAVENT-ONLINE-GAMING-INTERNET-DISORDER-ebook/dp/B085PNXJTB/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=WHY+HAVEN%27T+YOU+QUIT+ONLINE+GAMING%3F&qid=1584823160&sr=8-1

Relapse for me adds frustration as I just want a free life, that frustration made me mad, being mad led me back to gaming. *&%!!! Catch 22.Then I want one last hit.

I am learning to confront so i can go to the next level.