NEW PODCAST: Instant Gratification is the cause of so many problems in your life...

Hey Everyone,

I'm a young adult University student from Canada and want to quit games so I can be at peace in my life. Since picking up games over the past 2 months I've always been thinking about what's the next thing and haven't had as much peace of mind.

My main goal now that I have quit for good (and deleting ALL accounts I can possibly find) is to find a part time job that is flexible with my class schedule. It's a very small step for now yes, but it's a baby step onto my next BIG GOAL of getting my University degree in Business for a better future ^-^

Any way you can help?
Accountability. Please send a DM I'd love to chat 🙂

P.S. I haven't used this account in a while, I forgot the login and thought I didn't need it for sometime please excuse the signature if there is any.

• Like 1

Thanks Erdall!

I looked at that tool briefly, I'll choose part-time work, working out  and podcast for now as I feel those would be the most valuable to me.

For the journaling I like writing down in a notebook. I like to be old school like that haha.

Currently downloading that podcast episode onto my device as I type this message.

Thank you so much 🙂

Aside from deleting the gaming accounts if there are any consoles or physical discs unplug & remove them - out of sight, out of mind.
Of course it is much fun to smash the things to pieces but time is required for that!!
Oh!! Make sure boredom is not filling your free time here is the hobby tool =)
https://gamequitters.com/hobby-tool/

Welcome to the forums Dylan definitely keep coming back to maintain a journal - that is intentional self-accountability and no doubt people will stop by to help keep you honest!
If you have any questions I am happy to help.

Neil

• Like 1

@goodvibes

I don't own any gaming consoles, my PC is the main issue but seems fine now that I uninstalled all games.

Looked at the hobby link and will do part-time job and working out.

I'll consider doing that journal, thanks 🙂

Hey, what is it about games that keeps you away from having peace in your life ? 🙂  

Edited by Guest

@The radtech It took too much time away from things I need to focus on like school, chores, studying. I like having the peace of mind knowing that I can do chores, school, studying without having to worry about what I'll be doing next in some game. Gives more time for things I care about

2 hours ago, Dylan Tazzioli said:

@The radtech It took too much time away from things I need to focus on like school, chores, studying. I like having the peace of mind knowing that I can do chores, school, studying without having to worry about what I'll be doing next in some game. Gives more time for things I care about

Arrgh okay yeah. I am with you on that one. 🙂